Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Weekly how'd you do? Jan. 28 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beautiful picture !
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how'd you do? Jan. 28 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AP--worms? really? wow, what have you been swimming in?

Pretty good week for me. Made my run goal (20 miles); close on the bike (3.25 hours vs. 4); not so much on the swim. Swim goes at the bottom of the list, after legs and strength and stretch, and I've been neglecting it far too much given the 4.4 I've got coming up in June.

My overarching goal for the next couple of weeks is to get back into the pattern of doubles (am/pm workouts), with strength and stretching 6x week. The strength work (prescribed by my PT) is pretty basic but it the lack of recovery from them (just no way to fully recover except for my one day off) kicks my butt when I go to do the aerobics. It's amazing to me how a few minutes of leg lifts and curls (high reps, low weight) can turn my legs into lead. And I've got sore muscles that I didn't know existed from the core work.

Insurance denied the MRI on round one, approved the second time after yet another set of x-rays. I get the results tomorrow.

This weeks goals are: 20 miles run (6x); 3.5 hours bike; 9k swim (3x); 6x strength and stretch.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how'd you do? Jan. 28 Edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wooo whooo! No stress fracture. MRI images inflammation, but no stress fracture. Best guess of the sport doc is some sort of encapsulitis. So some painful PT ahead to mobilize the joint, but I can keep running and biking. Best news I've had in awhile.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a really bad bout (10 straight days of the uber liquid trots) in NZ after being in a thermal pool almost 20 months ago, so it could be related.

She gave me the raised eyebrow at the hernia and poop issues - along with a referral to a GI guy.
Oh and for bonus since I turned 40: full blood workup incl iron, cholesterol, etc and a (ugh) mammogram.

Wheee! Hope it ain't worms! :-)

Hope the MRI is helpful!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SUCH GOOD NEWS!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how'd you do? Jan. 28 Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have taken today off completely on account of being super tired for most of the week. Proud of self!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply

Prev Next