Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [bujayman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We can tell you the length of the seat post. Its 260mm from the minimum insertion line to the centreline of the fxing rail of the saddle rail.

I have a large shiv so I cannot give you the sized of the frame

regards

Coxy
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [coxy_in_nz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So if i added that seat post measurement of 260mm to the Seat tube length (BB center to top) and got a 863mm would that be correct?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The saddle itself will add a small amount of extra length/height. Something in the order of 25mm or so, depending on the saddle you use.
Last edited by: Philosoraptor: Apr 23, 13 5:03
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [kborst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would say go with the Gorilla XT. It is only $10 more and you will have piece of mind, so you can focus on the race. That's why we produced the Gorilla XT cages...for those very bumpy roads or mountain bike use.

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Howdy, I have a 2010 shiv tt frame and was wondering if anyone had or knew someone who has a riser kit or handlebar hardware (bolts, ect) that they would be willing to sell for that particular model. I am in dire need of this kit/these pieces.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for reply.

Does it need your Xlab bottle, or will it have the same grib with any other bottle?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [kborst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well of course I will recommend our Aqua shot bottles!! We use them in all of our testing. But as long as you ensure the bottle has a deep groove like ours and it aligns with the top hook of the cage you should be fine.

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [godekjames] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Late to the thread. Really liking the Shiv, but the hydration bladder has been nothing but problems. Very difficult to get the bladder to slide into place. Took awhile to figure out the bite valve, too. You have to bite on the very edge, at an angle, to get it to work. Thought I had it working, but discovered a pinhole leak in the bladder. Aarrgh. The link above doesn't work. Guess I'll have my LBS replace the bladder under warranty, but I'm really disappointed. Have a race coming up in a few days and will probably have to use a water bottle cage on the seat post tube, which I wanted to avoid (and was one of the reasons I got the Shiv). Hopefully, the replacement bladder won't leak, but Specialized needs to work on a better bladder or a better way of sliding the bladder into the frame...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mtxdoc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wondering if you got something on the outside of the bladder (dirt, sports drink, etc. ). I had a similar issue but it was because I got sports drink on the outside of the bladder which caused resistance when inserting the bladder. Washed it off and all is good. Also ended up with a camelback bite valve on the end as that solved the issue that you are talking about.

---------
Specialized Shiv
Scott Addict
Niner Jet 9
Niner RLT
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quick Shiv question pleeeeze..

can anyone please tell me if their Shiv has a wedge shaped spacer between the front derailleur and the braze on ?

I'm lost as to how the derailleur can foul the chainring as below:

.. unless the braze on is bent !
Edit: just to confirm, I tried a different mech on there and the problem was the same. So its not a bent mech problem! thx
Last edited by: paull: Apr 25, 13 9:52
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [paull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know the answer to that question, but I just bought a Shiv.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No wedge or spacer on mine. Sorry that I will ask the obvious, but did you adjust the limit screws?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this a Shiv TT?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [sachems_88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sachems_88 wrote:
No wedge or spacer on mine. Sorry that I will ask the obvious, but did you adjust the limit screws?

I didn't change the limit screws, but I did fit another derailleur (ultegra) off my old TT bike and this was the same problem exactly.

I took it to the local bike shop and they agreed its very strange and not rideable as it is.

I think it must have got bashed in the post, so the black braze-on bracket has got a bit bent.

I've ordered a wedge shaped sram spacer that should do it, but its two weeks before I can get it. I'll try packing it with a bit of plastic in the meantime.

Yes this is a 2011 TT module
Last edited by: paull: Apr 26, 13 0:32
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Mark,

I somehow lost my bladder for my 2012 XL comp rival after my last race last weekend.

I've been looking for a place to order the bladder online, but discovered that apparently the only way to order them is through a local bike shop. Is this true?

Is there any way I can place a rush order on a new XL bladder, including the assembly and straw-type end piece, so that I can get it before Wildflower (i.e., by Thursday 5/2)?

My local bike shop is telling me 3-6 weeks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [K_Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How are people using BTA bottles with the standard Ski bend bars and drink straw, i run a fairly narrow front end and there doesn't appear to be enough room to fit a cage and bottle alongside the drink straw, are there any particular brands that are narrow (have elite cages at the moment) Im using an Osprey hose and bite valve for better flow as well? Any tips/pictures with the stock front end would be great....

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [chrispee44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Instead of running the straw along the extensions, wrap it back around your stem in a U shape. I actually found this more secure than using the magnet on the aero extensions and I'm pretty sure I've seen other bikes set up like this.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [K_Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Fuelselage can be ordered from the website:

http://www.specialized.com/...elagehydrationsystem

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a go to s bend aero bar to replace the stock ones?

Not a fan of the stock ones
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty much anything should work. I think I have seen people using the Profile T2 s-bend extensions.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Boooo!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boooo! wrote:
I'm having the same problem.
I have tried Crazy Glue and Gorilla Glue. Neither is strong enough to hold the nut in when you clamp the seat post in.
Have you had any luck solving the problem.
Any one know of a stronger glue to use?

Milney wrote:
Hey guys have you come across the problem with the seat post nut coming out of the frame? I'm having trouble now putting enough pressure on it so as the seat post doesn't slip..

Any solutions to this problem?
Same here :-( on a Shiv Expert 2013, just got on Friday:

(large image - http://img341.imageshack.us/...vshivseatpostnut.jpg)
Seems like a design/assembly issue.
Last edited by: Shony: Apr 29, 13 2:46
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Shony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It needs to go back to Specialized for repair. Don't waste your time trying to fix it.
They will take good care of you.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Boooo!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine just got back from specialized last week where they fixed the same issue! It is all good now! My LBS was awesome about helping me get it there overnight etc at no cost to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Timsmu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For various reasons, I would like to change out the BB on my Shiv comp. I have had a few issues that my lbs has fixed, but I just figured the heck with it; I will just replace it. I like DA stuff, but am open to anything else. From what I understand, it is a Specialized osb but basically a BB30? Next year I would like to go all DA on other comps- right now I am stock shiv comp build. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Timsmu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Timsmu wrote:
For various reasons, I would like to change out the BB on my Shiv comp. I have had a few issues that my lbs has fixed, but I just figured the heck with it; I will just replace it. I like DA stuff, but am open to anything else. From what I understand, it is a Specialized osb but basically a BB30? Next year I would like to go all DA on other comps- right now I am stock shiv comp build. Thanks!

Not sure what question you are asking. It is BB30. If you want to use Dura-ace cranks you will need an adapter. These come in basically two types that I am aware of. One fits into your BB30 shell and allows you screw in a regular Shimano BB. The other replaces your BB30 bearing and steps down in size so that you are essentially using a BB30 BB but with Shimano cranks.

I fail to see how this will solve any sort of problem that you are having.
Quote Reply

Prev Next