Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lance claims unfair treatment [TerramarMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, david, did a nice job of describing the cast of characters in this drama. Tygarts hyperfocus on LA reminds me of Captain Ahab's pursuit of Moby-Dick. It's not good for his health. IMHO.

Last edited by: TriBeer: Feb 1, 13 8:27
Quote Reply
Re: Lance claims unfair treatment [pick6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your last paragraph is dead on. And if it's only partial truth it is really no truth at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance claims unfair treatment [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well said-also, I've always wondered why she was in the room while a medical history was being taken and/or why she repeated confidential information/
Quote Reply
Re: Lance claims unfair treatment [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan you really seem to side with Lance on everything I read. I'm aware you "know him" so I can understand that.

I personally cannot see why anyone would have a problem with Lance getting the "death penalty." He's unquestionably been involved in one of the most sophisticated drug scandals in the history of sport, has taken millions that he didn't deserve (due to the cheating), and crushed lives of those in his way which is the worst in my opinion! I just don't get how ANYONE can possibly side with him on any issue...period.

That said....lol....a small part of me wouldn't mind seeing him compete in Kona...lol....but then again I know any sort of performance he puts forth is either drug enduced from the past or present or both!

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Re: Lance claims unfair treatment [cmscat50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
". . ."death penalty." (cmscat50)

Are you serious?

It's this type of rhetoric that distorts the issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance claims unfair treatment [Steve-oH!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a cold horrible human he is. He hurt so many people beyong his own lying about PEDs. And now he just wants sympathy and consideration to further his own selfish desires...

Lance just needs to go. Away. Now.

My body does rise up and says "I think we've done all we can for today." To which I reply, "No."
Quote Reply
Re: Lance claims unfair treatment [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You do realized that in the context of sports, death penalty does not mean the same as the judical definition, right?

What he is stating (i.e., death penalty) isn't rhetoric. It is the current reality for Lance (i.e., he is banned from the sport). Look up SMU to see what the death penalty involves when it comes to NCAA sports.

TriBeer wrote:
". . ."death penalty." (cmscat50)

Are you serious?

It's this type of rhetoric that distorts the issue.

Quote | Reply
Tribeer,

You are so amuzing. Now you cannot longer claim that Lance is innocent but you hang on to the witchhunt theme apparently - for how long?
Quote Reply
Re: Lance claims unfair treatment [frenchfried] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
frenchfried wrote:
Well said-also, I've always wondered why she was in the room while a medical history was being taken and/or why she repeated confidential information/
She was a friend of Lance's visiting him in his hospital room. When the doc came in they offered to leave but Lance said it was OK to stay. LA evidently didn't expect her to talk about his conversation with the doctor to others. She didn't feel the need to keep the contents of that conversation private.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance claims unfair treatment [gregf83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure she gave up the info in a deposition, so no real choice. Frankly I'm amazed a Dr any Dr would take a patirent history with a group of friends in the room.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gregf83 wrote:
frenchfried wrote:
She was a friend of Lance's visiting him in his hospital room. When the doc came in they offered to leave but Lance said it was OK to stay. LA evidently didn't expect her to talk about his conversation with the doctor to others. She didn't feel the need to keep the contents of that conversation private.

Actually, she spilled the beans while being deposed during the SCA hearings and if she hadn't tell the truth she would have committed perjury. So there you go, one more person who only spoke up when their back was against the wall...
Quote Reply
Re: Lance claims unfair treatment [vo3 max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vo3 max wrote:
gregf83 wrote:
frenchfried wrote:

Actually, she spilled the beans while being deposed during the SCA hearings and if she hadn't tell the truth she would have committed perjury. So there you go, one more person who only spoke up when their back was against the wall...
That appears to be a commonly held misbelief. Why do you think she was deposed? Do you think the prosecutors went on a fishing expedition and interviewed everyone who might have ever had a conversation with Lance and/or his doctor?

The reason she was required to testify in the trial was because much earlier she had talked about the private conversation to her friends and others and eventually that news became public, perhaps with the aid of David Walsh.

Apparently she was extremely anti-doping and wasn't happy that LA had been doping. I don't think she knew her hubby was doping at that time.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance claims unfair treatment [zoom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. I learned something new. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those were Lance's words not mine....that's why I used the quotation marks.

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Re: Lance claims unfair treatment [andreasjs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm truly concerned for Tygart. He does not look healthy and he comes across as a zealot. I wish he would tone it down a bit. He loses some of his credibility with the things he says and his actions. Like david's young daughter said, "he doesn't look nice ." Sorry, but she is right.

Tygart's goal is to clean up sports and not just go after one person.

