Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Brett Sutton Article [adal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
adal wrote:
Hypocrites.

Just research, how many women (including minors) the American army raped all over the world and tried to cover it up afterwards (Vietnam, Bangkok, Okinawa). No American needs to take part in this absurd outcry about a "crime" that took place half a century ago in Australia.

Just research how old the third wife of Mohammed was. Just research, how the Catholic Church organized the covering up child rape for decades, all over the world and especially in America.

And you celebrate your army and respect those cults, because it is fashionable. But in an internet forum you do a pseudo morality show on someone who had sex with a legal minor some half century ago.

For sure, Sutton did something wrong at that time, got a penalty and served it. But if you don't welcome former offenders back into society, you need to kill them or imprison them forever in the first place. If Sutton should be banned from coaching, you take his way of making a living, right? So basically you should be consequent enough to demand a death penalty.

I met Mr. Sutton and I trust him, I don't trust a society that gives a gun to everyone but gets all nervous about the swimsuit edition of a magazine. If Sutton shot that girl, Americans would forgive him, maybe. It would be just murder or manslaughter and not ... huh ... sex.

Bravo. Some weird thought processes going on in this thread. Reminds me of a typical deep south/ST lunch mob as usual.

Incaceration and punishment seems to be the third passion in the US. Right after guns and religion.
Last edited by: avagoyamug: Jan 13, 13 4:50
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Sutton Article [TravisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

TravisT wrote:

Just to add to the already disturbing things this guy writes, he is a triathlon "coach" and has a daughter.

Indeed I am and I do Sherlock. And I would leave my daughter with Brett Sutton in a heart beat. He made a mistake and I know he would never do harm to her or any other girl again. I have 100% confidence in that.

I would not however want her under the influence or regular presence of someone like yourself.
Last edited by: avagoyamug: Jan 13, 13 5:53
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Sutton Article [avagoyamug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Incarceration seems to be the third passion in the US. Right after guns and religion."

Oh, get over yourself. I'm an atheist and have never so much as held a weapon, I just prefer keeping convicted child molesters out of positions of authority that may potentially bring them into contact with children.

Especially, when as per the admission of Jordan, someone defending Sutton, Sutton violated the terms of his suspension.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Sutton Article [Mad Jee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mad Jee wrote:
"Incarceration seems to be the third passion in the US. Right after guns and religion."

Oh, get over yourself. I'm an atheist and have never so much as held a weapon, I just prefer keeping convicted child molesters out of positions of authority that may potentially bring them into contact with children.

Especially, when as per the admission of Jordan, someone defending Sutton, Sutton violated the terms of his suspension.

Got over myself?? I was talking about the mentaility in the US nothing to do with me. It's an awesome country for sure but the obsession with religion, guns and punishment are not what make it awesome, they are what is bringing the country down.
Last edited by: avagoyamug: Jan 13, 13 5:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And I am saying your assumptions make you sound ignorant and foolish. I am none of the things you describe yet am still as much "anti-Sutton" as anyone on this thread.

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Sutton Article [Bok] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bok wrote:

Quote:

But this is why we don't put convicted child molesters in positions of power over children, even if they don't officially have direct supervision or contact. And even if Mr. Bok would not permit Sutton to cut a minor from the team with no valid reason, the 16 year old girl does not know that. Which is one reason that children are so vulnerable to manipulation and predation by those who have authority over them.

The only coach with “coaching authority” over our youth development and youth elite athletes, is the country coach. Brett Sutton does not need or desire any authority, as he simply would never want to make a decision over a development athletes as we are not about creating winners.

Quote:

Again, I'm not accusing Sutton of having done anything wrong with the minors in the TBB programs. But there are overwhelmingly clear reasons why he should have absolutely no power or authority over them.

Thank you for the little respect provided to Brett Sutton for having coached for more than 20 years after the dramatic mistakes he made and extensively discussed on this forum, without one repeat offence committed ever, while hundreds if not thousands of male and female athletes have been coached by Brett on a daily basis during that same period. ...

that healing can only take place when the victim is able to forgive, no matter how contradicting that might sound, the abuser, as otherwise the abuser will always retain a continued power over the victim.

The nightmares, pain and fear victims continue to experience in their lives, are totally understandable and must always be totally respected at all times, but as long as we empower the abuser with our anger, fear, pain and what ever other emotional state, then this abuser still influences the happiness and quality of our lives.

this message of yours is positively chilling.

i see a few things, here.

