Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Philosoraptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Philosoraptor wrote:
Nope. S-bends are more comfortable for me. They allow more hand positions too. With ski bends you grab the bend and that's pretty much it. With s-bends you can also rotate your hands around the bends in a number of ways. Sometimes I like to sit my palms flat on top of the bends and dangle my fingers over the ends. Quite comfy on the long straight stretches. You cannot do that with ski bends.

Where can I buy S-bends for my Shiv, can't find them on Specialized website.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [godekjames] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
godekjames wrote:
Philosoraptor wrote:
Nope. S-bends are more comfortable for me. They allow more hand positions too. With ski bends you grab the bend and that's pretty much it. With s-bends you can also rotate your hands around the bends in a number of ways. Sometimes I like to sit my palms flat on top of the bends and dangle my fingers over the ends. Quite comfy on the long straight stretches. You cannot do that with ski bends.

I am not using the Specialized bar. If you are using the Specialized bar you will need to buy some s-bend extensions from another manufacturer. They are of a standard diameter so it shouldn't be too hard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Philosoraptor wrote:
godekjames wrote:
Philosoraptor wrote:

Thanks, I figured that may be the case

I am not using the Specialized bar. If you are using the Specialized bar you will need to buy some s-bend extensions from another manufacturer. They are of a standard diameter so it shouldn't be too hard.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dmounts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For MY13, all of the bikes and detailed specs went live on the website today:

-The SW bike is not available yet, but will be updated spec compared to MY12.

-The Pro is Ultegra Di2 with standard carbon brake levers. If the rider elects to upgrade to a basebar Di2 shifter, they can do this but by not spec-ing the basebar shifter OE, we're able to offer an electronic shifting bike at a more attainable pricepoint.

-Shiv Expert and Shiv Comp are continuing inline products and instead of upgrading and increasing the bike cost from DA 7900 to DA 9000, we stayed with DA 7900 10-spd for MY13.

We're stoked on the new line-up and we really only added a few colors and tweaked a bit of the model line-up. No major changes!

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Specialized Bicycle Components
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dig the new colorways. I like how clean the pro framset is. I am due for a warranty replacement on my frameset and hope I can get one of those. I doubt I will though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mark,

i noticed the site has the carbon aerobar in the components section. I apologize if it has been there for some time - but i only looked today. Can this be fitted to a Transition (2011 or 2012 model)? and will i need a new stem to do so? If the $575 is for the whole bar including extensions it is less than i expected, and would make me consider it as an alternative to an alu replacement bar for my Transition.

When i checked the site i was actually looking for the aluminium aerobar from the expert and rival Shiv's. Do you know when that will be available? and i am sure you have aero data comparing the two on the same frame - so all else being equal, how much aero difference does the carbon bar make relative to the aluminium?

thank you for any feedback
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Went for the maiden voyage on my new Shiv Expert today. Its my first Tri bike so I don't have much to compare to but the bike felt great all around;
ascending & descending, super responsive yet stable. I was honestly surprised with how stable I felt in the aero bars. Definitely a huge change from
my road bike however I am looking forward to logging some serious miles this off-season to get used to the new position. I have not had a
professional fit yet but am planning to do so in the next month or so. Meanwhile I have enjoyed tinkering with the setup and experimenting
with different positions.

Props to Specialized for a great triathlon bike!

Looking to add some HED Jet 6s over the winter...

Last edited by: Wert: Aug 29, 12 21:34
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Wert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I understand you haven't been fitted yet but I would urge caution with having that stack of spacers on top of your stem. At the moment your stem is clamping the carbon steerer without anything reinforcing it from the inside.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [rich_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, finally we're making the aerobars available aftermarket. The carbon aerobar comes with a complete fit kit, carbon ski-tips, and a 60/90mm stem that works specifically with this carbon bar. We worked hard to offer a great fitting and performing barset at a great price.

The alloy bar isn't available in the states yet but should be soon-ish. It's compatible with all 31.8mm stems.

On a Shiv, the difference between the alloy and carbon barset is about 10 Watts at 40 kph, a pretty substantial difference.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The pro frameset will actually be coming with 6 colorways of stickers to go over the Specialized and S logos. Yellow, Green, Teal, Red, Chrome, and Charcoal. Mix and match to all of your colorway desires. We'll have updated pics on the website in the coming weeks.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
any word on the availability of the tweaked fuelselage or onboard food/tool storage?
I know your focus is probably on the new lineup but I thought it might be timely to release anything that's an addon for the shiv tri with the new range.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MITaerobike wrote:
Yes, finally we're making the aerobars available aftermarket. The carbon aerobar comes with a complete fit kit, carbon ski-tips, and a 60/90mm stem that works specifically with this carbon bar. We worked hard to offer a great fitting and performing barset at a great price.

The alloy bar isn't available in the states yet but should be soon-ish. It's compatible with all 31.8mm stems.

On a Shiv, the difference between the alloy and carbon barset is about 10 Watts at 40 kph, a pretty substantial difference.

Mark

What's the retail on it? Spesh website has no prices.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Blatant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blatant wrote:
any word on the availability of the tweaked fuelselage or onboard food/tool storage?
I know your focus is probably on the new lineup but I thought it might be timely to release anything that's an addon for the shiv tri with the new range.

What is this tweaked fuelselage you speak of? I would love to find out more about this.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Shane_W] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
one of the specialized guys who posts here mentioned accessories/aftermarket kit he specifically mentioned a fuelselage that addresses the magnet issue, and some sort of food/tool storage I would expect something like the speed concept has where the boxes are designed to work with the frame in the most aero way possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just finished a week of climbing in the Alps and Dolomites on my Shiv! People were definitely surprised to see a TT bike roaming the passes, but it did great! Passes included:

Alps: Galibier, Lauteret
Dolomites: Fedaia, Pordoi(twice), Duran, Staulanza, Campolongo, Gardena, Sella and Giau.

Here's a photo on Galibier:

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow, nice photo!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice! Any more pics?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mark,
I can only find the AL aero bars on your website, do you have a link to the carbon bars?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Philosoraptor wrote:
I understand you haven't been fitted yet but I would urge caution with having that stack of spacers on top of your stem. At the moment your stem is clamping the carbon steerer without anything reinforcing it from the inside.

Thanks for the advice, I had not thought of that. I'll slide one of those spacers back under the stem until I have the fit done....
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Redog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not sure where you are seeing the AL ones, but here's carbon:
http://www.specialized.com/...thlon-carbon-aerobar
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [kulcha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not too many action shots... though my buddies got some interesting descent video on the gopro. The one above and first one here were taken by a guy camped out on one of the switchbacks. After he shot a few pics he'd run along and hand you his card so you could buy the photos from his website. The other was taken on a go pro by one of the guys I was riding with. This is descending from Passo Pordoi (the steep part of the descent well behind us) on our way back to Alleghe which is in the valley just below that big rocky peak you see in the background.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The post above should have been in reply to you :)

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [GAIJIN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.specialized.com/...thlon-carbon-aerobar

$575 retail for the carbon aero barset

Info and pricing varies per market and market specific website. That's likely why some are seeing alloy and carbon based upon availability in their given market.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Shane_W] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For MY 13 there's a new bigger magnet for the Fuelselage. We're working on getting a supply of these available for all early adopters in MY12 -- I'll do my best to support these at little or no cost, but it might take a couple of months.

There are some other new products on their way...you guys know the formula. Keep watching the races to see new things coming :)

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought a new Quarq power meter and I'm curious to know what is the best way to fix the cadence magnet to the frame.

If someone could post pictures of their current setup, I will really appreciate it!

Fred
Quote Reply

Prev Next