Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lance claims unfair treatment [pick6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pick6 wrote:
CensoredCyclist wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
he hasn't confessed. confessing is when you go under oath, and talk to the authorities, at their leisure and on their terms.

lance had a chat with a talk show host.

-mike

Check the dictionary defintion of confessing. ;)

No honestly he confessed to most of it - far more than people were expecting. He is being punished for that now.

The message is clear to others in the sport: keep your mouth shut. If you don't, every scam artist and hot shot cop will be looking to exploit you.

clearly not. Because others are coming forward at a pace of about 1-2 per week since Lance's USADA decision across the world. So to say people arent confessing isn't true. We've had 2 come forward in the last 48 hours. So I think what you're missing is that people are seeing what happened to Lance and saying "I do not want to get sued or go to jail, so I'm going to tell what I know". It's called a cautionary tale, and it's working. NADA's are finding people finally willing to talk.

Lance isnt being sued because he doped or because he confessed. he is being sued because he sued others for telling the truth.

I wouldn't say that is clear at all. Yes, a few people are coming forward, but the trouble Armstrong has found himself in since the confession will have put the frighteners on current big name stars. If they were on the fense about using the opportunity of TRC, this will have pushed them in one direction.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance claims unfair treatment [CensoredCyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CensoredCyclist wrote:
pick6 wrote:
CensoredCyclist wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
he hasn't confessed. confessing is when you go under oath, and talk to the authorities, at their leisure and on their terms.

-mike

No honestly he confessed to most of it - far more than people were expecting. He is being punished for that now.

The message is clear to others in the sport: keep your mouth shut. If you don't, every scam artist and hot shot cop will be looking to exploit you.

clearly not. Because others are coming forward at a pace of about 1-2 per week since Lance's USADA decision across the world. So to say people arent confessing isn't true. We've had 2 come forward in the last 48 hours. So I think what you're missing is that people are seeing what happened to Lance and saying "I do not want to get sued or go to jail, so I'm going to tell what I know". It's called a cautionary tale, and it's working. NADA's are finding people finally willing to talk.

Lance isnt being sued because he doped or because he confessed. he is being sued because he sued others for telling the truth.

I wouldn't say that is clear at all. Yes, a few people are coming forward, but the trouble Armstrong has found himself in since the confession will have put the frighteners on current big name stars. If they were on the fense about using the opportunity of TRC, this will have pushed them in one direction.

That's your opinion and it's not at all represented in the current facts. A few people? 1-2 per week since the USADA verdict is more than the entire last 2 years copping to doping. You can spin it any way you want but the truth is coming out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pick6 wrote:
CensoredCyclist wrote:
pick6 wrote:
CensoredCyclist wrote:
iron_mike wrote:

-mike

That's your opinion and it's not at all represented in the current facts. A few people? 1-2 per week since the USADA verdict is more than the entire last 2 years copping to doping. You can spin it any way you want but the truth is coming out.

There are a handful of people like Rasmussen who have nothing to lose so have used the opportunity of lance's confession to come out, but I think you're wrong to believe the current situation with lance since the interview has endeared top riders present or past, and the cycling establishment, to cooperate with TRC.
In Reply To:
Last edited by: CensoredCyclist: Feb 7, 13 16:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CensoredCyclist wrote:
pick6 wrote:
CensoredCyclist wrote:
pick6 wrote:
CensoredCyclist wrote:
iron_mike wrote:

-mike

There are a handful of people like Rasmussen who have nothing to lose so have used the opportunity of lance's confession to come out, but I think you're wrong to believe the current situation with lance since the interview will have endeared most top riders present or past, and the cycling establishment, to cooperate with TRC.
In Reply To:

Dekker, he's got a contract, and he knows names. Several of the australians, a couple of the ex team sky guys.

The riders Ive talked to, and the journalists in the industry I've talked to believe youre wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pick6 wrote:
CensoredCyclist wrote:
pick6 wrote:
CensoredCyclist wrote:
pick6 wrote:
CensoredCyclist wrote:
iron_mike wrote:

-mike

There are a handful of people like Rasmussen who have nothing to lose so have used the opportunity of lance's confession to come out, but I think you're wrong to believe the current situation with lance since the interview will have endeared most top riders present or past, and the cycling establishment, to cooperate with TRC.
In Reply To:

Dekker, he's got a contract, and he knows names. Several of the australians, a couple of the ex team sky guys.

The riders Ive talked to, and the journalists in the industry I've talked to believe youre wrong.

I didn't dispute that lance coming forward in itself was positive to other people coming out. Of course it was. But how he's been treated is a negative to this process. Ask people in the know - they say these lawsuits and media scapegoating aren't good for the TRC process.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CensoredCyclist wrote:
pick6 wrote:
CensoredCyclist wrote:
pick6 wrote:
CensoredCyclist wrote:
pick6 wrote:
CensoredCyclist wrote:
iron_mike wrote:

-mike

In Reply To:

I didn't dispute that lance coming forward in itself was positive to other people coming out. Of course it was. But how he's been treated is a negative to this process. Ask people in the know - they say these lawsuits and media scapegoating aren't good for the TRC process.

Pretty sure SCA and The Sunday Times don't give a rats about any TRC. They just want their money back that LA stole from them through deceit. Most other riders didn't sue publications and insurance companies so they don't need to worry so much about any legal ramifications of confessing now. LA has been treated as he deserves.
Last edited by: Kay Serrar: Feb 7, 13 18:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CensoredCyclist wrote:
pick6 wrote:
CensoredCyclist wrote:
pick6 wrote:
CensoredCyclist wrote:
pick6 wrote:
CensoredCyclist wrote:
iron_mike wrote:

-mike

In Reply To:

Ive asked plenty of people in the know, 99% off the guys dont have to worry about lawsuits, only Lance, because he sued people and won because he lied.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
USADA gave Lance a 2 week extension apparently.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lance claims unfair treatment [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BDoughtie wrote:
USADA gave Lance a 2 week extension apparently.

Yep, I read about that, Lance had been in talks with USADA.. It looks like he's going to cave to Tygart's demands. Rumor is fear of the criminal investigation getting ramped back up is pushing him to further cooperate. If this happens, this could be fantastic for the sport.

What is not awesome is some of the Change Cycling Now group thinking about suing Lance. Dopers suing dopers for doping. There's some bullshit in his books that a few ex dopers could sue him about, but other than that it's a bullshit move.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yawn, it's a dog eat dog world when you dope.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pick6 wrote:
Yep, I read about that, Lance had been in talks with USADA.. It looks like he's going to cave to Tygart's demands. Rumor is fear of the criminal investigation getting ramped back up is pushing him to further cooperate. If this happens, this could be fantastic for the sport.

The decision to make nice with USADA was probably made before the criminal investigations were made public. I do not see how he can give testimony to USADA with those continuing. I think the chance of him cooperating is now much slimmer.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance claims unfair treatment [AmaDablam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AmaDablam wrote:
pick6 wrote:

The decision to make nice with USADA was probably made before the criminal investigations were made public. I do not see how he can give testimony to USADA with those continuing. I think the chance of him cooperating is now much slimmer.

On the contrary, coming clean gives lance leverage. Or rather having fewer secrets gives prosecutors less leverage. Plus it puts him on the good PR front.
Quote Reply

Prev Next