Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Please recommend a heart rate monitor/watch/gps
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a good watch with GPS and HRM functions but I don't want something huge and clunky.

Do any womens have ideas for me?

I used to have Suunto that was ok until I developed an allergy to the watch buckle; it also seemed that the HRM strap interfered with the band of my sports bra and made it way less supportive....anyone had this experience?

Thanks!

--L
Quote Reply
Re: Please recommend a heart rate monitor/watch/gps [lilystyx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bia - not out yet but you can pre order - I went in when it was in kickstarter
they are starting to field test
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went with a Garmin FR210 for my fiancée, she's pretty happy with it.
Size is much better than when she would borrow my 310 or 910.
Another friend has a Garmin FR10 that she likes as well.
Neither 210 or 10 are any good if you want to swim with them, but are good running watches.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do the 410 and love everything about it. Right size for a girlie wrist, but still displays the data in large, clear numbers. Lots of customization available for the screens, so you can see the data you want. Waterproof, but not made for swimming. I use the heartrate monitor, footpod, and the attachments for my bike so I can (quasi) measure distance while on the trainer. It comes with a hard-plastic strap that I didn't like (weird fit to my wrist) as well as fabric straps that are super comfortable for me.

You can also get fancy and get the Lulu Lemon sports bra (didn't fit me at all but some womens like it) that has the snaps for the heart rate monitor so you don't need a separate strap.

Hope this helps!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Re: Please recommend a heart rate monitor/watch/gps [meuf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the lead! Ordered it, now just have to wait til August.

I really like the size and the idea of the 'panic button.' I run in the middle of nowhere and there's usually no cell signal. Nice to have a little peace of mind.

--L
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like that too
Can't wait until they start shipping!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Garmin 410 that is 1 yr old. It comes with the hrm and strap, all cords , ant stick, and all other accessories for only $100.00. It is practically new condition. It has a tiny nick in the bezel, hardly noticeable.
Quote Reply