Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Another Question Only [nedbraden] [ In reply to ]

Quote:
I think this became more about nailing LA then about stopping doping in all sport.

And I just realized who I was responding to....the guy who continually twists his words and logic to troll on the board. had I realized that earlier, I never would have responded.

Out.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams

Post deleted by cowardlydragon [ In reply to ]
Re: Another Question Only [cowardlydragon] [ In reply to ]

cowardlydragon wrote:
Power13 wrote:
nedbraden wrote:
I think this became more about nailing LA then about stopping doping in all sport. .

Can we please stop with this canard? Who ever said it was about "stopping doping in all sport"?

Link, please.

Wait, that's NOT the USADA / WADA mission?

So it's all about mostly letting drugs run rampant, but dropping the hammer just when you don't like someone or you need a flashy result to continue your funding?

Are you kidding me?

Where did I say that?

But feel free to read the rest of thread before you post next time....asked and answered ^^^.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams

nedbraden wrote:

I think LA doped, I think he deserved to get busted. I think this became more about nailing LA then about stopping doping in all sport. I think it has become very hyperbole based. I mean somehow a cyclist doping to win and encouraging his teammates is worse then doping women so much that they are almost men in order to dominate Olympics, worse then throwing a championship of a major sport, breaking hallowed records in major sports. Reading many posts here and other forums you would think LA invented modern doping and put a gun to the heads of most of the riders to make them dope. I think whistle blowers should get lighter sentences, but I think they should not get special privilege. They should have had these lighter bans started immediately, not after they retired or when the season was over so they would miss very little of the season. They should not have had previous doping bans ignored when giving this punishment. That part makes me realize that, when Landis talked about Tygart making it clear that he really just wanted to get Armstrong, Tygart had made this a personal vendetta.

LOLZ, House.

"They busted my hero. It's a vendetta!"

Have any evidence that this is personal for Tygart? You know, something other than delusions or laughable talking points from Armstrong's PR people?

Next up we'll hear how unfair it was that Capone went to prison because Elliot Ness had a vendetta against him.

Re: Another Question Only [AmaDablam] [ In reply to ]

AmaDablam wrote:
nedbraden wrote:

LOLZ, House.

Have any evidence that this is personal for Tygart? You know, something other than delusions or laughable talking points from Armstrong's PR people?

Next up we'll hear how unfair it was that Capone went to prison because Elliot Ness had a vendetta against him.

Good one.
Who in its right mind would stick up for a guy they don't even know?

And don't give me the crap that he is a "victim".

YOU are the victims.

Re: A Question Only [MKirk] [ In reply to ]

Quote:
Well since VdV was already working with Dr F on his own accord for a few years already.........I still don's see here that Lance pushed a clean rider into doping.
He just like I've been saying....assisted a doping rider rider into doing it better.

Still waiting for the example that people are saying that Lance is the root of all this evil. The evil was already there.

We can't read these documents for you. Lance brought this upon himself. It's one thing to dope and lie about it...Jan did it, Tyler, etc etc. Lance didn't stop there. Lance went after people who called him out. He ruined careers, he sued, he bribed, he threatened teammates and threatened those who were going to expose him. He actively pushed back on cleaning up the sport and he actively pushed for Motorola & Postal to institute a doping program and pushed for doctors that "didn't take your temperature every time you wanted something". He was part owner of a team that had a systematic doping program. Lance created an environment where doping was mandatory to be on the Tour team. On other teams riders had an option, not with Postal. Dope or GTFO.

Re: A Question Only [sketchfest] [ In reply to ]

Every post you have made has been on one subject. This is pretty much your life isn't it?

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]

TriBeer wrote:
Sorry I missed this question, but I object to the delayed witness testimonies noted in the Reasoned Decision document.

