Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IMC Whistler - When do you predict it will sell out?
Quote | Reply
Looks like lots of people signed up for pre-registration based on the number of names on the drop-down list.

I predict a November sell out.
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Whistler - When do you predict it will sell out? [bmas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
November would be OK. I tried to get a handle on how quickly these things fill up by scouting around some other IM sites.

IM Melbourne 2013: sold out in "just over four minutes".

I suppose there may not be many to choose from down there, unless you're willing to travel thousands of miles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's the record for the fastest sellout?

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No sellout. Too much bleed off on Challenge Pentincton and migration to other races after they lost it.
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Whistler - When do you predict it will sell out? [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, you wonder if they've hit the saturation point with these. With IMMT and Challenge Penticton there are now 3 to choose from in Canada whereas last year there was one.

And with Lake Tahoe and other new ones, is it possible that Whistler won't sell out?
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Whistler - When do you predict it will sell out? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
No sellout. Too much bleed off on Challenge Pentincton and migration to other races after they lost it.

I predict you will be dead wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Whistler - When do you predict it will sell out? [lakerfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lakerfan wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

I predict you will be dead wrong.

x2. I know a ton of PNW folks getting hoping to get in. I think this fills quickly.
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Whistler - When do you predict it will sell out? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will sell out quickly. People all around the world know about Whistler. It is one of the biggest tourist destinations in Canada...especially popular with Australians and Germans ( do they do triathlons?;)) Secondly it is on the doorstep of Vancouver and Victoria....really great places to visit that time of year and again already on the international tourist map.

It is also an easy trip from Seattle and the rest of the US north west....i.e drivable.

I dont like the way that WTC handles Penticton and I hope that Challenge and Penticton have a long prosperous relationship ( I want to do that course a few more times)....but I think WTC pulled a bit of a Coup in getting Whistler.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't get an email, but I pre-registered to pre-register and I was told my name is on the drop down list, can someone post the link to the registration page, I tried to search active.com but got nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Whistler - When do you predict it will sell out? [rhayden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, agree 100% with this. The Penticton race was awesome, and I hope it's just as successful with Challenge as with WTC. But I agree that getting Whistler to host this is a coup as it will be a fantastic venue - maybe even better than Tremblant!

rhayden wrote:
It will sell out quickly. People all around the world know about Whistler. It is one of the biggest tourist destinations in Canada...especially popular with Australians and Germans ( do they do triathlons?;)) Secondly it is on the doorstep of Vancouver and Victoria....really great places to visit that time of year and again already on the international tourist map.

It is also an easy trip from Seattle and the rest of the US north west....i.e drivable.

I dont like the way that WTC handles Penticton and I hope that Challenge and Penticton have a long prosperous relationship ( I want to do that course a few more times)....but I think WTC pulled a bit of a Coup in getting Whistler.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This Friday ..?!?
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Whistler - When do you predict it will sell out? [SpicedRum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's the link for those pre-registered: http://www.active.com/framed/event_detail.cfm?event_id=2054569

SpicedRum wrote:
I didn't get an email, but I pre-registered to pre-register and I was told my name is on the drop down list, can someone post the link to the registration page, I tried to search active.com but got nothing.

-----------------------------------------------------------
"No more hurting people - Peace"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whistler vs Tremblant:

• Destination: Whistler
  • Course: Tremblant
  • Hotels : Draw
  • Accessibility: Draw (depends where you are from)
  • Other Attractions: Whistler
  • Temperatures: Tremblant (well at least for me....hate cold water)
  • Organization: Tremblant (they have Marc Roy....Whistler is yet to happen)

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Whistler - When do you predict it will sell out? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev - Can you talk Marc into helping out Whistler? He's the best.

For temps - the water in Alta Lake is supposed to be pretty good in late August. So I'd call that a draw. Now if you can get Marc to Whister, that would give the slight edge to Whistler
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
usually the races that don't sell out quickly are the ones known for notorious difficulty (IMKY, former IMSG). And still even those sell out. I don't think they have reached the saturation point.
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Whistler - When do you predict it will sell out? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Course: Tremblant" Why?
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Whistler - When do you predict it will sell out? [maxmasmav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've ridden in Whistler on the course they talk about and I just find the Tremblant course has more variety between flats, rollers and steep climbing.

Hey Bruce, I think that Marc was just committed to developing this event in Tremblant. He is maxed out running his 2 companies and can only volunteer to do so many things.
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Whistler - When do you predict it will sell out? [cyclops] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, they haven't reached the saturation point yet. I think Whistler will sell out by Saturday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know how many spot there will be for Whistler? Any chance they keep the number of registrants low (2000-2200) to make sure the first year is a success organization wise and also to be able to claim that the race sold out in 2 hours (as compared to that other B.C. ironman)?

AJ

-------------------------------------------------------
IM WC Hawaii 2024
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Whistler - When do you predict it will sell out? [lakerfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will be the first to admit if I'm wrong, but let's define sell-out as 3,000 registered, not as WTC declaring a "sell-out" with 2000-2500 registered just for marketing purposes as a challenge to Challenge. Subtacting out the folks going with Pentincton, they've got to find a lot of folks with an open hole in their calendar for late in the year. The 100 Kona slots will help, but they only attract a small percentage of the field. Sell out or not, the number of Kona slots will probably drop to 50 the following year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be the first to admit if I'm wrong, but let's define sell-out as 3,000 registered, not as WTC declaring a "sell-out" with 2000-2500 registered just for marketing purposes as a challenge to Challenge. Subtacting out the folks going with Pentincton, they've got to find a lot of folks with an open hole in their calendar for late in the year. The 100 Kona slots will help, but they only attract a small percentage of the field. Sell out or not, the number of Kona slots will probably drop to 50 the following year.

I'll save my comments for after Thurs.

Yes, we all know Kona slots will go down in 2014. And this belief that Kona slots attract a small percentage of the field is ridiculous. I know tons of people who are at least an hour or more away from qualifying but they do WTC events for the Kona slots. I've had this discussion over and over again with so many people ever since IMC. Right now I know way more people who want to do WTC races because of the Kona slots than I know people who are willing to do events like Challenge. There's a fair number of people who seem to have this inability to look at the Kona influence from a more holistic perspective. It's not just about people who *know* they can qualify.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where is this pre-registration option?

@christopher_borden •
Spinning Spoke • Dimond Bikes • Flo Cycling • Castelli Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Whistler - When do you predict it will sell out? [Borden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Back at the last IMC, there was a mailout that allowed you to sign up to pre-register for IMC Whistler. Those that signed up get to pre-register. But someone Dev was passing around a link on this site. I don't know if it works without a confirmation number, but it's worth a try.
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Whistler - When do you predict it will sell out? [Squeak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It only works if you put your name in earlier and can find it in the drop down list on the registration page.
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Whistler - When do you predict it will sell out? [Old_Rambler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cmon, this race will sell out very fast. With over 2500 names on the pre entry list, say half sign up that leaves very few public slots. I live in Seattle and know massive amounts of athletes that want in. Remember, Challenge has a 100% refund policy.

My guess in 15 minutes.
Quote Reply

Prev Next