Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Your experience with Di2 and non-Shimano Chainrings?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have experience with Di2 and non-Shimano chainrings? If yes, which rings are you using and how's your front shifting? Are you running standard or compact rings (53/39 vs. 50/34)?

I'm moving to Di2 and evaluating my crank options. I have a BB30 bottom bracket and considering using a Quarq power meter. Therefore, I may choose not to run Shimano chainrings.
Quote Reply
Re: Your experience with Di2 and non-Shimano Chainrings? [415brian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have run Sram force ,Sram Red , FSA gossamer N10 rings. You shouldn't have a problem with any rings as long as the are chain compatible.
Quote Reply
Re: Your experience with Di2 and non-Shimano Chainrings? [415brian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
415brian wrote:
Does anyone have experience with Di2 and non-Shimano chainrings? If yes, which rings are you using and how's your front shifting? Are you running standard or compact rings (53/39 vs. 50/34)?

I'm moving to Di2 and evaluating my crank options. I have a BB30 bottom bracket and considering using a Quarq power meter. Therefore, I may choose not to run Shimano chainrings.

I have Di2
I have a Quarq S975 (50/34) so I assume it has non-Shimano chainrings ? Whatever quarq ships
I think I have a BB30 on a BMC TM01 ?

Works just fine. Any reason it shouldn't ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have Ultegra Di2 and a standard quarq. Have only done one ride with it but it's awesome!

I also have Ultegra Di2 with a compact SRAM red quarq waiting at the shop (need the TT shifters to come out). I'm assuming that will shift the same way...which is AMAZING!

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Di2 + Quarq with SRAM Red rings. Works great.

I will never have another TT bike without Di2.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
415brian wrote:

all rings will work, but the shimano 7900 (and 7800 a close second) rings are definitely a cut above. sram rings (esp non-SPR versions) are more flexy...noticeably so. the di2 fd is very powerful and can reveal some issues with more flexy rings.

on the other hand, if you haven't used 7800 or 7900, you won't notice what is missing.

(i've used 7800, 7900, sram force, sram red, sram red SPR, and several generations of specialized rings extensively with di2 & power meters, along with some other rings for a lesser amount of time.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DA Di2 with Rotor crank and Q-Rings (compact) with no issues. Ultegra Di2 with FSA crank and Q-Rings (compact) and again no issues.

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Srm bb30 canondale hollow grams with SRAM tt rings, 53-39. Works like a champ!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
di2 with sram quarq 50/34 rings, works perfectly!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
415brian wrote:

Used both Rotor round and FSA chainrings on a Rotor SRM with Ultegra Di2 without any issues.

I have a personality disorder, I don't drink coffee...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Using DI2 now with Q Rings Compact,
no issues so far, Has been 6 months
Quote Reply