Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

P2K seat post and duel bottle holder bracket
Quote | Reply
I got a P2K w/ the alum. aero seat post and need help locating a bottle holder "bracket" that will securely hold the rack in place.

Buying a 2 bottle rack is not the problem. It's the backet to attach it to the aero stem.

Any thoughts out there?
Quote Reply
Re: P2K seat post and duel bottle holder bracket [clyds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how about one that attached to the rails of the seat?
Quote Reply
Re: P2K seat post and duel bottle holder bracket [tristeve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A company called Minoura makes a two bottle system that utilizes a braket to attach to the rear seat rails. Works great with the P2K.
Quote Reply
Re: P2K seat post and duel bottle holder bracket [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Minoura bracket attached to the saddle railes of my p2k and it works fine - you just need to practise putting the bottles back - or maybe it is just me who finds it tricky to put them back when I am cycling....

Rgds

Pete
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got an Xlab Saddlewing on my P2K and it works fine. The bracket mounts to the rails of my seat (Selle Italia). No problemo.

It might be an issue mounting the bracket to the rails if you have your seat slid all the way forward and tight up against the rails.
Quote Reply
Re: P2K seat post and duel bottle holder bracket [Big EE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gerard has previously posted a recommendation of the Minoura.

He also said Endurosport (800-448-4678) sells an improved version of the Minoura. I don't know if it is also sold elsewhere.

--

~~Bob
Quote Reply
Re: P2K seat post and duel bottle holder bracket [Bob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Minoura is inexpensive and works like a champ. No problems... other than it *does* take practice using those holders from the Aero position.
Quote Reply
Re: P2K seat post and duel bottle holder bracket [Big EE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]I've got an Xlab Saddlewing on my P2K and it works fine. The bracket mounts to the rails of my seat (Selle Italia). No problemo.[/reply]

I have a question about the Xlab Saddlewing: Do you never have problems with mounting your bike with the Saddlewing?
Another possibility would be the Xlab Flatwing. But I think there is no sense in having a carbon aero seatpost and then put a bottle holder behind it (and not behind your back as with the Xlab Saddlewing).
Would you put a Saddle- or a Flatwing with an aero carbon seat post? Any recommendations welcome!
Quote Reply
Re: P2K seat post and duel bottle holder bracket [felix__w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if you read the other thread on this, you'll see my post, but cobb said lower behind the legs is faster than behind the back (the air comes over the back and the Saddlewing disrupts that flow, the flatwing doesnt).

I got a Corima aero post and use the flatwing, until i finish my Carbon "wing".

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get the Minoura! See the other post below for comments regarding the various types.
Quote Reply
Re: P2K seat post and duel bottle holder bracket [felix__w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't do any running swing-my-leg-over mounts when I have the Saddlewing on with bottles. I take it off for sprint races, and I wouldn't do any running starts in a long race anyway.

As for the turbulance it may or may not cause, when you're 6-4 like me and riding a big frame, the turbulance caused by the behind-the-seat bottle holder is the least of your worries. I've got it back there so I can carry more Gatorade with me. It works great.
Quote Reply