Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Breast Reduction
Quote | Reply
I've been thinking about this procedure. Has anyone had this surgery?
Last edited by: TriBeer: Sep 12, 12 14:57
Quote Reply
Re: Breast Reduction [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, about 15 years ago. What would you like to know?

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Breast Reduction [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How long did it take for you to recover?

I could lose twenty pounds and would you suggest losing the weight before the procedure?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd suggest PMing YVR K.

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Breast Reduction [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, thank you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Absolutely lose the weight first, as that is what prompted my reduction in the first place :-(

IIRC, it was a painful recovery because of the amount of skin cut and areola being moved. I was mummified through my entire torso for several weeks and I think my running (I only ran at that time) was eliminated for about 8 weeks.

The good news is that there is virtually no scar from the procedure after so many years.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for sharing. I'm going to try and lose a few pounds first.

I've heard it was a difficult surgery. Again, I appreciate you sharing your experience.

Are you glad you did it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have never had a reduction but a reduce in size. My aunt had the reduction. Pumping iron took me down from a 36D to 32A a short period of time. I am now a 34B because I don't pump anymore. My aunt had a reduction because she was BIG. After the surgery, she was still big and grew a bit because she did not try to lose the weight. I think you should try to lose weight, have the surgery and possibly have excess skin removed because it adds to unwanted size.

Quote | Reply
I'm curious how you reduced your size by pumping weight? This interests me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriBeer wrote:
I'm curious how you reduced your size by pumping weight? This interests me.
I lifted weights (arms and legs) and rode a Healthrider like crazy. Between the 62lbs on the machine, my body weight and daily use, the fat melted away. http://www.healthrider.com/

Quote | Reply
[/img]

Here's a picture of me pre-surgery. If you look closely, you will see how low my breasts used to hang ;-)

The best I'm willing to show for after-pix is in my profile. Yes, I am very glad that I had the surgery.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Last edited by: SallyShortyPnts: Sep 14, 12 9:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought about it when I was in my 20's but then jut learned to accept them. I range from C during IM training to D, normal weight to DD if I'm chubbed up. The boob size is the last thing to go when I do lose weight. So not super huge, but big for my 5'3' frame. Of people I know that have had a reduction the prevailing thought is "I wish I'd done it sooner."

Good luck if you do!

PS I've been doing Weight Watchers for 6 weeks and it's an easy and reasonable way to drop some pounds.
Quote Reply
Re: Breast Reduction [travelmama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the inspiration.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the encouragement and for sharing. Funny pic! ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Breast Reduction [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for your response. Your post gives me courage. Thank you again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I have had a reduction, somewhat recently, I think it was 2003.
The surgery has changed a lot. It changed my life and I wish I had done it sooner, unfortunately I had people tell me it was terrible and painful. It was neither. The wort part was itching afterward but that is totally solved by Benadryl. Afterward I found a slow twitch type site call breasthealthonline.com. Go there for sure b/c the advice is priceless and the stories are great.
Interview and find an amazing plastic surgeon. They should show you pictures of their work. You should be totally comfortable with the practice.

My only other advice, my "if I knew then what I know now" moment, was that if I had the chance I would have gotten a tummy tuck at the same time. A large numbe of patients do this. My insurance paid for the initial procedure and I could have paid for just the partial cost of the additional procedure had I known. The thing is that when the breasts are gone there is a stomach you can't really see now that you will see then!
Pm me or ask me any thing you need to know. Check out the other site too. It will answer so many questions for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just wanted to wish you the best in your decision. I don't have to face this (have the opposite problem), but I have several friends that went through breast reduction surgery in their 20's and 30's. To a person they all said they wish they had done it sooner. As others have said: pain and recovery is surgery, patient, surgeon, etc dependent. BUT lets say you knew it would hurt significantly for 8 weeks....my guess would be that for the freedom and reduced pain and stress on your body long term that healing time would be worth it.

About loosing weight - be healthy and be kind to yourself. Lately I have just seen women go diet crazy again...following these super restrictive diets and while I could also stand to loose a few, I try to remember to approach it with kindness and not frustration. Although I admit, I struggle with the last bit!

Good luck!

Re: Breast Reduction [wickedcheezit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the informative response to my question. This is very helpful. I will check out the website you suggested.

I'm going to work hard at losing some weight and pause on my decision, but not too long.

I'm glad to hear that the procedure was not terrrible or painful for you. You give me a lot of encouragement. Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Breast Reduction [tridana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for your thoughtful response to my question. I appreciate your helpful words.

You're right about dieting and not going crazy with it. My plan is to try and run more and drink less beer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One thing I will say is after I lost about 50-60 pounds. I never would have been able to do that before the surgery.
I had way more aches and pains than I even realized until after I had the surgery.

I was amazed. Turned out I had back pain for years and just thought it was "normal"!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wickedcheezit.....what cup size were you before and what did you go down to??
Quote Reply
Re: Breast Reduction [Mr + Mrs C.C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
36dd toa near perfect 34b. Takes about a year before swelling is completely gone and you really know how they look and your new size. They did tell me they may not fit perfectly in, for e example a Vic's Secret bra after the surgery but thats all I wear and they fit great.
The surgery also builds in a bit of lift so the best part is being able to skip the bra without feeling terrible about it! I also now can wear a normal sports bra without problem!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a C cup and have always felt tempted to go down one size. I'm not sure I could tolerate the discomfort though just for one cup size. I should just try and do it through weight loss!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you have to pay cash or did your insurance cover it?
Quote Reply
Re: Breast Reduction [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I qualified to have my insurance cover the surgery fully.
Quote Reply