Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [quickguru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My bike is getting tuned up but I should have it back tomorrow and can post a picture of where I placed the magnet.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Mark,

Do you know when the blacked out S-Works module will be available? Any other color's on the S-Works frame besides the 2 shown?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mile2424] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everything's in production now -- when they reach each state exactly is a regional question I can't answer. No production delays -- 2013 bikes are rollin'!

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Specialized Bicycle Components
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mark-

Just ordered a 13 Pro Frameset. Any idea on when the Carbon bars will be available? The bars are the only thing that are holding the build up and the dealer site has no availabilty date. I want to stick with OEM but if it's goign to be a long wait do you have any other suggestions on bars that will fit the frame well? I really want to stick with something that has an aero stem.

Darren

Team Every Man Jack

http://www.teamemj.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mark, Any real life pics of the stealth black?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Dt34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Dt34,

could you post the picture of your magnet installation please?

I would appreciate to see a few setup to avoid messing my Quarq setup.

Big thx!
Fred
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dmounts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark-
Any word on the Carbon Aerobars?

Team Every Man Jack

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They're in production now so it's anytime between the next 1 and 2 months, but as I said, I can't confirm delivery to specific states or markets. Only your store or their rep can give these details.

Otherwise, pretty much everything fits and works well on the Shiv. Your fit should dictate the bars. Only aerostem bar I know of that I've personally used is the Shimano Pro Missle Evo.

I'm sorry I don't have more info for you. PM me with your details and I'll work on getting more details for you.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mark,

do you have any experience with the new Specialized Quarq power meter. Anything special to know for a good installation?

Thanks a lot for your presence on this forum!
Fred
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Similar setup to the normal quarq powermeters. I've been running one of these spiders for about 18 months as a test rider. No issues with mine. Jim Meyer and Quarq make a great product.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just listed mine in the classified.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is my setup. This was done by my LBS so I can't help with too many questions. The magnet is glued on left hand side as you look at the picture.

I hope this helps!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mark,

Just wondering if the 2013 shiv pro paint is a flat or gloss black. Its kind of hard to tell from the website. Is there any way we could get a real life shot of one?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Fred, sorry I was out of town and haven't had a chance to snap a photo. While I was gone I dropped my bike off for a tune up and they found something wrong with the cover plate and the bike had to go back to Specialized. I should have the bike back in about a week.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [JMarkel9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The MY13 Shiv Pro is gloss finish. The MY13 S-Works is Satin Carbon with gloss logos.

Sorry, I don't have any other pictures right now -- our bikes are on the truck to 70.3 Worlds this weekend!

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Mark, I've got a ton of photos of the '13 S-Works bike... specifically, it's Crowie's Shiv for worlds this weekend: http://www.theradsport.com/...alized-s-works-shiv/

This one shows the paint job on that model pretty well:

MITaerobike wrote:
The MY13 Shiv Pro is gloss finish. The MY13 S-Works is Satin Carbon with gloss logos.

Sorry, I don't have any other pictures right now -- our bikes are on the truck to 70.3 Worlds this weekend!

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Just brought it home last night. Looking at adding some Profile Designs Volna bars and I'll probably get some blacked out decals from Zipp for the race wheels. Bye for now, going riding!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today is the second day of the rest of your life if you started keeping track yesterday
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread - Assembly [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have recently purchased a Shiv Expert and I was loosening the seat post clamp when I discovered that one of the bolts securing the clamp was very tight. I am pretty sure that the bolt was crossed threaded at some stage I saw the frame as it came out of the box and noted that it was mostly assembled Can I assume that the clamp was bolted to the frame at the factory and that it was possible that all the LBS did was insert the seat post and torque it up?

I am returning the frame to the LBS tomorrow and want to be armed with as much information as possible

Thanks in advance

Coxy
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apologies if this was posted in some of the 30+ pages, but is it possible to run the Tri frame with a different bar setup? Or is it set up specifically for the Specialized bar/stem?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Icantrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Icantrun wrote:
Apologies if this was posted in some of the 30+ pages, but is it possible to run the Tri frame with a different bar setup? Or is it set up specifically for the Specialized bar/stem?

Ah,I see 15 seconds on the website would have solved that. S-Works comes with the setup, but the Pro doesn't, so assuming they are the same frame/different carbon layup, then yes. Good to know...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mmamster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/quote]

I have answered my own question. I bought a TubeDirector yesterday for $24 and was able to replace the original drinking tube with it. It is slightly smaller diamater tube than the original but the tube material can be heat moulded without much trouble to fit on to the tube mount on the fuelselage bag. I just used a butane ligter to soften it. Because the tube is a narrower diameter it is easier to drink from. The wire in the insulated sleeve is about 1 mm across so it is quite rigid once bent to the shape you want.[/quote]
I have problems installing the tube director. It doesn't go into the hydration fuselage as the tube is too large. Can you share pictures of your installation? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Mark! I went by my LBS today and they gave me a stack of stickers with my Shiv pro. Any idea what the best way to remove the stock stickers is? How about any residue left behind? Do i heat them up? I want to replace the stock one with the lime green. Any feedback from other who have done this?

D

Team Every Man Jack

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey D,

The Shiv Pro is a bit of a new concept for us -- the bike and frame come either blank or with charcoal decals and a decal set of yellow, chrome, red, green, and teal that can be applied on the frame to customize the bike color to your own style. Additionally, you can change the color up if you get sick of racing in teal in season 1 and want to switch to red in season 2.

Here is a short video that explain the process of how to remove and apply the decals.
https://vimeo.com/47110274
http://servicevideos.specialized.com

Additionally, your frame/bike should have come with a 1-page print out explaining how to align and apply the decals. Here it is in PDF form.
http://service.specialized.com/.../pdf/IG0422_revA.pdf

This came from direct feedback from this forum. I raced IMAZ with my Shiv last year and had made my own big S-Works decals. A lot of people asked if they could have the same thing, so we made this year's Shiv Pro with this sticker kit and simple/non-graphics for those who like to personalize or just let the industrial design lines speak instead of the graphics.

PM me if you have additional questions.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Last edited by: MITaerobike: Sep 17, 12 17:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Thanks Mark!

Team Every Man Jack

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, I may have missed something, but can this be done on Shivs from 2012 as well? If not, why not?

I'd love to get creative without having to shell out for a new paint job. If the answer to this is yes, when and where can I buy decals?
Quote Reply

Prev Next