Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mallaire1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OSBB referes to OverSized Bottom Bracket (BB30).

The fuelcell is not yet avilable, you'll have to check back on that early spring.

-Matty
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MattyElmore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i've seen a couple fuelcells sell on ebay... check there if you cannot wait.

EDIT: sorry i was talking about the bladder. my bad.
Last edited by: odin99: Dec 19, 12 10:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OSBB is specialized's take on BB30.
Fuel Cell isn't out yet. Only been used by sponsored pros.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Philosoraptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check out the Shiv sitting on the "Flo's"
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [robb1414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent! Shiv Comp on Flos has to be one of the best ways of getting a fast setup without spending a fortune.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Medium or Large Shiv?
Previous Ride = Felt B2 size 56 (Used hand-me down)Too long & low for me as I had to ride with the stem almost straight up to get preferred positionAfter a fitting session, some trial & error, and lots of training, I feel like my position is dialed inHeight: 180cm (Just under 5" 11")Preferred Pad Stack: BB to top of pads = 660mmPreferred Pad Reach: BB to center of pads = 485-490mmSaddle height = 780 - 785mm (BB to top of saddle along seat post)Based on the online fit chart, I am borderline between a Medium and a Large for a Shiv. Either size looks like it could work
LBS says "Flip a coin - you won't be able to tell a difference"
Any tips from Shiv owners on which size to choose?What are the advantages or disadvantages of having a bigger frame?Thanks in advance for any help.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by NYCTri [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Philosoraptor wrote:
Excellent! Shiv Comp on Flos has to be one of the best ways of getting a fast setup without spending a fortune.

No doubt about it - state of the art price/performance ratio - genius choice
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Build is almost complete! I'm thinking Lime Green sticker colorway. :)

Team Every Man Jack

http://www.teamemj.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dmounts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Guys wondering if you can help, im looking at buying a 2012 Shiv Pro second hand and needed some clarification regarding the seat posts: should 2 compleatly seperate seat posts with 2 different offsets be included with the bike when new, the man im buying it from only has the 37.5 mm offset, is the 12.5mm offset built into the same post and i just have to move the bolts about or are they 2 compleatly seperate posts as im not getting a lot of help from Specialized either?! I need the 12.5mm to achieve my fit so its quite important, otherwise i will buy a new lower spec 2013 comp

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [chrispee44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are two different posts. You could possibly try to source just a 12.5mm post and still get the Pro.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [chrispee44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two separate seat posts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just peeled the decals of my bike tonight. Same frame too. I'll post pics later. I was thinking you would be able to see more of the carbon on this based on the Tririg article but mine is surprising more glossy than I expected. I have a Flo 60/90 combo with red stickers (not stealth red) and went with a white seat and white tape on the horns and red tape in the aero bars. My stem is also white so it's a nice mix of black, white and red. My wife wants me to put the stickers on but I'm going to sit tight for now. I cant wait to spin her up tomorrow!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I have a part of me that wants to leave the bike stealth but I think a custom colorway will be cool and if i ever change my mind the stickers will come off easily.

D

Team Every Man Jack

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [qwerty7000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
qwerty7000 wrote:
Medium or Large Shiv?
Previous Ride = Felt B2 size 56 (Used hand-me down)Too long & low for me as I had to ride with the stem almost straight up to get preferred positionAfter a fitting session, some trial & error, and lots of training, I feel like my position is dialed inHeight: 180cm (Just under 5" 11")Preferred Pad Stack: BB to top of pads = 660mmPreferred Pad Reach: BB to center of pads = 485-490mmSaddle height = 780 - 785mm (BB to top of saddle along seat post)Based on the online fit chart, I am borderline between a Medium and a Large for a Shiv. Either size looks like it could work
LBS says "Flip a coin - you won't be able to tell a difference"
Any tips from Shiv owners on which size to choose?What are the advantages or disadvantages of having a bigger frame?Thanks in advance for any help.

I would go medium. I used to ride a Felt B2 Pro size 54, and I ride a medium shiv. I could probably even fit on a small. A large would be too big for me.

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is my new ride. 2013 Shiv Pro, size medium, stealth black, new Quarq and Flo 60/90 wheels.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice. But get rid of the red bar tape on the extensions and use white with red electrical tape to secure it. That will match the rest of the bike much better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah...my Transition was red/white when I ordered my Flo's. I wanted a bit more red to tie it all in but I agree it seems off. All white with red electrical would be tight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dmounts wrote:
Build is almost complete! I'm thinking Lime Green sticker colorway. :)

Did you need any cups or washers for the SRAM quarq?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crap pic but it's the only one I have of it in the sun.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't believe how fast this bike and wheel combo is. Much faster than my Transition!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [windRider666] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure what you are asking? For the Shiv?

Team Every Man Jack

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pumped to see all the Shiv pics -- beautiful bikes, everyone. Happy Holidays from Specialized!

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Specialized Bicycle Components
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did the SRAM red Quarq fit without any shims or spacers to the Shiv frame? Some specialized frames have a short BB shell width (62mm vs the more common 68mm) and shims need to be added if you aren't using a Specialized crank.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dont know the specifics because my LBS did the install and I brought my cranks over from my Transition but they did say something about adding a spacer of shim kind to the non-drive side arm.
Quote Reply

Prev Next