Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [GAIJIN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GAIJIN wrote:
Hi, I may have missed something, but can this be done on Shivs from 2012 as well? If not, why not?

I'd love to get creative without having to shell out for a new paint job. If the answer to this is yes, when and where can I buy decals?

If your stickers are underneath a clearcoat , you are SOL. If they are sitting on top, purchase whatever color stickers you want and have at it., following the procedures in the video linked above. A fingernail scraping against any part of the sticker is all you need to see if you can easily change the color of your graphics.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Mark,

I was looking at the graphs of the drag profiles for the TT Shivs. It seems to me that swapping the base/pursuit bar from the new Shiv TT onto my nosecone Shiv might save a watt or two. Am I correct in assuming that the drag figures for the nosecone Shiv were taken with the older upturned base bar and are there any issues with ordering and/or using the new bar on the old bike? Would you have any input on the savings for this swap?

P.S. Any data on the new Rapide wheels available?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know its a cold one inside.....I love it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New Shiv, just obtained yesterday.
Love the bike so far and it's fast as hell.

Any thoughts on the cables, i.e.; do I need them shortened or taped down somewhat or am I over thinking things?

Founder of THE TRIATHLON COLLECTIVE (Closed Facebook Group). A SBR discussion group without the white noise/trolling!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Fred D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had to post the new bike with her sister lol

Founder of THE TRIATHLON COLLECTIVE (Closed Facebook Group). A SBR discussion group without the white noise/trolling!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone help me out with a couple fuselodge questions:
Seems impossible to suck water out of. Why is so difficuflt to get water out of the bite? Something I'm missing here?
What is the clear angled piece with the magnet in it for?
How do you secure the top of the bag into the frame? It has a magnet under the black plastic but no magnat on the frame? Just a hole where a screw went?

I have a race tomorrow and just got this 2013 model. Anyone help? Mark?

Team Every Man Jack

http://www.teamemj.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dmounts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take a look here, http://vimeo.com/40046984
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [julcicc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

Team Every Man Jack

Quote Reply
Shiv Comp Aerobar Pivot Bolts Breaking [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is anyone else having problems on a Shiv comp with the aerobar pivot bolts breaking? I've had two of them snap on my since I picked mine up a couple months ago. I'm torquing them down to 110 in-lbs as spec'd, but second one unloaded today. Glad I have an Xlab BTA to hold it in place!
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv Comp Aerobar Pivot Bolts Breaking [fasth2o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello All, I'm new to ST, so I apologize for replying to a previous message. I couldn't figure out how to post a new message within this thread. In the process of gathering information for my first Shiv build. At this point, I'm considering a 2013 Shiv Comp with 2013 Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL wheels. Anybody have any information they could share, pictures etc? Thanks for the time. SD
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv Comp Aerobar Pivot Bolts Breaking [shawnyD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well the Mavics would not be my first choice. They are sort of old school. My choice from least to more expensive would be:
Flo, hed jet 5 express, maybe the new specialized carbon clinch, zipp or enve. All of these are better wheels in my opinion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any chance that these sticker kits will be available for 2012 models?
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv Comp Aerobar Pivot Bolts Breaking [shawnyD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hard to go wrong either Zipp 808 firecrest CC or any HED wheel. The Mavics are not good in my opinion and as previously mentioned, the new Roval clinchers from Spec look promising; however, they don't have anything deep enough yet for the rear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mark,

I purchased the shiv Pro my12. I am still trying to dial in the fit. Will spare spacers and/or the fit kit for the specialized aerobar be available for sale? I would like to avoid going back and forth to my local dealer to obtain a couple of spacers

Thanks for your time!
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Carlosh53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carlosh53 wrote:
Mark,

I purchased the shiv Pro my12. I am still trying to dial in the fit. Will spare spacers and/or the fit kit for the specialized aerobar be available for sale? I would like to avoid going back and forth to my local dealer to obtain a couple of spacers

Thanks for your time!
In Reply To:

You should have received these in several different sized when you bought the bike. I would be making a call to your dealer.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [uscfroadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
......final questions to resolve before purchase

Hi Mark,
I'm really torn between buying the 2013 S-works Triathlon Module and the 2013 Shiv Pro OSBB. My LBS is very inexperienced in tri bikes (MTB guys) so I hope you can help me decide by answering these questions. Many thanks in advance!!
For the 2013 S-Works Triathlon Module
1. Are the S-Works chainrings on the Triathlon module Crankset the same bolt pattern as shimano so i can replace them with an shimano compatible aftermarket product?
2. Can the hockey stick aerobars on the S-works tri module be easily replaced with the s-bend aerobars from the Shiv TT module?
For the Shiv Pro OSBB
1. are there any crankset/bottom brackets that will not fit or no adapters available for?
2. can the zipp or 3T aerobars be put on the Shiv Pro OSBB? Zipp has a disclaimer about not fitting bikes with shimano DA brakes??
3. are 2013 models able to be ordered nude, with a decal set.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [trimultisports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know when the frame mounted storage will be available to the public? And a price for it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mark,
How much does the Specialized aerobar alter the stack of the Shiv Pro frame? I see some of the Specialized athletes in Kona went with an aftermarket bar. I'm sure some of this was sponsorship related, but I saw/heard mention that Crowie's bike needed a lower bar to fit appropriately.
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [tmcg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all,
Does anyone know where you can purchase a decal set from? There's a video on the Specialized website how to apply them but no link to purchase them.
Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Clintred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clintred wrote:
Anyone know when the frame mounted storage will be available to the public? And a price for it?

Yes give it to us it looks awesome! http://www.tririg.com/...alized_Shiv_Fuelcell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, Mark

Are there any plans to develop a stem/aero bar system that will hide/integrate the Di2 control box and wires? I have seen some after market products that some of the professional cycling teams have created. If not, can you recommend or do you know of a machine shop that works on bikes that could do this modification without voiding the warranty on my Shiv?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Martin.ason] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Fuelcell is still going through some minor tweaks, in-order to get the Dr. Aero stamp of approval. The Fuelcell will launch sometime in the near future. Stay tuned for more!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [lograac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marks out working on aero, but i'll try my best to answer your questions. Plans for a stem/aero bar system to hide/integrate Di2 boxs are not underway. Any work of that sort voids the frame warranty. However there are professionals out there who work on frames that are not di2 ready. Not sure if they can do custom work though.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [bman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These decal sets are not avilable for purchase, they only come with our sticker bikes. Sorry!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MattyElmore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Matty:

I have a 13 pro. The sticker kit is quite impressive. Question- the stock decals seem to be under a clear coat. Are the provided stickers designed to go over the stock decals. I've seen the video but wasn't clear if the stickers being removed were original or put on after.

D

Team Every Man Jack

Quote Reply

Prev Next