Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How was your week - Jan. 21 [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, those challenges are a double edged sword. Good to you both for recognizing that it wasn't working for you.

Whoa--what a week it's been. The fact that I couldn't respond until now ought to be a sure sign of how busy it's been. I've got time now because I'm sitting on the train to work, which has been delayed by more than an hour due to a mechanical failure.

Ups and downs. Did well with increasing run volume total by two miles (up to 16 at an easy pace) then pulled my hammie Sunday clearing logs off my property. It's still not happy and my PT gave me a good scolding for that one.

I identifed a fit issue on the bike that was aggravating my hip injury, and was able to double my volume to 3 hours total with minal pain.

Got two swims in but won't be able to get to the pool this wek until tomorrow. I usually put swim at the bottom of the list, but I got into the Ches Bay 4.4 mile swim (early June) so I have to start building up the yards.

What else? Wetsuit repair place diplomatically told me the tape on the seams was coming off because the rubber was stretching more than the tape--ie, 15 pounds above race weight is too much!

And the sport doc ordered an MRI of my foot to rule out a stress fracture. Lowest slowest run volume in years, so go figure.

Goals for this week are 18 miles run, 4 hours bike, 2xswim, 3 each of strength and swim.

That's all the news. Looks like the train is moving. Take care women's, and have a good rest of the week.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Last edited by: Tri3: Jan 24, 13 5:30
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week - Jan. 21 [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you are overall doing well. Slow increases is the way to go. Good luck w/ the foot.
I'm impressed that you're going to swim that far. Swimming is my least favorite, and like you, the last workout I worry about.
Tell us all about it when you do it. I'll live vicariously through you.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week - Jan. 21 [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The slow increases are so hard. I've had to stop looking at my training log from last year--it's too demoralizing.

So I keep repeating two mantras:
--master where you are now, not where you want to be in the future
--you're in this for the long haul

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week - Jan. 21 [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
The slow increases are so hard. I've had to stop looking at my training log from last year--it's too demoralizing.

So I keep repeating two mantras:
--master where you are now, not where you want to be in the future
--you're in this for the long haul

I was just looking at my training log from last year the other day. I was 35 pounds heavier than I am now (still losing baby weight from #3, yeah, there was a lot of it) and I was running sooooo slowly. It made me smile to think about how much has changed--yet again--in the last year. I remember writing in that log last year at this time and feeling so, so depressed about where I was. I hated my body, hated how slow I was, hated how weak I was. Ooooh, it was bad. I had to keep reminding myself that I had been fit, and could get back to that.

I know the slow increases are hard, especially when you're dealing with injuries, but you will get there. You will :) Hugs.

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week - Jan. 21 [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not in 100/100 because it gets too competitive for me, but I like Big Kahuna and the swim challenges.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week - Jan. 21 [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, been so busy!

Sounds like there's lots of good and lots of challenges going on for the wimmens.... ditto here I suppose.

Last week: mostly a write off. OK, not great but OK.

This week: Aiming for 80-90k of running, at least 1 bike and 1 swim. registered for the Prairie Inn Harriers 50k in May and am 5th on the waitlist for the Chuck 50k in March. Looks like at least 2 more work trips before Comrades (El Paso/Juarez MX in late Feb/early Mar is pretty firm now). Boss chuckles but is supportive. :-)

Runs this week have been feel very good - even the hard hills, or the longer runs or the strides - it feels fluid, easy(ier), natural. Happy about that.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week - Jan. 21 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have to out myself on a FAIL yesterday.

Had a rough meeting Wednesday & did the same sprint workout in the pool twice in one day (KILLER for a distance kid). Then turned around and did a strength/power session with team yesterday morning involving another quick 1600yd speed session in the pool. I'm trashed from all the training, the stress of the meeting & then the horrible response I rec'd from boss when giving him the feedback ("I didn't ask about your feelings."). I'm giving myself credit for MAKING myself go to the gym & run (almost 5mi) on the treadmill to process through some of it.

The fail was purchasing the piece of cake on the way home & eating it. I'm not sure which did more good - the run or the cake.

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A piece of cake doesn't sound so bad. Hang in there!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, at least cake does not give you a hangover. ;-) Sounds like everyone else has been hard on you this week--so no need for you to do it to.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ouch (re boss). Work stress sucks balls. I often find I have "angry runs" when stressed at or about work. They end up being a bit shorter but waaaay harder/higher intensity as I throw my self at big hills really hard etc. Sometimes I yell and shout at the hills (or myself). I always feel much better after my angry runs. :-)

Sometimes cake is a good thing. :-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week - Jan. 21 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndyPants wrote:
Ouch (re boss). Work stress sucks balls. I often find I have "angry runs" when stressed at or about work. They end up being a bit shorter but waaaay harder/higher intensity as I throw my self at big hills really hard etc. Sometimes I yell and shout at the hills (or myself). I always feel much better after my angry runs. :-)

Sometimes cake is a good thing. :-)

AP

+1 to every single part of what AP said.

I applaud you for being a cake, and not a whiskey, girl.

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week - Jan. 21 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am going to try shouting at a hill. That sounds like way fun.

Quote Reply

Prev Next