Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if the 2012 modules are being offered at a discount? I have a 2012 regular shiv and wouldn't mind swapping my frame for the 2012 red sworks module if someone is clearing them out.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The caliper that comes on the Shiv is designed specifically to be side pull so if you want to change to a center pull setup you will need to change the caliper. TRP make one that is basically identical to the one on the Shiv but is center pull. It, or something very like it, is what was specced on Transitions. If you get yourself a caliper off a Transition all you will need to do is get a hanger/cable stop. The Transition used one as a headset spacer/top cap and these can be bought aftermarket easily enough.
Just look at the front brake on a Transition and you will get what I am trying to describe.

Edit: added pic.
Last edited by: Philosoraptor: Oct 24, 12 15:28
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [jjabr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey jjabr,

The Shiv's stock stem is smaller than most others.

I measured a few bikes around the office to double check and talked it over with Dr. AERO.

Most stems around the office were 4cm, the shiv aerostem is 2.5cm.

Hope that helps!
Last edited by: MattyElmore: Oct 24, 12 14:06
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [jjabr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jjabr,

If you can get enough adjustment out of the stack, then the more effective (aero) way would be to slam the stem and use the stack to get where you need.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My new rig is ready to go. Most of it was pieced together from some of the fellow ST'ers out there.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Redspringer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hot bike but I don't like the mess behind the saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Philosoraptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. For races I'll ditch the 3-ring circus and go with a single bottle behind the saddle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go to Tririg and check out the new TT stem. There are also some of the cable hangers used on the Transition that add very little stack. Jordan Rapp had one if I remember correctly.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MattyElmore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matty-

So I went to hold up the decals to see what colors would look the best and noticed they don't line up- not even close. If I align the S the D on the decals ends 1" short of the D on the bike? The stickers are too short! Any advice?

D

Team Every Man Jack

http://www.teamemj.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Redspringer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Redspringer wrote:
Agreed. For races I'll ditch the 3-ring circus and go with a single bottle behind the saddle.

I just got a Shiv. I have left the gigantic xlab contraption from my old bike, off of the shiv. I have the bladder, and a single bottle on the down tube. Might do a single bottle on the bars, since I doubt I will use the bladder on all of my training rides. Anyway, where the heck do you guys/gals put tube/lever/Co2?? I don't want a cluttered look.....previously I stuffed it in the gigantic 2 bottle xlab contraption behind my seat.

Any suggestions appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tape the heavy CO2 cartridge(s) and inflator to a good spot on your saddle rails with electrical tape, under the saddle.

But your spare tube, tire irons, and nutrition? Well, while we can't claim to be totally objective, we suggest putting them in an aero top tube pack like this.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just picked up mine yesterday...

Quote Reply
Official Specialized Shiv Thread - Maintenance Suggestions [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Due to an unfortunate set of circumstances, I rode my Shiv down a very muddy track on its second
outing and, besides being pissed that it got muddy didn't think much about it until I discovered a
small SS ferrell in what was left of the build kit supplied with my bike and investigated where it
might belong.

It turns out it is an end stop that was supposed to be inserted in frame where the derailleur cable
passes around the bottom bracket, however, it didn't fit and was left with the other bits and pieces
that were left over. I then discovered that the hole through the frame was full of mud and had caused
the cable to start rusting.

Having attended to that I decided to then have a look at the rear brakes and tried, without success
to centre the pads. Upon dismantling I discovered that one spring was seized solid in the housing .

This is a very lightly used bike - perhaps 3-4 times but has been transported to at least one event
(London Tri) in the rain, washed down with a hose once and with a bucket and sponge twice but given
the corrosion experienced I thought I should mention it so others might keep an eye on these areas to
avoid problems

I took photos but cannot seem to upload them.

BTW if you are on a Road Bike, don't use TomTom set to bicycle routes to get you back to the car! ..at
least not in Britain
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Csstone495] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got the new wheels on and the cages installed, Ready for IMCOZ!!

Flickr:Csstone495
Twitter:Csstone495
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey NeverEnough,

Check this out! Will be coming out sometime soon! stay tuned for more!

http://www.tririg.com/...alized_Shiv_Fuelcell

Hope that helps!

-Matty
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MattyElmore wrote:
Hey NeverEnough,

Check this out! Will be coming out sometime soon! stay tuned for more!

http://www.tririg.com/...alized_Shiv_Fuelcell

Hope that helps!

-Matty

Looks great. Any idea when it will be available? Thoughts on price?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
very cool! This will be perfect. I am getting ready to pick up a 2012 SHIV Pro, I assume that this will fit 2012 frames in addition to the 2013's?

"slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [wareagledusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks....I saw that last night!! I want one.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [wareagledusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Release date and price are still being worked out, all I can say is the information will be out soon.

It will fit all Carbon level Shiv frames (excluding the Shiv TT).

Thanks all!

-Matty
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got the fit done... pretty stoaked about racing in 2013

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excited.. heres my new shiv.. havent even ridden it yet.. waiting to go home to ride it :)

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sup ya'll!

Does anyone have sizing experience for the Shiv TT version?

Coming off a Large Transition and I'm 5'11".

I'm thinking a Medium will work. However, I've heard others going to Smalls, which is hard for me to fathom.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember reading somewhere that you all would be coming out with some new aero bar hardware that could be used to reduce the stack on the basebar. Is this still the case and if so, any update on a release date?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Philosoraptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a good (aero) brake cabling set-up, sure beats the big cable noodle out to the side. I wonder why that wasn't the one they chose to offer on the new shiv tri?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [abj1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a shiv Tri, not TT, but I am a shade over 5'9" and have a 32" inseam. I chose to go with a M instead of S for reach. Could have gone S. I have a longer stem than standard on there too. I know I am slightly stretched for the ST preferred fit and am considering going back to the shorter stem, but this is comfortable for me. This pic was at Austin 70.3 and I felt great throughout the whole bike.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply

Prev Next