Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMWIS VS IMLP [baxnelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmmm. Really?

I thought LP was about 7500 and IMMOO was under 5000, which isn't double but significantly more.

I'll admit that my numbers may not be completely accurate. They have changed the IMLP course since I last did it, taking out a hill on the old out and back. I don't know if they changed the IMMOO course since I did it in 2004.

Even if they were the same I think LP is tougher due to the last bike section which is always a grind and kills the legs right before the run.

I didn't find the IMMOO bike course all that tough.

The IMMOO run is fun (if it is possible to have fun on an IM run). There are a lot more people throughout the course which helps keep the pace up.
Quote Reply
Re: IMWIS VS IMLP [100dupont] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4 times IMWI, 2 times IMLP. IMLP has best swim, although the start is a bit tight. Water is clear and fresh. IMWI water can have algae, and always gives me sinus problems although swimming down the length of the convention center is pretty awesome (and spectator friendly). Both bike courses are pretty much big ring all the way, with IMWI having shorter and steeper hills, which we call rollers here in KS. IMLP has much less grade but the climbs are longer. As far as the run, IMWI has State Street which is a party unto itself, as well as folks and college students all along the run. IMLP has a lot of spectators from the run start to River Road (and back), but River Road can be very lonely if you're out there 13 hours. They are both great experiences, great courses, and great venues. IMLP gets the nod on scenery. My PR is at IMLP.

n=1
Quote Reply
Re: IMWIS VS IMLP [Kscycler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How quickly does imlp sellout? Is it minutes, hours or days?
Quote Reply
Re: IMWIS VS IMLP [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMLP is sold out now, and it took a lot longer this year to sell out. I think it took a day, but I suspect that is because of the additions of IMNYC (at the time) and Mont Tremblant. Both races draw from the same pool of usual IMLP competitors. Now that IMNYC is no longer, I would expect that IMLP will sell out much faster next year. In prior years IMLP sold in a matter of hours.
Quote Reply

Prev Next