I'm sure they will respond to your objection in a court filing by the end of business day on Friday. ;~)

Re: A Question Only [MKirk] [ In reply to ]

MKirk wrote:
trail wrote:

>I don't read a single thing in Z's affidavit where he even slightly indicates Lance pushed him into taking PEDS..... It was all Johan >and the team doctors,

You're right about there being no direct mention of Armstrong by DZ. But you can't then conclude that "it was all Johan and the team doctors." There were other riders who fingered Armstrong. And the reason DZ is in there, is DZ's testimony corroborates the testimony of the other riders in other important details. The power of eyewitness testimony lies in this mutual re-enforcement. It would be nearly impossible to fabricate.

I don't disagree that Lance was probably the best doper on the team. What I am looking for is an answer that people and the media are saying that he was the ring leader that created this cycling doping problem. I'm saying that all the doping was already there and that EVERY SINGLE rider that provided testimony are just as much at fault or to blame as Lance. They were all doping either prior to Lance or started doping when on Lances team....but on their own with the assistance of Johan or Dr.F........ and without Lance "forcing" them to dope. I'm just looking for one example where Lance took a non-doping rider and either directly introduced them to taking PEDS or forced them.
Yes, Lance doped.....but all that is flying around is that he created the problem when the problem was already there.

Michael

You're the only one who keeps using the word "created"...nobody is alleging LA "created" doping in cycling. We all know it neither started nor ended with him, so spare us this fake scenario. How about "magnified" or "aggressively promoted" or "aggravated" or "amplified" or "exacerbated"; take your pick. Point is, he wasn't merely 'going with the flow' but actively directing traffic. He went to great lengths to make it worse, clearly to a greater extent than those WHO WORKED FOR HIM.

Let's flip it around for comparison... how absurd is it to surmise Floyd or Tyler, Levi or DZ, Tommy D or GH, or anyone else in Postal/Disco's crew could/would kick LA to the curb for not toeing the party line? "Um, hey Lance, I just talked to Ferrari and you really gotta get with the program. There's no half-assing it, bud. The rest of us are counting on you and no way we're gonna tolerate you pissing away all we've got riding on this year's Tour... Capiche?" As if. Wielding that sort of pressure only flowed in one direction, and it sure as shit wasn't from the support riders UP to the Boss. That's like blaming the hooker for the sins of the pimp.

Re: Another Question Only [Power13] [ In reply to ]

Power13 wrote:
cowardlydragon wrote:
Power13 wrote:
nedbraden wrote:
I think this became more about nailing LA then about stopping doping in all sport. .

Can we please stop with this canard? Who ever said it was about "stopping doping in all sport"?

Link, please.

Wait, that's NOT the USADA / WADA mission?

So it's all about mostly letting drugs run rampant, but dropping the hammer just when you don't like someone or you need a flashy result to continue your funding?

Are you kidding me?

Where did I say that?

But feel free to read the rest of thread before you post next time....asked and answered ^^^.

I deleted mine because four other people made the point.

At this point I have no idea what you tried to originally say, and I don't think you do either.

Re: Another Question Only [AmaDablam] [ In reply to ]

AmaDablam wrote:
nedbraden wrote:

I think LA doped, I think he deserved to get busted. I think this became more about nailing LA then about stopping doping in all sport. I think it has become very hyperbole based. I mean somehow a cyclist doping to win and encouraging his teammates is worse then doping women so much that they are almost men in order to dominate Olympics, worse then throwing a championship of a major sport, breaking hallowed records in major sports. Reading many posts here and other forums you would think LA invented modern doping and put a gun to the heads of most of the riders to make them dope. I think whistle blowers should get lighter sentences, but I think they should not get special privilege. They should have had these lighter bans started immediately, not after they retired or when the season was over so they would miss very little of the season. They should not have had previous doping bans ignored when giving this punishment. That part makes me realize that, when Landis talked about Tygart making it clear that he really just wanted to get Armstrong, Tygart had made this a personal vendetta.

LOLZ, House.

I thought about absolutely shredding your nonsense but then realized that you aren't here to discuss the topic, you are only here to insult anyone who does not agree with everything you say.

My only question is to wonder if you are a new name for Paulo or one of the morons from cyclingnews.

Have a great life Apartment.

http://www.google.com/...4e29b3e3fd247f4b8a8e

He is stepping down as chairman of his charity foundation....

