Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tell me why you love your tri bag
Quote | Reply
Hey Womens,

Happy New Year!

I am in the market for a tri bag. Can you tell me why you like yours or don't like yours?

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me why you love your tri bag [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish I could help, my bag is so old it's probably considered 'vintage' on ebay. I got it maybe 1999-2000? It's a DeSoto.

I like the wetsuit mesh container and the key chain keeper.
Other than that it's super basic.

Main thing is it holds what I need it to.
Was thinking about getting a new one but I just keep putting it off because it's a 'want' and not a 'need'

I'll probably keep an eye out for info on this thread... :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love my DeSoto bag as well. It's probably 7 years old. It's a big bucket of a bag with backpack straps and minimal pockets. I don't like a lot of pockets because I forget what I put where. Less is more.

http://www.desotosport.com/product/TP6
Last edited by: QRgirl: Jan 2, 13 19:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Tyr bag that was cheap and has held up well with all of the abuse received. It also makes a great travel bag/carry-on. There is nothing that I do not like about it.

Quote | Reply
I hope you don't mind a male perspective......

I have a bag from Rocket Science Sports that the significant other got me as a gift and I LOVE it!

I do not know what model it is (or if they even make more than one) but you should at least check out what they have to offer.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me why you love your tri bag [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, I totally don't mind. I just generally try to avoid the douchiness of the main forum :) I guess I kinda thought the Womens would be all over this, as we tend to know what we like, why we like it, and can articulate the reasons. But, eh, what do I know...

Actually, I'm bummed the Womens don't post more, so I've started a crusade to try to change that.

But I digress. Would you be so kind as to tell me why you love your bag? Love the brand name, btw; it has that going for it.

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bag is a backpack style but it has a handle so you could carry more like a duffel bag if you like.

The outside: it has an expandable pocket for your helmet. It is big enough that I can even put my aero helmet in it (Lazer Tardiz). Also, there is a pocket for small stuff like gels or chapstick. I actually use this pocker for travel size shampoo, soap and deodorant because one of the venues I race at 3 times per year has showers available after the events. And on each side, there is an expandable pocket made for water bottles, but you can zipper them closed if you are not using them.

The inside: When you unzip the bag and open it flat, one side has two pockets (1 for bike shoes. 1 for running shoes). The other side has basically three layers. There is a removable wet clothes/wetsuit bag that snaps in/snaps out. And the other two layers I use for race clothes&towel and after race dry clothes. There is a sewn in hard case to protect sunglasses and there is a snap in/snap out pocket just the right size for a cell phone or ipod.

The bag also has a "secret" pocket perfect for keys, money, credit cards, drivers license, USAT card etc, but I won't give any other details than that.

ETA: It's called the "Rocket Bag". Hope this link works:

http://www.rocketsciencesports.com/.../rocket-bag-607.html

Also, I just noticed it is identified as a women's bag. I don't know why it is identified that way, but I still love it.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Last edited by: japarker24: Jan 5, 13 14:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For my first two years I used a $9.99 backpack from Target (called "Embark" I think). It had a stretchy thing on front that could hold my (non-aero) helmet, and enough room inside to hold everything inside except for my wetsuit.

Hubby gave me a Rocket Science Sports Mary Jane bag and I've used that since. It can hold an aero helmet on the outside, plus stretchy pockets for shoes or water bottles, has good inside pockets for keys, glasses, etc. and has a detachable, expandable compartment specifically for a wetsuit or other wet gear.

Has way more cargo room than I need, but it is particularly useful for packing and carrying on board race equipment if I'm flying somewhere for a race.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Blue Seventy transition bag. I like it because it's really big and it also has a separate compartment for your wetsuit. Fits in everything I need for an Ironman. It is a large backpack style so it is easy to put on your back and ride to transition.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Frosty Junction bag that I LOVE

I have used many dedicated 'tri' and 'non-tri' bags in the past (zoot, gearmax, the IM ones, and also random duffels/backpacks), and have never had a bag that was absolutely perfect until my Frosty Junction!!!

I use my Frosty Junction control tower 2.0 bag for racing and everyday use.

lots of compartments, mesh areas for wet pool gear/sweaty clothes, expandable areas, and nice accessible pockets for things you want get at readily. BUT not too many compartments that things get crazy lost. There are also separate removable bags that fit within the main compartment that will keep things super organized by sport or clean/dirty, etc. Also has 4 water bottle pockets which is awesome when going to races, etc.

The main compartment is more than ample to hold all gear, and I'm a chronic overpacker. :) However, I have not had any problem putting the bag into the overhead bin on most airplanes and most lockers at gyms, etc. Also a great fit to be able to strap on and bike or take my Vespa to workouts/track/pool.

Best of all, they are truly beautiful bags in custom colors, and they are hand made by ST's very own FrostyJ !!!

check 'em out: http://www.frostyjunction.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tell me why you love your tri bag [toothpick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to everyone that posted their tri-bag info! I think I would be happy with any of those, but I'm going to go with the Frosty J. Love the idea of supporting a 1 man business. Custom colors are a little hard to resist too :)

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome! You won't me disappointed. Let me know what colors you pick!! :)
Quote Reply