Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New aero bento box designed specifically for Cervelo P5!!!
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: New aero bento box designed specifically for Cervelo P5!!! [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: New aero bento box designed specifically for Cervelo P5!!! [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard that as a special introductory promotion, each one will come with a complimentary set of speed sockets.
Quote Reply
Re: New aero bento box designed specifically for Cervelo P5!!! [aftereffector] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aftereffector wrote:
I heard that as a special introductory promotion, each one will come with a complimentary set of speed sockets.

I'm thinking of selling them. $100 each.

But seriously... I'm not sure I'm actually going to use it. But I stupidly don't have anything for my race this weekend, so it's either this or taping food to the top tube. I can't decide which is worse.

I'll need to reinforce the plastic on top and bottomwith some big washers so I don't crack it.
Last edited by: matto: Sep 28, 12 6:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is pretty resourceful. Spray paint it black and it won't look so ghetto.

http://www.frostyjunction.com/
https://twitter.com/FrostyJunction
Quote Reply
Re: New aero bento box designed specifically for Cervelo P5!!! [FrostyJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no way. keep it as is. making it look ghetto is the best way to crush the competition's spirit after you pass them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this thread is worthless without pictures of it filled.
Last edited by: odin99: Sep 28, 12 7:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FTW!!

It's made of clear CF, right? I'll take TEN!!!

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dang. i'm right handed and this looks like its built for lefties.

do yo have any plans to release a right-handed model?

Quote Reply
Re: New aero bento box designed specifically for Cervelo P5!!! [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To make it both more aero, and more ghetto, I thought about gluing this to the back. Hahaha

But I guess one could consider that a fairing. Crazy

Quote Reply
Re: New aero bento box designed specifically for Cervelo P5!!! [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
dang. i'm right handed and this looks like its built for lefties.

do yo have any plans to release a right-handed model?

If not, you may have to embrace, "the stranger".
(you can look it up on Urban Dictionary)

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fill with water, add goldfish, silicone lid and I PROMISE, you will have the only fish bowl/bento box on the planet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sure hope it is shatter resistant otherwise it could be painful in a crash.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whoa, is that a lululemon bottle cage?!?
Quote Reply
Re: New aero bento box designed specifically for Cervelo P5!!! [denali2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
denali2001 wrote:
Whoa, is that a lululemon bottle cage?!?

I think that is an Omega logo, definately not Lululemon :)

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Peel off the Speedo stickers and clean up the box then spray paint the inside flat black and it will look glossy on the outside :)

Rodney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not bad. Seriously. (Well, ... I guess we like this better.)

But on topic, since you did the drilling, why didn't you mount it a closer to your stem? A few issues I can see--not necessarily insurmountable though--(1) opening the box at 25+ mph and having everything inside fly out and (2) the no. of cycles that plastic hinge is going to last: not that many. In any case, your solution is far better than taping gels to your top tube. The taping method of carrying nutrition is pretty bad for drag. Especially on such a sweet bike.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: New aero bento box designed specifically for Cervelo P5!!! [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
But on topic, since you did the drilling, why didn't you mount it a closer to your stem?

I know, that's killing me too. But the plastic on the bottom isn't continuous. There's a gap / seam for the opener thingy, and it was right where I wanted to drill the hole.

And yeah, I'll buy your 483d.... if you can get it to be by this evening. ;)
Last edited by: matto: Sep 28, 12 11:11
Quote Reply
Re: New aero bento box designed specifically for Cervelo P5!!! [denali2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
denali2001 wrote:
no way. keep it as is. making it look ghetto is the best way to crush the competition's spirit after you pass them.

Only valid if your bike costs <$1000!
Quote Reply
Re: New aero bento box designed specifically for Cervelo P5!!! [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fair point, but these days, I think you can go up to $2,500.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Impressed!

Hans

Hans Bielat
TorHans LLC Co-Founder, Owner, Chief Innovation Officer
http://www.torhans.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
denali2001 wrote:
fair point, but these days, I think you can go up to $2,500.

Hah - no way man. $2500 is a Cervelo P2 level bike nowadays.

Ghetto is heavy steel era stuff with unknown-level obsolete components!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amazingly cool!

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: New aero bento box designed specifically for Cervelo P5!!! [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if we're going there, then it's gotta be toe clips.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
denali2001 wrote:
if we're going there, then it's gotta be toe clips.

Saw a Specialized Transition at the Poconos 70.3 expo with toe clips today:)

Rodney
Quote Reply