Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cycling shoes - why do you love yours?
Quote | Reply
in the market for new shoes. you know it's bad when you find your bike by smell. I'm thinking of going to a cycling shoe rather than a tri shoe but am wondering if I'll miss the water holes or not (thinking not). I'd love to get a pair of each, but my bully took care of that bit of extra cash. I have typical feet - bit narrow, high arches. any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling shoes - why do you love yours? [peaches] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am a big fan of Sidi. Have a pair of the T3 Tri shoes and the Genius 5 Pro Road shoes and could not be happier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speaking as a cyclist only, I wear Mavic and love them but they are high end. Sidi is great as are the new Specialized shoes.

Do you have a good LBS to go try on some?

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both, by some miracle of extra money & having treated my cycling shoes like they're gold over time. They're one of the older SIDI versions, one of the earlier ones with the clickers (wow, that's technical...) & I love them. They're comfy & have great power transfer. I had a pair of Northwave tri shoes that I also loved, but were retired due to the hideous stench and discoloring (white shoes = bad idea when you learn to pee in the rain on your bike...that's probably just a bad idea anyway though...). They were even bleached and vinegared. The thought of them makes me shudder. I now have a Specialized pair of tri shoes - seem comfy the few times I've worn them.

I like both my cycling and tri shoes snug (apparently I have fairly small feet when it comes to bike shoes) and easy to get in/out of with good power transfer on my pedals. That necessitates velcro on my tri shoes, but security on my road shoes (clickers!!). I love my SIDIs.

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have specialized - both tri & road - and I love them. I have narrow feet w/ high arches and narrow heels and I can cinch down the clicky thing on the road shoes so that my feet don't move in the shoes and they are still very comfy. When I got the tri shoes, I was worried that my feet would slide because i can't pull the Velcro strap very tight but the shoe cups my narrow heels very well and my feet don't slip at all. Good stiff platform and so comfy, I forget I have then on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My tri shoes are Specialized. Feet are 6.5, not narrow, but high arches. My Sidi road shoes made my feet numb unless I wore really, really thin socks. The Specialized have more of a squared off toe and are pretty comfy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like Sidi. Got some on clearance. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...p;_$ja=kw:sidi+shoes|cgn:sidi+shoes+-+R|cgid:4004046171|tsid:40920|cn:Chain+Reaction-ROW-MG-Exa-Eng-DT-SE|cid:92699211|lid:130154325|mt:Exact|nw:search|crid:12482704251&gclid=CLbm0tinxrICFYsc6wodMmoAFg
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling shoes - why do you love yours? [jameswilson799] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I need to get a new pair also. Mine are so uncomfortable.
Quote Reply
Re: Cycling shoes - why do you love yours? [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trackie clm wrote:
Speaking as a cyclist only, I wear Mavic and love them but they are high end. Sidi is great as are the new Specialized shoes.

Do you have a good LBS to go try on some?

I'm thinking about getting the Mavic Zxenon, but I'm a bit afraid because I don't have where to try them. Do you have narrow feet? Do Mavics run smaller?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like my specialized shoes. They are super comfy and have lasted forever
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bont > shimano, dmt, chain or sidi shoes i've owned in the past. i own two pairs of bont sub-9s (one for training, one for racing). heat mouldable soles are fantastic.

i'd be interested in trying the new specialized tri shoes that literally "open up", but i can't say that specialized's road shoes hold the same interest for me.

if you decide to buy bont shoes, my suggestion is to add 4mm to 5mm to your foot measurement in order to get proper fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't done this yet, but I am considering wearing road shoes for the upcoming tri season. I mentioned missing the drainage holes to my favorite LBS guy, and he suggested just drilling some holes in the bottom. Have any of you done this?

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love shimano! I gave away all my road shoes and ride my tri shoes on my road bike.
Quote Reply