Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [Design Cycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm assuming you'll also be modifying the handlebar mounts to also work with the 310XT? As soon as you do, I'll get both an aerobar and a handlebar mount!

http://raceyourself.ph/
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [SkippyKitten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had my race ware TT mount snap during a race last weekend. I had my standard mount snap which was replaced by race ware with a more sturdy design. My opinion is the material fatigues and cracks over time. I am switching them both to something metal. Its just not a durable product.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [PaintIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PaintIt wrote:
My stem is 110mm and my friend has his on a 140mm stem so I think either way works. you can just make out my friends mount in this picture.

Nice bike... What saddle is that??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the flip loc aero mount, and it works great. I was wondering if anyone has mounted it up at the end of the aero bars near the shifters. I was thinking about trying to peel back the bar tape and mount it at the end. In the aero position it might be nicer to have it at the end rather than between my elbow and wrists.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [Tillquist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tillquist wrote:

I love it. Were you able to do this with standard parts? Looks like a hex head screw and a long extender. Where did you get those?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [Frenchman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it's a long hew screw and a 9mm aluminum tubes.

I got it from my work.

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damn my oval stem with the bolts that face the wrong way !!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Adam Savage
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
for sale?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [cendres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an integrated handlebar like yours. How did you secure the mount to the bar underneath? Would you be able to share some pics or give explanation? Thx~!
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [vegasrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vegasrider wrote:
I have an integrated handlebar like yours. How did you secure the mount to the bar underneath? Would you be able to share some pics or give explanation? Thx~!

I simply mounted it using the two threaded holes on the underside of the PRO Stealth. Stealth EVO has the same mounts.

http://www.vengavelo.com
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been looking for a garmin mount for my integrated handlebar and I think your friend's mount made out of nylon might work great for me. Would you email me back so I can buy one? Chris: 5pmworker@gmail.com Thx!
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [cendres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Cendres! I was afraid you would say that because my handlebar doesn't have any pre-drilled threaded holes and I'm definitely not gonna drill into a carbon handlebar. Guess more searching for me :)
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SRAM's new offering. $20.

http://www.sram.com/...kview-computer-mount

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looks great, for half the price of all other mounts available at the moment!!

I bought barfly TT to mount on my easton attack (old model, one piece) and it doesn't fit...
:(
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [Crawdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello everyone. I wanted to spread the word about our Black Friday Sale. All FlipLoc mounts will be $25 with free shipping worldwide on November 23 from 12:00AM - 11:59PM EST (or until we run out). Enjoy the ride and spread the word!

www.designcycles.net
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just confirming both of yours work with the 800, I thought I remember reading about a weight issue or something.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice to see that SRAM is offering one at a much more reasonable price.

I was waiting for someone to bring one to the market at a lower price, but I recently tweaked my homemade mount to the point I think I will keep it a while as it seems to work with my overall setup a non-traditional torpedo mount location. I don't race so being absolutely aero is not as important to me as I wanted the Garmin located where I could see it good.

I thought I would provide links because the pictures are large if I add by URL.

Here is a close up for making an aerobar mount for really cheap. It is the version at the bottom on a piece of flat plastic.
http://www.thecyclingaddiction.blogspot.com/...-computer-mount.html

Here are a few pictures
http://www.thecyclingaddiction.blogspot.com/...est-refinements.html
Last edited by: Felt_Rider: Nov 21, 12 5:12
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [Felt_Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The SRAM does look nice but the computer doesn't sit flush with the stem top. I have a FlipLoc that I am pretty happy with that does. 2 slight niggles with the FlipLoc: 1) It still can slip if pushed accidentally despite torquing it down rather tight. Additional of "traction material" recommended on the bars or mount
2) The fit is very tight intitally. SLS uses a nylon material and it's very tough. Likewise, it doesn't flex like the stock Garmin mount when rotating in.

Overall, still happy with this choice in an every-widening set of choices to mount you Garmin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Design Cycles wrote:
Hello everyone. I wanted to spread the word about our Black Friday Sale. All FlipLoc mounts will be $25 with free shipping worldwide on November 23 from 12:00AM - 11:59PM EST (or until we run out). Enjoy the ride and spread the word!

www.designcycles.net[/quote]

I ordered one on black friday. Shipping was really fast. Product looks very nice. I will post pictures tonight when I mount it and my conclusions then.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [Jon h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like my Designcycles mount:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everyone have put together great looking Garmin mounts for both road and Tri-TT bikes,so it got me thinking about trying to create a design for my Trek Speed Concept to mount my new Edge 500 I just purchased. I am trying for as little frontal area as possible for the design as well as keeping it as low as possible above the aerobars. I am also looking at trying to minimize the rotation angle for clipping the computer to the mount, to help keep it low. Below are a couple of pictures of my concept, and yes it would be made from carbon fiber :o). Has anyone created a design like this does anyone know?, it might be easier just to buy it then to make a new design. Glen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PaintIt wrote:
Here are some shots of my custom Garmin 500 stem mount. Still need to paint it black but wanted to test it out before painting it. put the cumputer in a great position on the roadbike. A friend that works on race cars desined and built it for me after creating a few for his own bikes.

Post you custom garmin mounts

Here is one I designed for a Garmin 800. It mounts over the top of the stem cap.

Spencer Beckett
CyclePlanner Solutions LLC
https://www.cycleplanner.com
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [sjbeckett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sjbeckett wrote:
Here is one I designed for a Garmin 800. It mounts over the top of the stem cap.

How stable is it.

It is the only place with o-rings

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tillquist wrote:
sjbeckett wrote:

How stable is it.

It is the only place with o-rings

It is very stable. No movement side to side. The bracket is form fitted to the cap. You can see 3D models and, later today, some pictures at the website below.

Spencer Beckett
CyclePlanner Solutions LLC
https://www.cycleplanner.com
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [gralden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did a very cheap version of what you are proposing and it does the trick for me. (just search for my name in this thread).

Just putting a 1" hole in the center was enough to keep the mount securely attached. It's very minimalist and easy to do. It might wear out over time, but for $10, I can make dozens of these things.

A carbon version would be cool, but one thing you'll have to account for is the width between extensions. At the moment, you have a design that will only properly fit your own bars:(.
Quote Reply

Prev Next