Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Womens ST (Xantusia) Kit.
Quote | Reply
Hey ladies,

Is anyone still wearing their ST kit ~~ remember the deSoto tri top with the xantusia down the top & the pretty blue flowered panel shorts? Turns out after lo! these many years I found mine in the bottom of a drawer. Would it be a sacrilege to do my first tri of the season in Ocala flying my ST kit?

Speaking of which, whatever happened to the Womens of ST? Speaking for myself, I left because of some specific nastiness which has since (apparently) been resolved, or at least silenced. And for that, however it came about and by whom, thank you.

Bring me up to date! I've been relatively out of commission since my hip resurface, but it's all rehabbed & I'm good to go. But where o where is the womens' team? Dawn T? TriBabe?

~~ kate
Last edited by: dreaming~big: Mar 6, 13 13:25
Quote Reply
Re: Womens ST (Xantusia) Kit. [dreaming~big] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wore mine at Leadman Bend last year. And at IMNZ the year before. And at Silverman the year before that. And IMC the year before that.... ;-)

We're around, just not as organized. I personally would love another top or two - mine's pretty shredded.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Kate,

I've been enjoying reading your blog posts about your Ironman Arizona journey. You should definitely rock your xantusia kit in Ocala. I still wear mine when I do shorter races, but don't like it as much for longer stuff.

It seems like the team has fallen by the way side, but a lot of the womens are still around. A few have migrated away from tri, but I think everyone still pops onto the forums from time to time.

Michelle

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still have my kit - did several races in it last year. Love it and would love to do another order of them if there is interest! Glad to see you're back!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I still have my top but ditched the shorts. My ass in blue is just not a good combo.

I'm pretty much retired from tris. I may do a du or two this year. Maybe I'll wear my top if I don't have too much muffin hanging out the bottom. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I lurk more than I post. Have been out of tri training for a few years. Trying to get back into shape. I'm on Day 3 of P90X (and I'm suffering, let me tell you).

Definitely wear your ST kit. I still love the design!
Quote Reply
Re: Womens ST (Xantusia) Kit. [Kristi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kristi wrote:
I still have my kit - did several races in it last year. Love it and would love to do another order of them if there is interest! Glad to see you're back!

I'd be interested. I would wear one if I had one!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still have mine. I have yet to race in it as I usually where my companies gear but I do train quite a bit in it. It has made several appearances at computrainer classes and whatnot.
Quote Reply
Re: Womens ST (Xantusia) Kit. [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still have mine but don't fit into it. Goal is to get back to where I can.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Womens ST (Xantusia) Kit. [katcycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm with katcycle - I wasn't around when the original was produced, but I'd rock a Slowtwitch Womens kit if another order was going in. Tops only might be the easiest since shorts are so finicky and critical for *ahem* personal comfort.

Emilio is still doing custom stuff through the Hidden Bay project..

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
For those of you who don't know what it looks like, I think I have a few pics of the top on my profile. The bottoms for me were always just extra shorts for the trainer, I only ever raced one OLY in them.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Womens ST (Xantusia) Kit. [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndyPants wrote:
For those of you who don't know what it looks like, I think I have a few pics of the top on my profile. The bottoms for me were always just extra shorts for the trainer, I only ever raced one OLY in them.

AP

After spending time this April with the womens in Xantusia I will definitely be wanting to wear the jersey! :-)))
Quote Reply
Re: Womens ST (Xantusia) Kit. [cjdavids] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am bumping all the Womens Team Xantusia kit threads -- I have a friend who just started a new and very cool tri clothing company and would love to combine support for him with a well-dressed Womens camp this year! Do we need a new design (does someone have the layout for the old design)?

Let me know the interest level and what sort of products you'd like ... I will start to put together some info on prices etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Womens ST (Xantusia) Kit. [Gee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, I am coming to this year's camp. (First one ever!). Figuring I will have such a good time :-) I will want to get gear - probably a bike jersey. Maybe a tri top.
Thanks! The ones I saw from previous years are cute...
Quote Reply