Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Macca wants to hurt Crowie
Quote | Reply
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/...frfglf-1226494708541

"IT'S being billed as Iron War II - an eight-hour slugfest between two Australian tough guys through hot Hawaiian lava fields that could beat the original version for drama, pain and emotion."...

Too bad it macca ended up just hurting himself... no slugfest at all..
Quote Reply
Re: Macca wants to hurt Crowie [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another funny quote from that article.. "Former winner Chris McCormack said he will "bleed" to win the Hawaii ironman triathlon world title tomorrow. "

Too bad macca didnt drop an ounce of blood.. or sweat.. he quit before he broke a sweat lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey the man may have GI issues or unforeseen bike mechanical breakdown like brake cables or chain and had to drop out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This article is a perfect example of how the media turns other peoples words around to make a story.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca wants to hurt Crowie [bcagle25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BS!! There are plenty of videos with the words coming out of Macca's mouth spewing the same stuff that comes out in print. I wish #7 had raced yesterday. With Macca's articl last week talking about how he wanted to destroy #7 and that #7 had bitten off more than he could chew wanting to win Kona. What would his retort had been after yesterday. Perfect conditions for #7 to do really well yesterday.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca wants to hurt Crowie [SpeedRacer1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SpeedRacer1 wrote:
Perfect conditions for #7 to do really well yesterday.

Would that be clean or doped?

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is exactly what he said about Lance, however, the article talks about what he said about Crowie.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca wants to hurt Crowie [bcagle25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am saying that Macca has done a lot of talking crap to Crowie and a few others. He didn't hurt Crowie yesterday and kind of looks a little dumb saying stuff like in the above article and then dropping out because he was getting smoked and had a flat tire. If you're gonna talk smack, don't just back it up on your good days. Accept humiliation and defeat. Don't call it quits.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I suppose you feel that Marino is a quitter too then as he didn't finish?
Quote Reply
Re: Macca wants to hurt Crowie [cortez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cortez wrote:
I suppose you feel that Marino is a quitter too then as he didn't finish?

Oh no!!! My lips are sealed :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Macca wants to hurt Crowie [ZingUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha, it's ok, you can comment in the 'Marino is a quitter' thread I'm about to start ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Macca wants to hurt Crowie [cortez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cortez wrote:
Haha, it's ok, you can comment in the 'Marino is a quitter' thread I'm about to start ;-)

Did you see the translation of the post on Marino's FB page after Macca broke his derailier on the bike racks? He finished it with "What was Macca doing there anyway". I'm a new Marino fan ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ZingUK wrote:

Did you see the translation of the post on Marino's FB page after Macca broke his derailier on the bike racks? He finished it with "What was Macca doing there anyway". I'm a new Marino fan ;-)

I saw that yeah. Got a feeling we've not heard the last of that one!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SpeedRacer1 wrote:
I am saying that Macca has done a lot of talking crap to Crowie and a few others. He didn't hurt Crowie yesterday and kind of looks a little dumb saying stuff like in the above article and then dropping out because he was getting smoked and had a flat tire. If you're gonna talk smack, don't just back it up on your good days. Accept humiliation and defeat. Don't call it quits.

Yep and I am a big Macca fan but to quit on the bike because you get a flat?

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SpeedRacer1 wrote:
Don't call it quits.

Like #7 right?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, so in hindsight everyone is wrong here. Perhaps Macca need to worry about more than Crowie. I don't know about you guys but WW3 competing for 12th place just doesn't seem that dramatic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is huge difference in hammering it and giving everything you and blow up vs. Man, I'm getting my ass kicked. Oh, I got a flat. Thats it, I'm done.
Quote Reply
Re: Macca wants to hurt Crowie [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Are you referring to 28 year old Lance right after coming back from a fight for his life from cancer? From 1999 on, once he decided he WANTED to race again until 2005 when he retired, when did he quit? His last TDF where he crashed his brains out a few times is somewhat understandable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, you know exactly what I am talking about.

His most recent fight. The one where the going got tough and he quit.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SpeedRacer1 wrote:
Are you referring to 28 year old Lance right after coming back from a fight for his life from cancer? From 1999 on, once he decided he WANTED to race again until 2005 when he retired, when did he quit? His last TDF where he crashed his brains out a few times is somewhat understandable.

Paris-Nice, 1998.

Race wasn't going his way, it was pissing down rain. he pulled over to the side of the road and quit.....and damn near quit the sport.

(not to mention the USADA charges.....)

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Macca wants to hurt Crowie [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know, I don't know what to think about that to be honest. Yes, part of me is pissed tbh, and another part of me says I understand. It's been going on for 13 years. IF he just quit to quit, then yes, I do have a problem with it.

I trained hard enough that I should have finished IM Louisville this year in 12 hours or just under. I recieved two cracked ribs about 600 yards in to the swim, but I still finished the race. Was I disappointed in my time? Hell yes, but will I have a better personal moment at the finish of an IM? Doubtful. That was the hardest day of my life and I never gave in. Things don't always go according to plan, when they go the wrong way, we have to make the best of the situation and get through it. That's what makes us stronger mentally and physically. And sets a good example for our children, friends, and others around you.

I don't want to turn this in to a #7 thread, so if you want to discuss the fact further, please pm.
Last edited by: SpeedRacer1: Oct 15, 12 8:07
Quote Reply
Re: Macca wants to hurt Crowie [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I said. That was right after he went through the battle with his life and wasn't sure he WANTED to race. That's when he decided he was going to retire. Total different state of mind. Read above for your second example.

Again, I am not a fan of anyone just laying down when they CAN finish, but just choose to because that is just easier. #7 included.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SpeedRacer1 wrote:
As I said. That was right after he went through the battle with his life and wasn't sure he WANTED to race. That's when he decided he was going to retire. Total different state of mind. Read above for your second example.

Again, I am not a fan of anyone just laying down when they CAN finish, but just choose to because that is just easier. #7 included.

Please....he puts in all those training miles and focus and he wasn't sure he "wanted to race". Face it - he came back and things weren't going his way. From Ruta de Sol to P-N...he wanted to come back and expected to win immediately. He was getting beat and he quit. At least own it.

And I'm not criticizing his decision to pull over on the side of the road in P-N....but please stop with the revisionist history.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will leave #7 alone, just making a point.

Macca knows how to hurt. 2009 he struggled for much of the run with cramps. He didn't quit, he came back and placed 4th.

He doesn't owe you, me or anyone else an apology for dropping out this year.

Quote Reply
Re: Macca wants to hurt Crowie [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uh, I'm going to cut him a little slack seeing that he had just finished a fight for his life. Cancer survivors spend a couple years readjusting to life. That's a documented and known fact. Under any other circumstance, I'd 100% agree with you.

Again, please pm. This thread is derailing. "It's Not about the #7".
Quote Reply

Prev Next