Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [GingerAvenger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can get them from your local Specialized dealer.

If they dont have any on hand, they should be able to order you a pair.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [serge73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone have good pictures of the SHIV cockpit especially the aero stem?
I can't find any good pics online and want to order it from my specialized dealer to match my SHIV. Any reviews on it?
I want an aero stem and figured the combo is made for the SHIV right? In Kona all the SHIV's have other bars though, made me think.

-----------------------------------
Swim with swimmers, bike with cyclists, run with runners. Train with those who are hard to keep up with. Soon you will be hard to keep up with.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [GingerAvenger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In reply to Gingeravenger's question about Dash Saddles.

I have a Dash Saddle mounted to my Shiv Comp using the same saddle rail clamp that came with the bike.

I also have the larger offset seat post that comes with the S-Works Shiv and that clamp is designed for
saddles with oval rails and this does not work. (Wife has an S-Works)

The rails on the Dash Saddle are circular, not oval

Hope this helps

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [TexanTriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried a hose clamp used in aquariums.
Exact diameter for the Shiv hose.
Never falls out, can be rotated after mounted to adapt to best hose angle.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I appreciate the picture of your setup. I ordered some rare earth magnets from amazon. I put a magnet set halfway down the tube and replaced one of magnets at the end with a stronger, rare earth magnet.

I have yet to test it out on the road. I've also yet to test out using the angled nozzle over the bite valve...

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What ever happened to the Fuel Cell?

D

Team Every Man Jack

http://www.teamemj.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dmounts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried putting a spare kit in the frame along the top tube?

Nick Handel
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [nicholashandel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you seen what it looks like without the bladder? You wouldnt be able to put a spares kit in the top tube, at least not in my opinion.
-S
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dmounts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fuelcell is launching this summer. It took a while to get into production but is being finalized now. The pros who are racing the pre-production product are stoked. Just rode with Bevan yesterday in Santa Cruz and it worked great for him at IMNZ.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Specialized Bicycle Components
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Shane_W] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have stored a flat kit in the fuelselage. It worked fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Philosoraptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So fuselage works fine but not the top tube. I wonder if it could be put lower in the frame under the fuselage. Almost in the bb but still accesible by... Drawstring or something.

Mark, maybe you've posted this before but does the fuel cell have an aero cost/benefit?

Thanks

Nick Handel
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [nicholashandel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have,

you can put inside a tube, CO2 bottle, tire levers, and an Allen key without problem, probably more stuff but thats all I carry
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [alvaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

I purchased a Specialized Shiv Comp rival yesterday. I was in the market for a new tt bike and had a $3k budget. I have long legs and short torso and was told this was the best bike for me due to its highly customizable nature.

The thing that stands out most is that it feels heavy compared to my planet-x road bike. Also, having only ever had Shimano groupsets, the Sram Rival seems heavy and clunky. Is there a big difference between the expert and the rival? Does it warrant another 1k?

i'm a newb, so please be gentle.

Thank you in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [fahmyboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wondering if anyone knows the weight of the alloy base bar that comes on the comp or expert? Not the entire unit with clamping hardware or extensions.... just the actual base bar by its self. Not that it really matters much, but I happened to come across the weight of the carbon version and was just curious how it compared.

I just ordered a comp and I’m trying to decide between running the stock bars or a zipp alumina set up with carbon extensions. (Already own everything but the zipp alumina base bar so the upgrade wouldn’t be expensive.

Last edited by: JMarkel9: Mar 19, 13 6:30
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [JMarkel9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know the stock stem length of the LARGE shiv tri offhand?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [NickHandel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fuelcell has no aero cost at 0 degrees, at 15 degrees it saves about a watt.

Matt Elmore[/url]
Triathlon and Aero Product Marketing
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [art] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
60/90 is the stem length on all Pro/S-Works shivs XS-XL.

There is also a 110/80 stem your Specialized LBS can order for the specialized carbon aerobar cockpit.

Matt Elmore[/url]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll weigh an aluminum base bar for ya when i get a chance later today.

Matt Elmore[/url]
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MattyElmore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great! Thank you!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Rival and love it. I think you'll be very pleased with your purchase.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I purchased a Rival last fall. Haven't gotten it on the road much because I live in Minnesota and winter will never end. This is my first tri rig (Giant TCR2 road bike) but I really like the SRAM components - the shifts are quick and the response is positive. I really like the 'ca-chunk' when it shifts. My road bike is Shimano Ultregra and I would consider these comparable but the Ultegra is smoother. I wouldn't consider one better than the other, just different.

I cannot wait to get this bike outside and put some miles on it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
360 grams for our base bar

where zipp is 250 gram for just the base bar.

However, ours is a more complete set up that requires less hardware. one big thing being our holes for pads and spacers are drilled directly into the base bar, where with zipp you use a clip on clamp with pad style (more hardware).

So as a full system ours weighs in at 710 grams (no stem). Using Zipp's website and putting together all their lightest alumni parts i got 720 grams (no stem).

-Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a special cable stop for the front derrailleur cable that goes under the bottom bracket? I'm switching di2 for sram red.

Nick Handel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Matty,

I have a small shiv comp and I am needing to go with a smaller stem length than the stock 90. What is the shortest size without hurting the bikes handling?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [NickHandel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I solved my problem so if anyone else comes searching... Yes there's a cable stop that fits in the compartment under the bottom bracket. It comes with the bike and looks like the cable routing metal device for the brakes.

Nick Handel
Quote Reply

Prev Next