Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Resort in the Phoenix Area for vacation?
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

I want to take my wife to a resort over the Christmas holiday in the Phoenix area - Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, etc. We enjoy staying in an upscale place preferably one that has a spa in it as I want to give my wife a 'spa' day while we are there. We don't have other specific needs, this won't be a workout trip - just relaxing and some fun - during the Christmas holiday.

Thanks, John
Quote Reply
Re: Resort in the Phoenix Area for vacation? [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there's a Marriott resort hotel in Phoenix area i think. Also Sonoma AZ is sort of 'known' for resorts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stayed here: http://www.marriott.com/...pass-resort-and-spa/
over the Christmas holiday. There is an outdoor lap pool that will do, just outside of the spa. Access to trails are close, and it was just lovely.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My husband and I stayed at the Four Seasons in Troon North after IM AZ this year. It was an amazing experience!
http://www.fourseasons.com/scottsdale/

Kat Donatello
2015 Betty Designs Team
RD, The Pumpkinman Triathlon Festival
http://www.pumpkinmantriathlon.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Resort in the Phoenix Area for vacation? [giddy-up-n-go] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wonderful info, I appreciate it. Keep the recommendations coming please.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are so many...the Wigwam resort is beautiful and has an Elizabeth Arden Spa attatched to it as well as great restaurants on site and near by.
The Biltmore and the Phonecian are also great.
I live in the Phx area so I have only been to those resorts as a guest or for a dinner party/holiday party. We go to the Wigwam in summer for stuff like movie night and free concerts.
Quote Reply
Re: Resort in the Phoenix Area for vacation? [raz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4 Seasons is great, beautiful setting, fantastic rooms. Oh yes and the restaurant I work in is next door, come have a nice dinner with Italian wine and food by the fireplace at SASSI (sassi.biz).

don't just do something..... sit there
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Fairmont Princess is amazing. It has a gorgeous spa and several pools, one you can lie on a floaty in the water and watch a movie. Water slides for kids and 3 or 4 great restaurants. Located close to shopping etc. It's a 5 diamond and the staff are so nice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've stayed at the Phoenician and the Westin in Scottsdale.

The Westin is walking distance to the big mall (Needless Markup, Nordies, designer crap, and right in downtown Scottsdale. Many awesome restaurants to walk to. There is a Bliss day spa there. I did not go for anything though. The hotel has a huge dance club / pool party on the weekends. It is also about a half of a block from the canal path, a dirt path on which you can get your run on for a bazillon miles.

The Phoenician is about 3 miles from the mall / downtown. Great but small spa, did a weekend with my Mom and Sis there a few years ago, and had a few treatments. Good restaurant, the Sunday brunch sells out. The pool is the shizz. For chillin out, quiet with bar service. Running is easy along quiet streets. The hike up Camelback Mtn is right out the back door.

Scottsdale is a lengthy town, I prefer to stay closer to the south end than the north. There is a 50 meter outdoor pool off (miller?) if you want a good pool.

Ping me if you want restaurant recs. Lots of good eatin in Scottsdale (I go there about 4 times a year and we are looking to buy a condo there).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the Biltmore for being in town and close to mountain biking trails, but the Boulders in Carefree is my all time favorite spoil me wrotten place.
Quote Reply
Re: Resort in the Phoenix Area for vacation? [Purple1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh my..just checked this out online..beautiful....
Quote Reply
Re: Resort in the Phoenix Area for vacation? [Purple1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Purple1 wrote:
I like the Biltmore for being in town and close to mountain biking trails, but the Boulders in Carefree is my all time favorite spoil me wrotten place.

We just returned from a week at the Boulders. We stayed in one of the Pueblo Villas which is really a 3BDR house with kitchen, laundry room, etc. It was HUGE for me, my wife, and son. We had a GREAT time. My only caution is that these units are a bit dated and worn - we had a few issues that needed fixing including the hot water tank and washer. I think these we really just a function of the age of the units. Everything else was quite nice and the staff was incredibly helpful and my wife's spa day was truly wonderful. It is quite a drive from the main part of Scottsdale (it is in Carefree) but we managed and enjoyed seeing some of the old places we used to go when we lived there a decade ago. Thanks so much for the suggestion.
We plan to go back next year and might try another resort as we both prefer new hotels and amenities. The weather was fantastic - high 60s and sunny every day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We took a family trip to Scottsdale in November, stayed at one of the Westins. I think someone mentioned it already. Nice family resort, don't know if I'd want to stay there when it is just the two of us.

I would like to check out the Sanctuary resort, seems pretty luxurious: http://sanctuaryoncamelback1-px.trvlclick.com/index.html

Have a good trip.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Westin Keirland in Scottsdale is our favorite. Heading there Feb 25th...

Lifeguard: "Do you need help?" Me: "No, that's just my butterfly."
Quote Reply