1) no, the reason that sutton shouldn't have authority over junior triathletes is not because of TBB's philosophy on athlete development. nor is it because he doesn't "need or desire authority." it's because he's a convicted paedophile.

the fact that TBB either ignores or does not appreciate this fact is mind-boggling.

2) taking the indignant tone ("thank you for showing so little respect for Brett Sutton. . .") here is more than just a bad choice, it's downright offensive. are you seriously trying to shame us into 'respecting' this man because he has an aptitude for making wealthy people into fast triathletes?

3) lastly, your apparent desire to tell Sutton's victim how to deal with her experiences is so wrong it's hard to know where to begin.

this all makes me wonder who the hell is driving the bus at TBB. how can you release such hamfisted statements on important matters? when you arrange a group of teenagers in their bathing suits for a team picture, how the hell can it not occur to someone to pull Sutton out of the picture? that should be a complete no-brainer.

this tone-deaf and, frankly, scary, approach has told me just about everything that i think i need to know about team TBB.

-mike

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Sutton Article [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2. I am completely dumbfounded at this man's justification of hiring a child molester. Because his wife was molested and wants to forgive someone? Oh Jesus holy Christ. Get the man away from those children. These rationalizations that it was a "mistake" and a "grave error" are hideous. It was a long series of conscious, deviant, depraved decisions on his part. How do you mistakenly fondle a child's private? Holy Jesus, wake up.
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Sutton Article [dreaming~big] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
listen, i can actually perfectly understand the decision to hire Sutton. he's one of the best high-performance tri coaches in history. but when the world's biggest triathlon website asks some reasonable questions about whether the man is working again with juniors, the only acceptable answer is something like:

"absolutely not. because of his history, we have an iron-clad policy that he's not in any way affiliated with our junior program. in the interests of transparency all our athletes and/or their guardians are informed of his past through our legal counsel. hope this clarifies things and i'd be happy to address any other questions."

instead we've had a reply - from the management of a team that aspires to take triathlon professionalization to the next level - that's not just amateurish but downright offensive.

-mike

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Sutton Article [ZingUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your point about an predator getting access is exactly why I have an issue with the stance this situation is showing. Just reading how often sutton is purposely put in place to come in direct contact with minors due to his coaching, is a bit weird. Read about the 30 kids he got to directly meet in brazil because the developing team coach wanted his help in developing that program. But I guess it's ok's because he isn't the "coach" of said program, it's always under someone else's umbrella. This isn't just a "oh there are kids at a party because the world is full of children", that was a situation that he got to be in the direct access of children in a Tri related venue because he is a coach.

I'm not even saying he's acting in any predatory like tendencies. But he's convicted of harming an minor and for you to justify it seemingly because the world is full of children and we can't ban him from all contact is troubling. When he is in an situation where others are willingly putting him in contact with minors/scholarly juniors, that is something that can be stopped.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Sutton Article [Mad Jee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mad Jee wrote:
And I am saying your assumptions make you sound ignorant and foolish. I am none of the things you describe yet am still as much "anti-Sutton" as anyone on this thread.

What are these assumptions that you speak of?

That guns, religion and a lynch-mob like mentality are more prominent in America than in other developed countries?

I would contend these are truisms not assumptions backed up by innumerable statistics.
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Sutton Article [dreaming~big] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dreaming~big wrote:
? Oh Jesus holy Christ. Get the man away from those children. These rationalizations that it was a "mistake" and a "grave error" are hideous. Holy Jesus, wake up.

See what I mean?
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Sutton Article [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is pretty much exactly what I find troubling. It's as if we aren't arguing/discussing does he or doesn't he come into contact with juniors, we are arguing over what defines "coaching". So teamtbb is saying because he doesn't directly coach the junior team athletes, that all other contact is kinda ok'd? Just seems weird that their own website promotes the great work sutton does with juniors and then will tell us that sutton isn't directly coaching the juniors. Ok, I actually believe he isn't holding a stop watch and out on bike rides with them. But why is he to given access to them in arenas that he shouldn't be (team photos, meeting new juniors that don't have other ways of access into the sport). It just kinda seems like the line of allowance seems to move around. Again, I'm not even trying to say he's trying to in any way take advantage of any situation he puts himself into. I'm just questioning why he's allowed to be in the situations that are described in by team tbb.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Sutton Article [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BDoughtie wrote:
That is pretty much exactly what I find troubling. It's as if we aren't arguing/discussing does he or doesn't he come into contact with juniors, we are arguing over what defines "coaching". So teamtbb is saying because he doesn't directly coach the junior team athletes, that all other contact is kinda ok'd? Just seems weird that their own website promotes the great work sutton does with juniors and then will tell us that sutton isn't directly coaching the juniors. Ok, I actually believe he isn't holding a stop watch and out on bike rides with them. But why is he to given access to them in arenas that he shouldn't be (team photos, meeting new juniors that don't have other ways of access into the sport). It just kinda seems like the line of allowance seems to move around. Again, I'm not even trying to say he's trying to in any way take advantage of any situation he puts himself into. I'm just questioning why he's allowed to be in the situations that are described in by team tbb.

