Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
USTS Bud Light Series Results
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have race results or a source of results by race from the 80's?
Quote Reply
Re: USTS Bud Light Series Results [bnlea] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd love to see that too.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My buddy Ed Wright did them He won't have results, but great stories.
His email is
ewright@citynatbank.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have complete results for Shelburne Vermont and Hilton Head from 1989. No way to get them scanned at the moment but I'd be happy to look up any info you might be interested in (within reason). I too would love to find this stuff posted somewhere online.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those events were scored by Raceplace Events out of Phoenix, AZ. Is there a particular event you're looking for results for? Or just looking to browse?

http://www.raceplaceevents.com/
Quote Reply
Re: USTS Bud Light Series Results [d2xccoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh yes the early years I did a few Budlight events including Hilton Head 1988.

[/img]
Last edited by: Clutch Cargo: Sep 20, 10 17:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shoot me a PM with you email. All my old race stuff is buried in my parents basement in a giant Rubbermaid. I can see it right now in the corner and I have quite a few.

What race you looking for? I'm heading up there the last week of October.....let me know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I have complete results for Shelburne Vermont and Hilton Head from 1989. No way to get them scanned at the moment but I'd be happy to look up any info you might be interested in (within reason). I too would love to find this stuff posted somewhere online.

Wow, I'd really appreciate it if you could look up David Hall...I was 19 at the time. After the race was moved to November following Hurricane Hugo(?), I didn't bother to get a wetsuit. Wow was I cold. Still a fun race.

I'm curious to see if the saying "the older I get, the faster I was" holds true...I think I went under 2:10. Hopefully, that wasn't 2:20.

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's a few I found on-line:

http://www.raceforum.com/archiveresults.asp

If anyone has Tupper Lake Tinman from 1990, I'd be interested in how I did...great memories.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scott Molina won!! (well, maybe not all of them)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have some from Chicago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have most all the results from 83 to 86. It is on my computer at home, and right now I'm on my laptop. I know many of the pro results by heart, as I was at most of those races. Not sure if it was the pro results you were looking for or not, but when I get to the mother ship I will print some of them out for you...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I competed in the USTS Shelburne VT. I plan on going back to Shelburne this fall to do some cycling and would like to ride that beautiful but changeling bike coarse again. Is there any chance someone could help me find that bike coarse route from the USTS Shelburne race series?
Quote Reply
Re: USTS Bud Light Series Results [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clutch Cargo wrote:
Oh yes the early years I did a few Budlight events including Hilton Head 1988.

[/img]

I also did Hilton Head in '88. I qualified at USTS Baltimore. Remember how they had to reverse the swim start and we had to walk a mile up the beach. Is that your picture? Looks just like Mike Pigg. I really enjoyed the Bud Light USTS series. Great races and locations.

18x Ironman, 3x Hawaii
US Army (Ret.), Vietnam Vet ('71-'72)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Remember when you used to get race results mailed to you 6 weeks later, in a little results book (the really good races had different rankings by splits). Crazy to think that was only 12-15 years ago.

I still remember the first time I ever saw a timing chip (Mrs. T's Chicago Tri in 1996, I think?). What a crazy technology. Wasn't that the year they had to move Chicago up so it wouldn't conflict with Worlds in Cleveland. Hard to believe Cleveland was such a triathlon powerhouse. Jack Caress really destroyed triathlon in that town. What a shame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are you looking for? There were a lot of them.....I have a number of Bud Light USTS race results booklets - Chicago, Baltimore, Hilton Head, Las Vegas, etc.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: USTS Bud Light Series Results [fdipersio18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fdipersio18 wrote:
I competed in the USTS Shelburne VT. I plan on going back to Shelburne this fall to do some cycling and would like to ride that beautiful but changeling bike coarse again. Is there any chance someone could help me find that bike coarse route from the USTS Shelburne race series?

I'm not sure I have the course maps anymore, but I remember the gist of them. The bike course for this venue was a little different both years I did it, and it was different the year before I did it. (3 years at this venue I believe). I'd be happy to give you some basics on where to ride, email me off-list.
Quote Reply
Re: USTS Bud Light Series Results [deh20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
deh20 wrote:
Here's a few I found on-line:

http://www.raceforum.com/archiveresults.asp

If anyone has Tupper Lake Tinman from 1990, I'd be interested in how I did...great memories.

This is awesome! Several of these races were part of the old Penn-Jersey Triathlon series. I have many of these results in hard copy in a drawer in my kitchen along with MANY more but it is nice to see them online. I loved that No Run All Fun biathlon down in Cambridge MD. Now they call it Aquabike or Aquavelo but I like the "No Run All Fun" moniker better.

I have results from the 1990/91 Bud Light Baltimore races (favorite race course, possibly ever) and 1992 Bud Light Delaware. That race was crazy in that the course crossed train tracks and the male pro leader made it across the tracks in front of a long train while the rest of the top men had to wait it out. I think they estimated how much time each had waited and sorted it out in the end.

Thanks for providing that link. Browsing the results brought back lots of memories and some names of people I had forgotten.

-leh
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have quite a few of them---did most of the series in 88 & again in 90 (memory fading??). Haven't looked at them in years. What are you looking for? Also have Hilton Head 86 and a few others from that year.

Eventually I'll get ambitious & scan & upload them someplace. Every year or two someone comes on here looking for them.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." John Rogers
Quote Reply
Re: USTS Bud Light Series Results [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it would be a very fun feature to this site if Dan were to create a tab where forum members could scan and send in old race results - I'm not aware of any on-line archive of our sport. Bud Light, Coors Light, World's Toughest, Palm Springs, Texas Hill Country, Provo - there seem to be a lot of great races that have gone by the wayside.
Quote Reply
Re: USTS Bud Light Series Results [deh20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
deh20 wrote:

Hi David-

Found the Tupper Lake results from 1990. Your data:

S = 26:12
B = 2:25:10
R = 1:31:38
T = 4:23:00
Age group: 7 of 37
Overall: 27 of 370

Winner was Henry Schachte in 4:07:01.
Quote Reply
Re: USTS Bud Light Series Results [leh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
leh wrote:
I have results from the 1990/91 Bud Light Baltimore races (favorite race course, possibly ever) and 1992 Bud Light Delaware. That race was crazy in that the course crossed train tracks and the male pro leader made it across the tracks in front of a long train while the rest of the top men had to wait it out. I think they estimated how much time each had waited and sorted it out in the end.-leh

Any chance I could get a copy of Baltimore 1990 and Delaware 1992? I have the single sheet results they used to mail you but would love to see the overall results.

I'd also vote in favor of a "Slowtwitch results repository", and contribute what I have. Go for it Dan!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have the 1992 Delaware race T-shirt framed in my office
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
d2xccoach wrote:
deh20 wrote:

Hi David-

Found the Tupper Lake results from 1990. Your data:

S = 26:12
B = 2:25:10
R = 1:31:38
T = 4:23:00
Age group: 7 of 37
Overall: 27 of 370

Winner was Henry Schachte in 4:07:01.

That is too cool! Thanks for posting that. Despite the saying "The older I get, the faster I was", I thought I had gone 4:23. Great memories of that race. I'd love to do it again one day. Maybe 2015...25 years later.

Thanks again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bnlea wrote:
Does anyone have race results or a source of results by race from the 80's?

I have either 85 or 86 USTS Denver, plus the Governors Cup tri and a couple others from those two years (Denver/Boulder area).

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply

Prev Next