Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: craving peanut butter [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dates dipped in cashew butter -- awesome.

Peanut butter breakfast balls:

1 large jar of crunchy PB (natural) plus half cup of oats, half cup of well-rinsed grated coconut, half cup raisins, half cup ground flaxseed, half cup whatever chopped seeds/nuts you have lying around. Mix all together, then form into golfball size balls and put in fridge. Makes enough for a week. Have two for breakfast.

I get nervous when these start running low.
Quote Reply
Re: craving peanut butter [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just found gluten free graham crackers last Thursday, so finally had peanut butter on a graham cracker for the first time in years.

Too bad it turns out they don't agree with some of my other allergies (with unpleasant effects), but it was a blissful moment..

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:
dates dipped in cashew butter -- awesome.

Peanut butter breakfast balls:

1 large jar of crunchy PB (natural) plus half cup of oats, half cup of well-rinsed grated coconut, half cup raisins, half cup ground flaxseed, half cup whatever chopped seeds/nuts you have lying around. Mix all together, then form into golfball size balls and put in fridge. Makes enough for a week. Have two for breakfast.

I get nervous when these start running low.

Damn it, woman. That should have had a disclaimer in front of it like, "Do not read this unless you can immediately go to the store, buy said ingredients and make to try right away." I can't believe I'm going to have to wait until tonight. My instant gratification problem is not dealing with this well.

Have you made them with any other butter beside PB?

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Re: craving peanut butter [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find PB is best consistency for these, but . . .

i also make a chocolate/sour-cherry bark with cashew butter:

jar cashew butter + half cup or so of unsweetened cocoa powder + bit of whey powder + dried sour cherries + blanched almonds. Mix and form into a thick ball, flatten with a rolling pin between wax paper sheets, score with a knife into rectangles and stick in fridge. It's sugar free but the fruit makes it sweet. It never lasts long . . .

http://www.yearoftrainingdangerously.blogspot.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next