Maybe because they know as I do that there is no risk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No offense but seeing how you have done nothing to identify yourself in the forum, whether you think he is a risk or not a risk, does it really mean much?

Now if you want to identify yourself and how you are relevant to this particular issue, then your view would atleast hold some validity. Until then not so much.

ETA: and my view means very little, but if we can have an discussion on the topic then if you are willing to say he isn't a risk without identifying how you can verify that, then it's really an non point.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
Last edited by: BDoughtie: Jan 13, 13 6:11
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Sutton Article [bcagle25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sutton threads. They just go on and on and on........

If you don't agree with him coaching in triathlon ignore him, then he might not get the media he currently gets. Simple.

Ill sit back now and watch this thread go on, and on, and on while nothing changes.................

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Sutton Article [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
earthling wrote:
Sutton threads. They just go on and on and on........

If you don't agree with him coaching in triathlon ignore him, then he might not get the media he currently gets. Simple.

Ill sit back now and watch this thread go on, and on, and on while nothing changes.................[/quote]

------

x2

Just like many other "hot topics" here..

----
Quote Reply
Re: Brett Sutton Article [adal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
adal wrote:
Hypocrites.

Just research, how many women (including minors) the American army raped all over the world and tried to cover it up afterwards (Vietnam, Bangkok, Okinawa). No American needs to take part in this absurd outcry about a "crime" that took place half a century ago in Australia.

Just research how old the third wife of Mohammed was. Just research, how the Catholic Church organized the covering up child rape for decades, all over the world and especially in America.

And you celebrate your army and respect those cults, because it is fashionable. But in an internet forum you do a pseudo morality show on someone who had sex with a legal minor some half century ago.

For sure, Sutton did something wrong at that time, got a penalty and served it. But if you don't welcome former offenders back into society, you need to kill them or imprison them forever in the first place. If Sutton should be banned from coaching, you take his way of making a living, right? So basically you should be consequent enough to demand a death penalty.

I met Mr. Sutton and I trust him, I don't trust a society that gives a gun to everyone but gets all nervous about the swimsuit edition of a magazine. If Sutton shot that girl, Americans would forgive him, maybe. It would be just murder or manslaughter and not ... huh ... sex.

There is so much bad logic in this post......what makes you think that those who are criticizing Sutton support or accept the crimes committed by our military? Can you please show posts where statements such as that have been made?

The case against Sutton coaching has been made by others, so I won't go through that again. For myself, other than minors, I don't care if Sutton coaches or not. But that doesn't mean that people have to use him as a coach. And if they do, it also doesn't mean that I can't hold an opinion on those people. There are many ways for Sutton to earn a living. he is entitled to the opportunity to make a living. he is NOT entitled to be a triathlon coach. "The world needs ditch diggers, too."

I also don't understand how anyone can say Sutton is not in a position of power and influence over minors. See the previous posted photo.....the picture exalts Sutton and there are minors in the picture. Do I really need to paint the picture of how even that instance can be turned into a situation where his influence, even if it is not direct, can be used against those minors?

B all accounts, Sutton has turned his life around and has never committed a similar act again. He should be applauded for that and I wish him nothing but the best in that regard. But that doesn't mean he should be anywhere near minors in any sort of a professional capacity....and that includes photo ops.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
avagoyamug wrote:

TravisT wrote:

Just to add to the already disturbing things this guy writes, he is a triathlon "coach" and has a daughter.

Indeed I am and I do Sherlock. And I would leave my daughter with Brett Sutton in a heart beat. He made a mistake and I know he would never do harm to her or any other girl again. I have 100% confidence in that.

I would not however want her under the influence or regular presence of someone like yourself.

I feel bad for your daughter that you would feel comfortable leaving her with some who is a convicted child molester and who's victim said the kind of things about him that she did. Well on your way to father of the year award there. Not really surprising given your general attitude towards right and wrong when you're the kind of guy who feels no qualms abusing a race official and cutting a penalty in a race when you can get away with it and boasting after. I'm am as anti-religious and gun as they come but some things are simply right or wrong. Your concept of which is obviously skewed.