Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

menopause--what the hell? (maybe too much TMI for the guys)
Quote | Reply
OK, so what the hell? I haven't had a period since September, and before that, April. So guess what showed up today when I went to do my run? Not full blown, but spotting and cramping like it might be on the way.

So for the older womens, how long did you go through this months without, and then, "surprise!"?

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: menopause--what the hell? (maybe too much TMI for the guys) [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yup. add a daughter in menarche and anything goes. I went 4+ months, daughter got menarche, back to regular cycles (well, regular at every 2-3 weeks) and now nothing since mid November. So we'll see. I'm 52.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Re: menopause--what the hell? (maybe too much TMI for the guys) [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
struggling thru this at 48- also have lots of little mini hot flashes-then it goes away for a few months then back- last pd. was Aug before that Feb....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife is going through this:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/perimenopause/DS00554

Ian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Peri and early! I'm 41. Sporadic hot flashes, lately it's the night sweats. I'll have a couple of months of nothing, then bloating/pms symptoms and I may or may not get my period. From what I have read, perimenopause can last a couple of years. My mother went through this early as well.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, all I can say it's time to be done with. I have to admit that I like life without "the curse" and thought I was through with that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just had a period last week and it had been 7 months. I'm 52. I've had 3 episodes of hot flashes over the past 2 years that have lasted about 6 to 8 weeks. So, I'm still perimenopausal and 're-set' that one year counter again.
Quote Reply
Re: menopause--what the hell? (maybe too much TMI for the guys) [kimbie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah. This is my second reset on the counter.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I should have mentioned I've been having sporadic periods for almost 3 years. The 7 month stretch was the longest to date - up to that I'd get about a 2 or 3 month break. I feel okay otherwise but it is bothersome - I just have to make sure I'm carrying some 'products' with me at all times for those surprises.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Going to join in on the WTH club....ugh. Just stopped taking the pill in December because my doc wanted me to stop at age 50. Had one period right after that, then nothing since....and since I've been under external hormonal control forever, I just have no idea how my body is going to react. Sort of freaked out for a bit....menopause/perimenopause or....gasp..pregnant?! Thankfully, not the latter...but what are you womens doing for that? Are your husbands/boyfriends vasectomized? Do you use condoms or other methods? It would probably be rare to get pregnant with my hormone levels, but boy, I would hate to be that 50 year old that has an 'oops'!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Er, I've just joined the forum here so please bear with me - you'll also see that I am an unfit person so my experiences may be very different from yours.

I just answered a thread about a hysterectomy and my route to the operation was very light post-menopausal spotting and a discovery of polyps. Inwardly I knew that something wasn't right but I didn't want to face up to this. So it took me a while (several months) before I went to have a smear test when the polyps were found.

Please, ladies, if you've got any kind of post-menopausal bleeding, ask your doctor or nurse to get checked out - it may well be nothing, but, in my case, it was the start of womb cancer. Be womb-aware :)

Margaret
Quote Reply