Note: I'm glad I amuse you though. I do try. :)
Last edited by: TriBeer: Feb 1, 13 11:40
Quote Reply
Re: Lance claims unfair treatment [cmscat50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the explanation. I learn something everyday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gregf83 wrote:
frenchfried wrote:
More accurate could be, she cannot keep that little secret, especially after Lance had talked so openly about it.
She could have speculated and be concerned by Lance's cancer : might it be caused by his doping? And what about Frankie?

So we can imagine she has talked around her, with innocence. Later the boomerang came back for Betzy and Lance.

Difficult to keep a secret in that condition, that is Lance' s second mistake.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gregf83 wrote:
That appears to be a commonly held misbelief. Why do you think she was deposed? Do you think the prosecutors went on a fishing expedition and interviewed everyone who might have ever had a conversation with Lance and/or his doctor?

The reason she was required to testify in the trial was because much earlier she had talked about the private conversation to her friends and others and eventually that news became public, perhaps with the aid of David Walsh.

Apparently she was extremely anti-doping and wasn't happy that LA had been doping. I don't think she knew her hubby was doping at that time.

This is accurate. Frankie lied to her at the time. The minute they stepped out of the hospital room she said "If you're doing that shit the wedding is off" to Frankie, and he lied. He had for the past year plus, been fighting being part of the system but went along to that point because Lance had made it clear that guys who werent going along were getting canned.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance claims unfair treatment [pick6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He had for the past year plus, been fighting being part of the system but went along to that point because Lance had made it clear that guys who werent going along were getting canned. //

I don't think Lance deserves all the blame for Frankie dropping out of cycling. Lance had control over his team, there were 25 other teams out there to ride for. The real problem for Frankie was that in order to be good enough to ride on "any" team, he was going to have to most likely dope. It was the peleton that canned him really. IF he could have ridden clean and been good enough, he could have rode on another team. To put his whole career demise on Lance only seems a little harsh to me. Lance just sent the same message that every other team was sending out to each and every rider, either blatant or implied..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, but how many of those other pro teams are based in the US, i.e., within Tygart's bailiwick? So again, whoever was the 'bad cop' on Telekom, Rabo, Mapei, etc, isn't USADA's problem. Lance was That Guy on Postal (along w/ JB, who also was/is charged similarly to LA, not as a simple end-user like the other riders.) So, this whole "unfair witch hunt" meme is BS... LA was the Don, par for the course.
Quote Reply
Re: Lance claims unfair treatment [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, but how many of those other pro teams are based in the US, i.e., within Tygart's bailiwick?//

WHat does that have to do with whether Frakie could have gotten a job on any of the other teams? I'm not getting your point. Lance made sure he did not ride on his team, but it was a free market out there. IF he was good enough he could have gone to dozens of other teams, unless you think Lance controled all the teams? Now that would be some serious conspiracy shit...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
in a round about way I see Lance complaining as helping him a bit. The authorities that have stripped him from his titles and banning him from racing do so such that the individual is punished. So when he complains, he is admitting the punishment is working. So Lance is getting punished there is no doubt in my mind.

Another analogy I can think of why he should be banned for quite a few years is as follows. I have heard some people are put in prison not only to protect society but also to protect the criminal who some in society want to have a crack at. Now that the full story is coming out, I really think it will be in Lances best interests to withdraw from endurance for a number of years, because if he doesn't I predict he will get hounded in a more negative way than he is used to. If I was a current pro I wouldn't want to line up against him chasing the same prizes/rewards.

It appears he has profited more than any of his cycling teammates during a prolonged time of drug cheating, so that is one indicator he is a kingpin. Generally speaking if things are really bad the leader eventually has to 'fall on their sword'. I just hope that the worst offending administrators also get punished.

G.

http://www.TriathlonShots.com
Full event coverage of triathlon/ironman in photos.

Last edited by: triathlonshots: Feb 2, 13 1:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriBeer wrote:

Tygart's goal is to clean up sports and not just go after one person.

:)

Yes !

I'd really like to know what other cases Travis is working on now this one has come to its conclusion
Quote Reply
Re: Lance claims unfair treatment [Steve-oH!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Every Second Counts" LA statements relating to 2000 French criminal investigation:

p73 "Our team had 'zero tolerance' for any form of doping, we said. It sounded like the usual cliched statement, but we meant it. We were absolutely innocent."

p74 "When an athlete doped, the competitors, spectators, and journalists were defrauded."

p77 "It was hard not to feel I'd been singled out becuase I was successful and American."

p77 "Greg Lemond...suggested that I was one of the greatest 'frauds' in the history of cycling."

p81 "Anyone who thought I would go through four cycles of chemo just to risk my life by taking EPO was crazy."

Former FanBoy

Damn, that's a cold ass honkey.
Last edited by: Freelancer: Feb 3, 13 4:42
Quote Reply
Re: Lance claims unfair treatment [Freelancer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree. Lance knew what he was doing and he knew the damage he was causing. Probably he is incapable of stopping with his lies.
Quote Reply

Prev Next