Quote | Reply
you need the noddle on the top.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Philosoraptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Philosoraptor]
In reply to Philosoraptor

Availability of seat post with greater offset

Over in Melbourne to watch Ironman Melbourne and dropped in to see Andrew at Cyclespeed and he definitely has Shiv Seatpost with greater offset in his shop. dropped one one the bench.

He will charge proper money for it and delivers worldwide..

Thought you might like to know

Regards Coxy
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [fahmyboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fahmyboy,

We have very similar fact pattern. I too have long legs, short torso, and only road Shimano DuraAce. I bought a Comp in the fall and switched out the Rival for DuraAce. I didn't notice the weight difference much (the real weight comes from the stock wheels) but the shifting is much smoother. One thing to consider is the Shimano doesn't have BB30. I went with FSA K-Force Light instead of an adapter on Shimano. It's ok but I am still not sure it was the right decision.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey guys
i have a shiv expert 2013, have any of you tried out how wide a tyre that fits on it? right now im running 23mm but thinking of buying 25mm but will they fit??
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [berchrker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I currently run 25mm tires for training.

you'll be fine.

-Matty
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone out there try using sworks cranks with the new Di2(9070) on your shiv or do you need a Dura Ace Crank?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [sachems_88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Sachems,

The SRAM rival group set seems so clunky compared to Shimano. Not sure if its in my head.

Other than the wheels, what are the mandatory upgrades in your opinion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would and did replace the drivetrain. The comp has a mix of SRAM rival and apex. I agree it is clunky. I just meant that I didn't notice the weight difference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which drive train do you recommend that wouldn't break the bank. The reason that i'm asking, is that I'm going to the bike shop this weekend to get some work done, and I may upgrade if the price is not bad.

When I asked the bike shop what their recommended upgrades were, they recommended that I go with the "pro" which is twice the price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was offered the same deal for the pro. Instead I bought the comp and then bought a new DuraAce drive train online (FDR, RDR, Shifters, Chain) and asked my local bike shop to swap them out. You have to be a little careful with this approach because they would prefer for you to buy all the components at their shop. My shop was very agreeable since I was buying a 2012 bike and paying for the labor. The DuraAce looks awesome on it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I looked through a large portion of this thread and did several searches on this.

Has anyone added Di2 to a 2012 comp? I'm thinking of upgrading from dura ace to either di2 ultegra or the new dura ace di2 9070. I'm concerned about running the cables internally and mounting the battery.

Any help would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mancala] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hallo, anyone knows if its possible
To reverse the s-works aero stem upside
Down for more height Like a "normal" stem?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mancala] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah the bike was built for di2. You shouldn't have any issues at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [art] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What size rare earth magnets are people using for the drinks straw, i need to order some?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just picked up today:

Stock except for a Quarq Riken powermeter and Cobb saddle. Also has a barrel adjuster on the rear
brake cable to assist with different size rims.

Spot

Quote | Reply
Just had my new machine built up for the rest of the 2013 racing season. I'm actually a sponsored Specialized Professional Triathlete from Australia and Ill be heading to the USA for 5150 St Anthony's, 70.3 US Pro Champs St George and 70.3 Florida so the Shiv will be making the journey with me.

More pics on my blog for those interested (click here)

Sam Betten
Aussie Professional Triathelte
Twitter: @SamBetten
Instagram @SamBetten
Blog: sambetten.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big problem, please help me! Urgent!

I have a new shiv comp rival M2 and can´t get the spacers for the extensions from any dealer in europe!
So ist there any dealer or privat person also outside of europe which could sell me this spacers?
Does anyone have the same problem?

Thanks for your answers!

Bob

Last edited by: Biker66: Mar 24, 13 16:07
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Biker66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your bike should have come with them. Have you checked with your dealer about this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, there was no spacer-kit, they said that this is not included at the shiv comp.

Regards Bob
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Biker66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless the Euro market is different to every other market that I am aware of, they either lied or are mistaken. The full bar kit came with my original Comp.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the information, it seems to be different in europe.

So I still hope to get them somehow.

Regards Bob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I am looking to buy a Shiv and ran across a used (in good condition) 2012 Comp Rival for ~$2000. Understanding i wont get a warranty buying used I'm trying to decide if the price is good enough to take the risk. I have looked on Ebay's completed auction listing but have found very few of these to compare prices to. Can you tell me how common the Comp Rival is found used and what you have seen them going for?

Thank you in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [NickHandel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I received the build kit for my Shiv there was a small S/S widget leftover.
I believe it inserts into hole that allows the derailleur cable to pass through the bottom of the frame.
The noodle shown then slots into this S/S cap

Note this is different to the adjustable noodle used for the brakes.

As a side note - I replaced my brake cable with I-Links and found the stirrup to locate the cable was too short to use the correct
cable end. See how the cable end does not lie properly

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do not own a Shiv, but I wanted to ask a related question.
If you spend 6-12K for a bicycle: Is there insurance available that will pay to replace a shiv if you crash and crack it?
(not a derail attempt, just an honest question for someone like me without replacement monies). Thanks
------------

2011 Broward County 60-64M Sprint Tri Champion
2011 1st place 60-64M Race Troops Sprint Tri
2012 1st place 60-64M Spring Training Sprint Tri
2013 1st place 60-64M Bone Island HIM
2013 1st place 60-64M Tri-Miami International Tri
Quote Reply

Prev Next