Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nutrition on Oly race
Quote | Reply
I usually drink 8 oz fluids w/ a GU and 2 salt pills 10 mins before the swim.. Then a quick sip of fluids in t1.. And I have single 18oz bottle on the bike which I try to sip every 10-15 minutes while riding. I'm considering putting two 18oz bottles on the bike but I feel a lil bloated drinking more than 18. I have had cramp issues during the run before so not sure if I'm not drinking enough fluids/sodiums.

You all doing 1 bottle or 2 bottles?
Quote Reply
Re: Nutrition on Oly race [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking about this today. I usually have 1 bottle on the bike but I find that I'm thirsty and I hate having to consciously ration my liquid. I don't cramp on the run though so I have a hard time thinking I need more.
Quote Reply
Re: Nutrition on Oly race [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I usually see that 1 16oz bottle + 8ish oz seems to work well. It's a little more than I drink while training so if you're like me in that respect you may want to practice your race nutrition more on brick workouts.

Highly doubt that a lack of sodium intake could be the real factor that is making you cramp on the run. May want to try some other things. Perhaps too dense of a dinner/breakfast or those salt pills are being counterproductive. Salt in an Oly race is too intense and more importantly too short of a distance to help you, can only hurt. I suggest looking into those things.
Quote Reply