"This organization, its mission and its supporters are incredibly dear to my heart," Armstrong said in a statement obtained by The Associated Press. "Today therefore, to spare the foundation any negative effects as a result of controversy surrounding my cycling career, I will conclude my chairmanship."

Re: Another Question Only [hsaulean] [ In reply to ]

I just saw that. I wonder it it's really a surprize, stepping aside that is.

Maybe he's just saying F' it..........

Re: Another Question Only [vibrolux] [ In reply to ]

and Nike terminated his contract...what's next?

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [mattreg3] [ In reply to ]

Lance has stepped down as Chairman of Livestrong

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...trong_n_1973097.html

Re: Another Question Only [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]

I first thought this link was a hoax because it falls so far outside the boundaries of what I expected from Nike. It is buried on their site, but I'm willing to bet this story gets picked up widely and very rapidly.

Andrew Moss

Re: A Question Only [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]

pattersonpaul wrote:
Every post you have made has been on one subject. This is pretty much your life isn't it?

Funny you say that, about 80% of your posts are that same topic. So, it seems to also be pretty much, your life.

Re: Another Question Only [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]

ClarkWGriz wrote:

If the UCI strips his TDF wins, I would say lawsuits, lawsuits, lawsuits.

I wouldn't be surprised if not only the insurance company sues to get its 5 mil back, but if there aren't some slander cases brought forth by the people who were ostracized by LA over the years of his denial.

- Cat 2
- Training Peaks ambassador

"A good coach will do more for you than a good set of wheels."

Re: Another Question Only [vibrolux] [ In reply to ]

Nah, it was a matter of time before the shit got too deep to wade through.

Dan Borochoff's quote from that article basically summed it all up.

"Individuals that admire and support an individual who is later found out to be severely tarnished, don't want to admit it, don't want to admit that they've been duped," Borochoff said. "People, though, do need to trust a charity to be able to support it."

Re: Another Question Only [shootthegap] [ In reply to ]

shootthegap wrote:
ClarkWGriz wrote:

If the UCI strips his TDF wins, I would say lawsuits, lawsuits, lawsuits.

I wouldn't be surprised if not only the insurance company sues to get its 5 mil back, but if there aren't some slander cases brought forth by the people who were ostracized by LA over the years of his denial.

House of cards crumbling. $500M organization built on a lie. I still say biggest sports fraud in history.

In time, the truth always finds it's way to the surface. More to come...

Re: Another Question Only [TxDude] [ In reply to ]

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
Buddha

Post deleted by PJPJ [ In reply to ]
What about Horner? [ In reply to ]

I'm puzzled by Horner. He was one of the 3 amigos with Lance and Levi doing the Gila. But, not with Lance during the TdF "win" years.

Maybe I just want to believe someone from that era was clean...anyone. But to make these statements after all that has gone down in the last few weeks, he is either honest (and both perhaps both blind and deaf) or stupid.

I am dubious about this statement:

Quote:
“Never seen it on the team. Never heard about it. Never seen it,” Horner told VeloNews Monday afternoon.

http://velonews.competitor.com/...ruyneel-teams_261673

Suffer Well.

Re: What about Horner? [jmh] [ In reply to ]

jmh wrote:
I'm puzzled by Horner. He was one of the 3 amigos with Lance and Levi doing the Gila. But, not with Lance during the TdF "win" years.

Maybe I just want to believe someone from that era was clean...anyone. But to make these statements after all that has gone down in the last few weeks, he is either honest (and both perhaps both blind and deaf) or stupid.

Quote:
“Never seen it on the team. Never heard about it. Never seen it,” Horner told VeloNews Monday afternoon.

I trust that he never had evidence that Lance was doping when he was on the team; by then Lance and Co were working with a much smaller circle, and Horner has never been on JB's inner circle. He had to beg to get on the tour team even after Andy was out and they really had no other option; JB made him go him go on the record supporting him and Lance.

Re: What about Horner? [jmh] [ In reply to ]

jmh wrote:

Quote:

Total crock of bs. When I lived in Cali years ago rumors were Horner was big time doper.

Prev Next