Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I should be punished because I have had this over a year I am just not one for pictures

----------------------------------------

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I recently bought a Shiv Pro frameset and right now I´m searching for the right bar. I got the impression, that the Specialized aero bar adds a lot of stack but I just could figure out the precise numbers. Can anybody help?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Schulbub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tririg says: "And like the Speed Concept bar, this one has a lot of stack - 35mm at the lowest setting, so it's not ideal for athletes with very low positions."

This doc should help too: http://www.specialized.com/.../SHIVStack-Reach.pdf
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi! I own a shiv comp rival, and im planning on upgrading my stem with the specialized shiv stem and the seatpost with the 37.5mm setback, is this possible? is the seatpost and stem from the high end shiv compatible with my shiv? is specialized selling shiv seat post and stem individually? thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [zi3hsm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The seat post is compatible. The stem is not compatible with your bars. You will require the carbon bars to use the integrated aero stem.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Philosoraptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Philosoraptor wrote:
The seat post is compatible. The stem is not compatible with your bars. You will require the carbon bars to use the integrated aero stem.

Alright! Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [zi3hsm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a very good chance that if you contact a Specialized Concept Store they will have an offset seat post available.
I had to ask for the extra seat post for my wife's S-Works and I did not receive any of the left overs from the build kit.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [coxy_in_nz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want to buy the seatpost with greater offset too. Was told by the local Specialized store that they won't be available in Aus until June or July. Everyone locally is using theirs so I can't buy an unwanted one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
they are selling on ebay usa
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which hardcase would you guys recommend for a Shiv Pro size Large? (With the nosecone, if that matters....)

There are several bike cases to choose from on Amazon.

I'd probably either drive with it in the back, or I'd FedEx it to my destination. I won't let TSA touch it.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks a lot....this might be helpful.

Nevertheless I´m in search for alternatives. I´d like to put one of those new DI2 groups on the frame, so I want to tuck away as much of the annoying cables out of the wind. Is there a bar/stem combination, were one could actually put the front junction and the battery control inside the bar/stem. I´ve seen custom modifications from team HTC....
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any date on the Fuel Cell? It's almost race season and that is one accessory I'm looking forward to getting.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mallaire1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
July
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Yes,

I would very much like to see it when it comes out in July too. I’m not sure if I’m completely sold on it yet. I’m currently using an Xlab Stealth 200 on my Shiv. While I know it kills the purpose of having an internal bladder it does however give me more options while preparing for different tri distances. For example, I’ll be using this setup for San Juan 70.3 - 2 Prolong bottles in the rear, 1 BTA, and salt pills/solid nutrition in the bag. I did this because I’m still uncomfortable filling the bladder on the fly to be candid.

Also, does anyone know if you could purchase the Specialized Aero bar system with a 100mm stem included? I’ve been looking and it seems as though you could only purchase it with a 90mm stem. Am I right?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [strikerb52ml] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, my needs might be different than yours but for a 70.3, I run the fuelselage filled with Perform and 1 BTA bottle with Perform that I swap out on-course. BTA is primary nutrition/hydration and If for some reason I run low between aid stations, then I use the fuelselage. I stick a couple gels up my shorts leg or in the back pocket and that is all I have for "solid" food.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In a different thread I posted about converting a Spedfil bottle into a make shift FuelCel and someone else said they use the Bontrager Speed bottle for this. I think it's much cleaner and what I'll run in Cabo for my flat kit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RE Buying a seat post with a greater offset

I gather you are in Australia - have you tried Andrew at Cyclespeed? He did my wife's S-Works and I asked for, and received the post with the offset.
I did, however, have to ask for it.

I am guessing that their thinking would be something along the lines of having fitted the bike to my wife there was no need to give her all the left over bits.

I do know that Cycle City in Auckland have at least a couple of the older shiv posts lying around (not compatible with Shiv Tri) because I bought a saddle rail clamp to put an old saddle of the wife's offset seat post.

There IS a difference between the clamps used for the Shiv TT and Shiv Tri but they are swapable
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [coxy_in_nz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info. I'll send them an email.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Schulbub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are a number of places to hide the Di2 components. the easiest place to put the battery is the seatpost. I have mine in there. As far as the junction box goes mine is inside the BB shell in the frame. I suspect you are refering to the front connector when looking for a stem to hide it. Pretty sure it is not out yet but TriRig has a stem that would allow this.

JW

JW (on the comback trail)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice bike.

But I'm curious, did you drill holes in the top tube to mount the bento bag? Or are you using double sided tape or velcro?

Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They need to make a bento with holes in it to acommodate the fuselage straw...

Team Every Man Jack

http://www.teamemj.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dmounts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, the tube is so far forward that is really doesn't interfere at all with the Speedpack 483. Or am I missing something?

But what definitely can be an issue with the Shiv and a bento box is the bladder opening. And the Speedpack 483 is the only top tube pack that can partially mount over the bladder opening and still be removable and yet also be 100% secure (no slipping, no sliding) on the Shiv.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. I just used the screw that currently holds the black specialized top cap in place. Just get a small washer and avoid tightening it down too much. It stays put! I've been really happy with it. I've also ordered an extra top cap so that I could drill a hole through it and use a larger screw to hold it in place. However, I may not need to do so now.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dmounts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes that would be awesome. I'm currently working on converting one of my bento bags to accommodate the bladder opening and rubber cap. It shouldn't be too hard. Ill just need to drill a small hole to hold it in place with the screw all the while cutting a larger hole underneath the bento and gluing it to the underside of the bladder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry if this was already covered, but does the specialized aero stem work with other brands of aero bars or just the Specialized shiv ones?
Thanks!
Quote Reply

Prev Next