Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

910xt alternative... rcx5?
Quote | Reply
I've had lots of issues with the 910xt.. today did a race and it just died on me.. The 910xt tracked the swim correctly but did not work on the bike and run legs. Distances stayed at 0 and speed was 00:00.. During the run, I shut it off and tried to restart it but no go.. Luckily I was using a 500edge for the bike portion so that recorded fine.. anyway, i'm thinking of dumping the 910xt.

What is a good alternative that does swim metrics and ocean swim GPS?

is the rcx5 any good? Theres not much information on their website. Anything else that does multisport? I have a garmin edge 500 which I use for my bike so I really only need the swim and run legs for the watch.
Quote Reply
Re: 910xt alternative... rcx5? [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My RCX5 worked really well. Only issues I had with it was an occasional dropout of pacing. For the most part worked well. I moved to the 910XT so I could use power (no ant+) and I didn't like using and arm band for the GPS. Of the 2, the 910 has worked better for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you haven't already, check/update the firmware.

Mine had a couple of those episodes early on, and the newer firmware seems to have corrected that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://forums.garmin.com/...S-in-multisport-mode

Some people are reporting similar problem here. Talk to Garmin maybe. It's not affecting everyone - we've 2 devices here and do not see the problem even with the latest firmware.

There's someone there collecting device numbers, not sure why as it is Garmin you need to be talking with...although they can be a little challenging to deal with.

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Last edited by: irncpl: Apr 20, 13 22:21
Quote Reply
Re: 910xt alternative... rcx5? [irncpl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
irncpl wrote:
https://forums.garmin.com/...S-in-multisport-mode

Some people are reporting similar problem here. Talk to Garmin maybe. It's not affecting everyone - we've 2 devices here and do not see the problem even with the latest firmware.

There's someone there collecting device numbers, not sure why as it is Garmin you need to be talking with...although they can be a little challenging to deal with.

Thanks! It looks like upgrading to 2.7 firmware causes this problem to a few watches.... Since this is the first time I've run OWS since upgrading, I was a victim.. i just downgraded back to 2.6.
Quote Reply