Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Yellek3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is a pic of my new ride! Very happy with the handling and fit of this Shiv Pro. I didnt know if I would like the robo shifting, but I think I am in love!

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Boski51] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Put on the Alden Designs chainring cover today.
Last edited by: jjabr: Apr 22, 13 7:26
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [jjabr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you like the crank cover. I am thinking of getting one as well.

---------
Specialized Shiv
Scott Addict
Niner Jet 9
Niner RLT
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [jmeitz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really like it. Reading the other thread it should save a few watts at least and looks cool as hell. Install was pretty easy and because it's only taped on, it's completely reversible. I can't tell it's there when I'm riding of course, but I think it's one of those things where you save a few watts with this, and some watts with latex tubes, and some watts with rerouting cables, and pretty soon you're making some decent gains.

I would definitely buy it over again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am currently building my SHIV Rival and I am pulling a few parts of my Fuji D6. I can either put my Profile Design CX3 carbon aero bar on the Shiv or use the aluminum specialized ones that come with it. The specialized bar seems to have more adjustments which i do not know if i need or not. Opinions?

---------
Specialized Shiv
Scott Addict
Niner Jet 9
Niner RLT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I Would use the Specialized bars. They are super adjustable and well thought out.

Team Every Man Jack

http://www.teamemj.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dmounts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here it is! tried without decals initially but finally decided to add the charcoal decals and like it better this way!!

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I think a lot of us are curious to have your comments about the results obtain by Inside Triathlon. Could you give us your "knowlegable" point of view on the following graph?

Thanks,
Fred

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [jjabr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for allowing the Alden Designs carbon cover to be placed on such a sharp looking bike. The new mounting system (industrial adhesive tape) really cleans up the look of the cover on the crankset. This Shiv looks like a very fast machine as you have it set up, thank you for sharing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is my new Large Specialized Shiv.

Sram 900tt shifters and brakes
Quarq 975
HED Jet 6/9
Sram Force RD and FD

---------
Specialized Shiv
Scott Addict
Niner Jet 9
Niner RLT
Last edited by: jmeitz: Mar 11, 13 19:14
Quote Reply
shiv bladder [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

"WHEW...I really regret that workout!"..............Noone
Quote Reply
Re: [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Long time slow twitch lurker but I wanted to post my S-Works Shiv for those interested. Im a Specialized Australia sponsored athlete and will be making the trip to the USA this year for 3-4 months of racing so if you see me around come say hello! This bike helped me to 2nd at Ironman 70.3 Yeppoon (bike course record), 3rd at Ironman 70.3 Canberra & 6th at Ironman 70.3 Asia Pacific Championships held in Auckland earlier this year.

Static shot

Race shot from Asia Pacific 70.3 Championships

Quick photo i posted on my twitter of my new bike for this season

Sam Betten
Aussie Professional Triathelte
Twitter: @SamBetten
Instagram @SamBetten
Blog: sambetten.blogspot.com
Last edited by: SamBetten: Mar 3, 13 22:55
Quote Reply
Re: [SamBetten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great setup Sam, great results too.
Best of luck over in the U.S. I'm in Oz, just followed you on twitter to keep posted on your progress.

Check out my journey from 132kg couch potato to a Triathlete at
http://www.obese2triathlete.com
http://www.facebook.com/obese2triathlete
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love my Shiv!! I am disapointed though, in the fuelselage. I have a small comp frame and was wondering if maybe the med/lg fuelselage bladder would fit in the small frame. I can only manage to get 13-15oz. in it at best. Ive tried many different things....plugging the end and blowing in it, I have even used an inspection camera to look down and see if its kinking. I believe that maybe the cable tubes are not allowing it to expand to normal capacity. So, I am contemplating trying the larger bladder....I would LOVE to get 23oz. into the fuelselage. Please give input...thanks.

"WHEW...I really regret that workout!"..............Noone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I buy a Shiv Tri module, is there any reason why I can't just swap all my parts from my current '09 S-Works Transition? Are there any compatiblity issues I need to know about? Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [jamlo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bottom bracket standard (although I think the module comes with a crankset). Other than that, should be fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Philosoraptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Don't both bikes use BB30 (or OSBB as I think Specialized calls it)?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [jamlo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shiv does. Not sure about the Transition.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Philosoraptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They use the same. {Edit] not sure. maybe transition uses BB24.
I have a SHIV in the mail and was planning to use my old transition BB, but I prob have to buy a new one.

-----------------------------------
Swim with swimmers, bike with cyclists, run with runners. Train with those who are hard to keep up with. Soon you will be hard to keep up with.
Last edited by: Tri297: Mar 6, 13 6:03
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Tri297] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, the problem is that some transitions were BB30, and others were not.

The 2009 S-works, was it appears, BB30:
http://www.specialized.com/...s/WEB_2009SWorks.pdf

The easiest way to really tell is if you have the Specialized brand crankset, that has only been made in BB30.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't like how my fuelselage hose falls of the aero bars whenever I hit a bump and dangles down by the tire. I'm thinking about replacing the magnent with a rare earth magnet and putting another halfway down the tube and connecting to a wire. Has anybody had any luck with this? Are rare earth magnets to strong and make it hard to get the hose?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [TexanTriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used a magnet part way down the hose to help hold it and keep the hose in place. You can kind of see it here below the arm rest, one tapped to the hose and one tapped to the very back of the aero bar:

This along with the original magnet holds it in place for all but the most severe bumps.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [fierceSun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

I am in the market to buy a Dash saddle and was wondering if the saddle rail clamps that come standard on the SHIV Pro will accept the rails for the Dash saddle. I am thinking that I will need the 7x9mm side-load clamps to safely secure this saddle to the bike but am not completely sure about it. And if so, is there somewhere that I can get these? Any help on this subject will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

So scared of breaking it that you won't let it bend.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [GingerAvenger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a pic of my Dash T7 on my 2012 Shiv Expert. Installed no problem and fits like a glove!

CC
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Yes, the 09 S-Works has a BB30.
Quote Reply

Prev Next