Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [jcaf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a Oval A921 barsbar.

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [415brian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I liked your idea. I cut mine, used the Velcro strap on the part with the computer. Computer is mounted to small plate with zip ties, rubber bands worked too. I never take the torpedo mount off anyway. Drilled 2 holes in back of torpedo bottle mount. It's attached with 4 zip ties. Will post pics later
Bryan
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello everyone. I am the creator of the FlipLoc mount and wanted to address a few questions and comments. Ex-Cyclist has gotten a lot of private messages regarding the FlipLoc mount since his original post and has asked me to introduce myself so people can get a quicker response. The mount is available in two versions. One is for standard 31.8mm handlebars and the other is for 22.2mm aerobars. Both can be purchased on online auction sites and they are also available for a few dollars less directly through our site:

http://www.designcycles.net

The mounts are compatible with the Garmin Edge 500/200. It is currently available in black, but additional colors may be available in the future. We are also working on a version for the Forerunner 310XT. I may be opening pandora's box by offering this, but we are always looking for suggestions to develop the next great thing. If there is something you'd really like to see, drop us a line. We might just make it a reality. Thanks for all the interest and support thus far and stay tuned for more news in the future!
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [PaintIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Related question: does anyone make the male portion of the Garmin Edge mount so you could screw it to an iPhone case or something to put other devices into your Edge mount? Ie. the other half of your what people are posting here...

--Donnie
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [Design Cycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Design Cycles wrote:
Hello everyone. I am the creator of the FlipLoc mount and wanted to address a few questions and comments. Ex-Cyclist has gotten a lot of private messages regarding the FlipLoc mount since his original post and has asked me to introduce myself so people can get a quicker response. The mount is available in two versions. One is for standard 31.8mm handlebars and the other is for 22.2mm aerobars. Both can be purchased on online auction sites and they are also available for a few dollars less directly through our site:

The mounts are compatible with the Garmin Edge 500/200. It is currently available in black, but additional colors may be available in the future. We are also working on a version for the Forerunner 310XT. I may be opening pandora's box by offering this, but we are always looking for suggestions to develop the next great thing. If there is something you'd really like to see, drop us a line. We might just make it a reality. Thanks for all the interest and support thus far and stay tuned for more news in the future!
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [RRWJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RRWJ wrote:
Design Cycles wrote:

Count me in on a 310xt/910xt version for 22.2mm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered the Flip-Loc from the direct website. It shipped the same day and I got it a couple of days later. This thing is awesome. I got the 31.8 version and it fits perfectly and is very stable. There is no vibration at all. It holds the computer very snugly but not too tight. I plan on ordering another one to replace my homemade mount on my other bike. Nice job Design Cycles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does the current 31.8 version work with the edge 800 as well, or only the 200/500?

ZOOT ULTRA Team
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [mancona] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mancona wrote:
Does the current 31.8 version work with the edge 800 as well, or only the 200/500?

The FlipLoc STD 31.8mm was not designed for the Edge 800. It was a difficult decision, but we ultimately went with a design that keeps the Edge 500/200 low and close to the stem. With that said, I have tested the Edge 800 with mixed success. It usually bumps into the stem bolts when giving it a 1/4 turn. However, I do know of some that are using the Edge 800 without problems. I do not know what stem they are using.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [Crawdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crawdad wrote:
I ordered the Flip-Loc from the direct website. It shipped the same day and I got it a couple of days later. This thing is awesome. I got the 31.8 version and it fits perfectly and is very stable. There is no vibration at all. It holds the computer very snugly but not too tight. I plan on ordering another one to replace my homemade mount on my other bike. Nice job Design Cycles.

Glad to hear it worked out! We're trying our best to get these orders out the door ASAP and usually get them out the same or following day. For those of you who have recently ordered the FlipLoc Aero 22.2mm, the wait is almost over. Orders should be shipped on 8/29. Thanks for your patience.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Design Cycles [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
31.8 works great. Very stable and doesn't move around.. Very quick delivery..
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [michael_runs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just copied this last night and it was great on my ride this morning. Thanks for the idea..final cost = $4
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [rph60] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

NEW Garmin mount

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [Tillquist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [ollie3856] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Spy photos from Design Cycles! Can anyone spot the new features?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is it going to support the 800?

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reversible...Tabs in line with extension... Need one for 800!!
Last edited by: rph60: Oct 1, 12 5:43
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [rph60] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rph60 wrote:
Reversible...Tabs in line with extension... Need one for 800!!

As always, the FlipLoc mounts are reversible which gives you lots of mounting possibilities. The tabs are realigned for compatible with the Edge 800/500/200 and Forerunner 310XT/910XT. All of our mounts very soon will come standard with red aluminum hardware. This model is less than 10g and will be available soon for the same price of $35 with free shipping.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [bwain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bwain wrote:
That bike is sick looking.

Carry on.............

x2. (..wiping drool off mouth.)

k
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
True that 800 mounts ok but when in line with stem hits the bar... Need little longer extension.. Overall great product..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Design Cycles wrote:
As always, the FlipLoc mounts are reversible which gives you lots of mounting possibilities. The tabs are realigned for compatible with the Edge 800/500/200 and Forerunner 310XT/910XT. All of our mounts very soon will come standard with red aluminum hardware. This model is less than 10g and will be available soon for the same price of $35 with free shipping.

Does this mean that the 310XT will mount on the FlipLoc vertically and not on its side? Not sure if this just means that the 310XT will fit. Thanks!

http://raceyourself.ph/
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 500 custom mount [iansimpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iansimpao wrote:
Design Cycles wrote:

Does this mean that the 310XT will mount on the FlipLoc vertically and not on its side? Not sure if this just means that the 310XT will fit. Thanks!

That is correct. The Edge is secured by turning it 45 degrees in one direction and the Forerunner is turned 45 degrees in the other direction. Thus the displays of both can be positioned so they are readable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool! Do let us know when this is available!

http://raceyourself.ph/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn I just bought a TT mount from you guys 2days ago. The new improvements look good.
Quote Reply

Prev Next