Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [jrcarson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can use your 9070 with S-Works cranks.

We're doing it here in the office.

-Matty
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [spearit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes there is.

---------
Specialized Shiv
Scott Addict
Niner Jet 9
Niner RLT
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If any of you have questions on the new sitero saddle please feel free to ask.

Thank you all,

Matt Elmore[/url]
Specialized Bicycle Components
Triathlon and Aero Product Marketing

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MattyElmore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you recommend people carry nutrition on the SHIV for the 70.3 distance? Because of the fuelselage it makes it tough to put a XLab pack behind the stem. Another good ideas for carrying GU and other nutrition on the SHIV?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Matty.
I am quite interested in the Sitero. My main question is, will the Sitero enable me to have a more forward position? I have tried looking at the pictures to get a sense of where the rails are and so on but I just can't tell.
I have been considering buying the 37.5mm setback post in order to get more forward but it would be nice if I could achieve the same thing with the Sitero.
Cheers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Matt,

Does the Sitero comes in different sizes ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have any pictures of it in white? trying to decide what color Im going to go for!

And on another sidenote, I just finnished my 2013 Shiv. But im having probklems with the di2 FD cable.
I cant seem to get it long enough to reach the FD when the shrink hose is on! How did you all do it??
I have tried with 3 different types.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [quangtt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What size cable kit did you get?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [TexanTriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Until the Fuelcell becomes available then ill be just using the tried and trusty taped gels/bar behind the Fuelselage on top tube.

Worked perfectly for the 3 x 70.3's I've done so far.

I did actually also tape some powerbar ride shots to the top of the aero stem and was able to access these whilst in aero which was handy.
Not the most ideal looker or perhaps aero solution but prob the handiest.

Regarding drinks - I had 1 bottle cage mounted, full Fuelselage and I refilled Fuelselage in the hotter of the 70.3's for more hydration also.
Toying with idea of torpedo mount for this season as an alternative.

Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. What is the "Fuelcell"? I haven't heard of it.

Do you just put the GU on the top tube with electrical tape?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Exactly. - tape gels as normal.

Fuelcell is Specialized aero storage mounts using cage bolts though so no bottle on frame.
Its the triangular storage device that the pro's trialled in Kona - us non pro's should have it this June hopefully.
Google it for pic's.
not sure how practical reaching down to it for gels will be but certainly a good spares/tools solution.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [jjabr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 7970 Di2 EW-7975-A-1
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Philosoraptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of the main functions of the sitero is to mimic the movement of the hips as the rider rolls from a more upright position to a more aggressive position of a TT/Tri bike.

We sit on our ischial tuberosities (sit bones) when we ride in more upright positions (like a road bike) but as we get into more aggressive positions we roll our hips forward and support ourselves on our pubic rami. When we do this, the area in which we support ourselves on the saddle narrows itself. So your sit bones could be 127mm apart, but your pubic rami is 110mm apart, meaning you need a narrower area when you roll forward to support yourself.

Most saddles don't allow for this because they are too narrow or too wide in the front. Because of the shape of the sitero, it allows the rider to find their "sit zone" and roll forward onto their pubic rami and open up the hips more, to get lower in the front and a more forward position.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [lcaspi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One size.

See my response above
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [quangtt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We don't have a picture of the one in white.

I'll grab one later today and snap a shot on my iphone for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is an early prototype of the fuelcell.

http://www.tririg.com/...v_Fuelcell&num=2

I've been using this for the last two months. It's very simple and practical to reach down and grab a gel or bar. More practical then trying to rip a gel off that is taped onto your top tube anyway
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Timsmu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We did a study on this here a year ago.

60mm is where people said they started to notice a difference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's interesting reading on the Sitero thanks.

Do you know when these are to be released in Europe?
Are all saddles one colour or will further options be available?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Matt,

I am getting ready to do another custom paint job, this time on my Shiv Tri. Do you know what the nominal clearance is between the seat post and frame? Also the nominal clearance between the frame and fork. I know some owners have mentioned that the fork can rub at full turn on the frame, so I definitely want to be very cautious in these areas.

Thanks,

Aaron
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have looked through specialized manuals (seem to be written for 7970) and the newer shimano manuals. and I came up with the following for the necessary parts for a Di2 upgrade.

I am looking to put Di2 Dura Ace 9070 on my shiv (2012 Comp) and I wanted to post the list of parts to make sure I had everything I needed. I'm looking to have a dual shifter setup. My aero bar setup is profile design carbon x 1.5. Any other advice or experience in doing this install would be welcome.

Cables EW-SD50 total of 8? (4 in the cockpit, 1 for connecting the junction boxes, 1 for the battery, 1 for the front derailleur and 1 for the rear derailleur) Not sure of the lengths needed.
Grommets (not sure whether oval or round)
brake/ shifters ST 9071
TT Shifters SW R671
5 port Junction box EW90-F
Junction Internal Rear SMHC41
Battery holder SM-BMR1 small
Battery SM-BTR1
Charger SM-BCC1-2
Rear Derailleur RD-9070-SS
Front Derailleur FD-9070-F

Thanks,
Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dannyh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems good I would jump at that price if it's your size. Many people are sizing down if you haven't been through the thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Cyronman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the reply,

Yesterday I rode the medium as well as the large. While technically I fit in the bottom 1/3rd of the large sizing chart there was no question the medium was for me (and I'm 5-11) -also could not believe how comfortable the Shiv was.

BTW the bike i was looking at was a very clean 2012 "Rival" size Large and sold for $2278.

-Danny
Last edited by: dannyh: Mar 26, 13 13:11
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mancala] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adrian,

you only need 4 cables, as the ST-9071 and the SW-R671 already have cables permanently attached to them.

Why won't you use the new internal battery? It fits just fine into the Shiv seatpost.

Oh, and no need for grommets IMO.

Greetings from the German Wine Route,
Roland
Last edited by: RolandG: Mar 26, 13 14:04
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [RolandG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for response.

I thought the normal specialized battery install used the mounts on the non-drive side. Is the the internal battery a new/better way to do the install?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just sat on one of the new Sitero saddles. It's great.
Not sure if it will work with my position. I'll have to wait for the LBS to get some stock so I can put one on my bike and test.
Quote Reply

Prev Next