Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Nice shit that guys say...
Quote | Reply
Cerveloguy suggested this thread, and I think it will serve as a good foil to the "dumb shit guys say" one. I'm at a loss at the moment, but I'm sure I'll think of something by morning;) I'm really willing to do anything to see more Womens posting! So, Womens...

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Re: Nice shit that guys say... [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sometimes you just can't put it into words. And you did throw my name out there, so maybe this will get me some brownie points: -)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-Xl17B-Z0A
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, I'll bite!

We talked about the stupid ways men would comment on our bodies being strong (legs like trees - I almost peed my pants!)....

My husband told me when we were dating that he loved my muscles - he said it was like an iron fist wrapped in a velvet glove. I loved it and thought it was a super cool image. I guess it is a boxing reference of some kind, but I still think it is cool.

He also told me last night that he admires my training regimen because of the dedication, motivation, and desire it takes.

Re: Nice shit that guys say... [tridana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tridana wrote:
Ok, I'll bite!

We talked about the stupid ways men would comment on our bodies being strong (legs like trees - I almost peed my pants!)....

My husband told me when we were dating that he loved my muscles - he said it was like an iron fist wrapped in a velvet glove. I loved it and thought it was a super cool image. I guess it is a boxing reference of some kind, but I still think it is cool.

He also told me last night that he admires my training regimen because of the dedication, motivation, and desire it takes.

You married well :) I love that description, great visual.

I think some of the Womens might be a little hesitant to post the good things because it might be hard to list these things without it seeming "braggy". I hope the Womens know that we are beyond that here in this forum, so please feel free to celebrate the good things that guys have said to you too. There are good ones;)

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As some of you know, I've been working on my pulls and pushes. I usually do this at a gym that has a fairly mixed-age group population. I work in a university town, and I swim at the university pool, but I usually avoid that weight room because I hate trying to lift around a bunch of college-aged meat heads. Over the break, however, it was pretty dead at the university gym, so I decided to lift there. There were still a bunch of meat heads in the weight room, but whatever, I had a workout to do.

There were five guys in the vicinity of the pull bar I used. They were doing their loud smack-talking to each other and what I like to call the "puffy bird" (you know, chest out, walking around, doing a lot of I'm a big tough guy, but not a whole lotta lifting). As I did my set they got dead quiet, and when I got done (I was only able to do 7 pulls that set) one said, "Wow" and another one said "That was awesome." That was pretty nice of them.

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a guy..... who I am sure will read this post, say what is now one of the best compliments I have ever received.

You have great shoulders and a sexy body. Swimmers shoulders and cyclist legs, you look good.
Quote Reply
Re: Nice shit that guys say... [FastCat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FastCat wrote:
I had a guy..... who I am sure will read this post, say what is now one of the best compliments I have ever received.

You have great shoulders and a sexy body. Swimmers shoulders and cyclist legs, you look good.

Because, hells-to-the-yes, that's a hot body! Oh, he's a good boy :)

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He is one great guy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Every morning, the front-desk security guy at work always greets me with a big smile and says, "You look nice today!"

I can be in the worse mood and he puts a smile on my face.

Hey! luckytotri, I appreciate your effort to get more Womens to post. May I also suggest that the Mens need to post a pic before contributing to this site. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Nice shit that guys say... [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBeer wrote:
Every morning, the front-desk security guy at work always greets me with a big smile and says, "You look nice today!"

Hey! luckytotri, I appreciate your effort to get more Womens to post. May I also suggest that the Mens need to post a pic before contributing to this site. ;)

A pic would be an excellent requirement!

