Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

For the womens runners out there...
Quote | Reply
http://www.runnersworld.com/...4577-1-1X2-3,00.html

This story is just amazing! For anyone who doesnt look at runners world this one is worth a read.

Quote from the article:

"Yet even with that shifting tide–heck, Helen Reddy's "I Am Woman" topped the charts in 1972–the first question Nobile posed to Kuscsik provides a reminder of the times.

Nobile: "Long-distance running isn't the most womanly thing a woman can do; all that sweating and grunting, so why do you do it?"

Kuscsik: "Just the way you phrase the question shows your attitude. Who says it is not the most feminine thing a woman can do and who says sweating or grunting isn't feminine? I have yet to meet a female runner who grunts. Although a lot of men do. Running is neither masculine or feminine. It's just healthy...." "

Quote Reply
Re: For the womens runners out there... [jab2856] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have time to read this tonight but I will tomorrow. Thank you for sharing!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of my mother's friends, long since deceased, informed me when I was a little girl that women don't sweat. They "perspire."

Fifty years later, my daughter tells me that women don't perspire, they "shine."

All of that pc notwithstanding, I sweat.

~~ k
Quote Reply
Re: For the womens runners out there... [dreaming~big] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a sweaty hosebeast. I pass the "shiny" stage about 6 seconds from go. :D

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fantastic read. Thank you.

Interesting how some women boast about how "unfeminine" they are as runners; snot-rocketing, sweating, spitting, farting, possibly pooping yourself.

On the other hand, some women can't get enough of the hot pink pleated running skirts with self-proclaimed "hot runner chick" t-shirt on.

Back then, they just wanted to run. They didn't seem to worry too much about image; they just wanted to run.

I wish that sentiment was mainstream today.
Quote Reply
Re: For the womens runners out there... [npda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are women who can do their makeup and put cute ensembles together to race. More power to them. That's not me. I wear whatever is comfortable and find that makeup just runs into my eyes and stains my shoulder when I absent-mindedly wipe the sweat off my face. What I like about running is that it is so individualistic. We all can do it any way we like. We all run for different reasons. The important thing is that no one tell women (like they did my Mom) that a woman who runs is never going to find a husband or be able to have babies. So be feminine, or not. Wear skirts, or wear compression shorts. Wear a blasted tutu if you want. But run as much and as fast as you want to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for sharing! Enjoyed reading this!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great read!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was a great read!! thanks!

http://www.myendurancedream.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow! thanks for posting!
Quote Reply
Re: For the womens runners out there... [dreaming~big] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of my childhood books similarly stated "Horses sweat, men perspire, ladies GLOW" - I always loved that imagery :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply