Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

what multi vitamin?
Quote | Reply
what multivitamin do you take. My diet last week was crap (lots and lots of fast food) and while I usually try to eat right, and am usually successful in it, the circumstances of last week meant I was running low on sleep and wasn't willing to go even lower to fix food, and for some reason my freezer crapped out so I lost all my previously prepared things I could have grabbed. So while going through every supplement I have last night in an effort to combat the start of a cold or something, I realized that I don't take a multivitamin, and last week it probably would have helped balance out my nutrients.

Just wondering what some of the best for women are. It's still not something that I will take every day, but if I ever run into a week like last week I tend to dose up on supplements like crazy just in case, and will throw a multi-v in the mix too.

Quote Reply
Re: what multi vitamin? [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I take a children's chewable multivitamin (e.g. Flintstones, or its store-brand equivalent).

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I take whatever I buy at Costco.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't take a multi-vit regularly but a sports nutritionist I once saw recommended Rainbow Light Women's One Food-Based Multivitamin. But I have also taken the whole foods brand multi-vit and a children's chewable (I really like the way these taste).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shaklee.

Go on their site and read some of the material. I'm convinced they are certainly one of the better companies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I take USANA's Essentials, CoQ10, & Vit D, guaranteed purity & content. If you are an elite athlete, you can apply for their insurance program in which they will offer you $1m towards a defense fund if you test positive. Their products are clean. (I don't recommend their food supplements or their personal care items since I like gluten free and more chemical free.)

They add alpha lipoic acid to the multi-vitamin, which I use to judge of all multi-vitamins. If a vitamin does not have it, then I consider that they haven't done their research. Alpha lipoic acid regenerates the other anti-oxidants once they have donated their electron to neutralize a free radical. So it recharges the anti-oxidants, otherwise they become 'weak free radicals'--this is why mega doses are not generally recommended. Not because it doesn't work on high free radical production. A lot of people praise "whole food" vitamins, but the reality is that we have to convert it anyway into the chemical format in order to use them. Whole foods are best, but for vitamins, I want them to WORK--whole food vitamins end up coming up way short in the end.

Weigh out your stress levels in life, add training, the toxic world, your capacity to digest and assimilate, and then compare that to your adherence to a stellar diet. Most (all) of us can't eat enough veggies etc. to keep up.
Last edited by: LoriT: Dec 12, 12 21:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And for colds I swear by Gaia brand Echinacea Supreme (triple blend), taken multiple times through the day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Centrum One-A-Day Chewable (for Adults) I like this one because it's the only chewable I've found with iron.

I've been fighting a cold for a few days and am taking Airborne chewables. Don't want to jinx myself but they seem to be working, I think.
Quote Reply
Re: what multi vitamin? [Elsa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
None.
Quote Reply
Re: what multi vitamin? [mmrocker13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 on Flinstones!
I also take Twin Lab's Tri-Boron Plus - it's a calcium, vit. D., boron, etc. supplement - lots of stuff for bones.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply