Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Timing of a Retul investment?
Quote | Reply
Would it be bad timing for an independent fit studio to invest in an Retul system at this point with regard to the "strategic investment from Specialized Bicycles" this September, i.e. should I wait and see what happens or pull the trigger not worrying about Specialized driving the system towards their own line of products?
Quote Reply
Re: Timing of a Retul investment? [Hoburgen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A strategic investment would be a dynamic bike not a static one like retul, this is why Cannondale went down this track with the purchase of Guru, you need to move the subject person in a dynamic way in order to find their most comfortable position with the most power output, mostly these two go hand in hand, you can waste a lot of time and effort with trial and error and still not find the individuals best position, remember time is money and a happy customer will come back and bring back more customers for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Timing of a Retul investment? [powerone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're comparing apples and oranges. The Guru behemoth is a dynamic fit bike. So is Retul Muve. But the Guru thing isn't a measuring system. Nor is Retul Muve. They are merely platforms. Only the combination of a platform and a measuring system (Retul, FIST, BG, etc) will yield objective fit coord results with the ability to instantaneously compare comfort and power output.

Brian Grasky
Grasky Endurance: World Championship Triathlon Coaching; Professional Training Camps
RETUL fitter, Biomechanist, USAT Level 3 Coach, USAC Level 2 Coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are there any more thoughts on this now that it's been a few months? I'm leaning toward the Muve but am concerned with investing too much with Specialized.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are interested in investing in Retul, please let me know. We are making changes to our fit business model and I will be selling the Retul system. Surely, the investment of a 2 year old Retul System versus a fit bike is of great difference. It's worth noting, that while both systems are only as good as the fitter, the Retul's advantage is that you're able to see what geometrical changes occur to body position at various threshold levels, thus you're able to get a better fit.
Quote Reply
Re: Timing of a Retul investment? [bicycleboy74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am interested in your retul System
Please send me price and general conditions
Do you also have a Muve fitting bike available?

imagecorp@yahoo.com
Quote Reply