Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Seeking entry level engineer/design/sales employment in Boulder, co
Quote | Reply
I studied mechanical engineering at The University of Vermont, where I picked up racing road bicycles. During my time there I developed from a novice to a nationally accredited athlete, culminating with winning the Collegiate Criterium National Championships my senior year. This success drove me to pursue road racing as the prime focus in my life, which has been both challenging and gratifying since my graduation.

I am now looking to take the next step in my life and further my skills, and have an interest in design engineering as well as any position to do with outdoor sports.

SUMMARY
Driven mechanical engineer. Passionate designer and cyclist. Possesses refined communication, problem solving, and conceptual skills, as well as extensive first-hand knowledge of racing bicycle equipment, and technical softgoods.

EXPERIENCE
Orucase

Design Engieer / Co-founder
July 2012 – Present (7 months)Burlington, VT

Designed, tested and constructed new softshell cycling case for travel. First-hand experience with textile assembly and methodology testing and refinement, including: nylon, foam, plastics, fasteners and a variety of construction and stitching techniques. Developed brand name and conducted research for market demand, applied this research to the design of the cases.

Champion Systems / Stan's NoTubes Cycling Team
Athlete
September 2011 – Present (1 year 5 months)New York, NY

Traveled and raced road bicycles around the country, tested and provided feedback on prototypes, and represented numerous sponsors including Champion System, Stan’s NoTubes, IRC Tires, and Sram. Finished top 5 in both Elite National Championships and the USACrits series.

http://www.champsysracing.org

The Montclair Bikery

Sales Associate
September 2010 – January 2012 (1 year 5 months)Montclair, NJ

Generated sales of high-end road and mountain to children's bikes, as well as services the shop offered. Placed, received and inventoried items through the use of B2B software. Performed all levels of repair work.

Tracey Associates

Research Assistant
January 2010 – January 2011 (1 year 1 month)

Researched and Compiled non-profit database of over 500 resources in over 70 different languages to help educate non-english speaking diabetes patients without access to sufficient healthcare for Novo Nordisk.

U.S. Olympic Luge Team

Technical Advisor
September 2008 – December 2009 (1 year 4 months)Burlington, VT

Senior project at The University of Vermont, Led small team in conjuction with Technical Director at Olympic Training Facility to design new equipment for The Olympics. Designed and manufactured custom parts as well as tested prototypes to improve aerodynamics, friction, ergonomics, and performance over current models.

University of Vermont
Technical School Projects
September 2008 – December 2009 (1 year 4 months)Burlington, VT
Effects of Rim Shape on Bicycle Wheel Aerodynamics
Physiological Factors Determining Optimal Cadence in Cycling
Float Zone Processing for Purification of Silicon Crystals

Last edited by: wicz: Feb 16, 13 11:28
Quote Reply