I've seen a few new handles pop up lately, so it seems some of the Womens are posting more. It's nice. I kept watching the Womens, hoping there would be more posting, but sometimes there would be loooong stretches and nothing :/ It's winter Womens, you can't be training that hard yet ;)

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm so incredibly lucky (though he drives me INSANE regularly; it's not a far trip) that my guy complements me constantly. I'll keep my ears open tonight and tomorrow and try to remember some.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Years ago when I lived in the city I'd often see this older couple out walking together when I was running early in the morning. They looked about 80 and he always wore this captain's cap so my secret nickname for them was Captain and Tennille. One morning I ran by and heard the wife yell behind me, "Is she cute, he says!" It still makes me smile and is probably the nicest compliment I've gotten from a man. I don't get a lot of compliments ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your contributions are noticed and appreciated. Have a great night, Lady!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happened on a MTB ride with my husband - on a moderately techy section of trail, we met two guys. They got out of the way, but stopped to watch us ride through. Hubby made it look easy. After I also rode it (not as neatly) one of them said "Wow, that chick is badass - she just rode that rock thingy!"

Vale!
Tracy T
http://www.thelencoaching.com
Some light reading::: http://www.tracythelen.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
luckytotri wrote:
Cerveloguy suggested this thread, and I think it will serve as a good foil to the "dumb shit guys say" one. I'm at a loss at the moment, but I'm sure I'll think of something by morning;) I'm really willing to do anything to see more Womens posting! So, Womens...

A special friend of mine, who dug so deep for a 10-hour finish (and personal best) at IMC this year, told me a few weeks later that he got all emotional thinking of me that day, and how hard I was working as I finished the same race in 16:42. I'd argue that I was a slowpoke compared to the top AG'ers but he said he was so proud of me and that I worked harder than him that day. So sweet!
Quote Reply
Re: Nice shit that guys say... [cjdavids] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is a good man.

--------
Quote Reply
Re: Nice shit that guys say... [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBeer wrote:

My pics are in my profile which, by the way, I feel should be required (I know, kind of off topic).

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Nice shit that guys say... [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're Womens Approved! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can hardly remember what he said, but I think I fell in love with my guy as he heckled me in for the last 2km of a HIM this past summer. He was riding alongside me on his bike, I was desperately trying to pull it together for the last haul, and to this day he swears he had no idea how much I was struggling.

He also enjoys my winter weight as much as my end of season legs, so that's nice.

. . . . . . . . .
-julie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Text messaging has turned my husband into a little 'love note text' writer.
It's the nicest thing. If I had known I would have gotten us smarphones ages ago.
Quote Reply
Re: Nice shit that guys say... [taciturned] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He sounds great :)

--------
Quote Reply
Re: Nice shit that guys say... [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
determination wrote:
Text messaging has turned my husband into a little 'love note text' writer.
It's the nicest thing. If I had known I would have gotten us smarphones ages ago.

My husband is really good about that too. It took us a couple of years to figure out sexting, which I'm also a big fan of;)

Some guy, I can't remember who, said that he has his phone set up to send texts to his girlfriend automatically to keep her happy so he doesn't have to think about it, or something like that. That made me very sad for her :/

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to work out with a body builder and one day at the gym a few guys were teasing him about "working out with a chick". He turned around told them to STFU as I could squat more than them and I didn't moan about putting plates back. I laughed and every time I see some chicken leg guy peacocking around the gym, I think of this and laugh.

My husband always thanks me for cooking dinner. It's a small thing but nice to hear. More so as I hate cooking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My fiance makes me an egg sandwich with peanut butter every morning (try it - so good!). He wraps it up in foil and writes on it with a sharpee - it either says "Love you!" or "Love you beautiful!" with a smiley face and tongue sticking out.
Quote Reply
Re: Nice shit that guys say... [bluesugar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluesugar wrote:
My fiance makes me an egg sandwich with peanut butter every morning (try it - so good!). He wraps it up in foil and writes on it with a sharpee - it either says "Love you!" or "Love you beautiful!" with a smiley face and tongue sticking out.

That is sweet.
My husband and kids love the pb + egg. He makes a hardboiled egg, makes a mash with the pb + yolk and then serves it deviled egg style to them for breakfast. It makes me want to gag, but I've had a pb aversion since my first pregnancy :/

--------
Quote Reply

Prev Next