Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMC rumor [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$700+tax vs. $675 including tax is a difference of $116 if like me you live in Ontario.

But I hear you. $675 all in is still a lot of money.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: IMC rumor [mopey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mopey wrote:
What is the signup time?

It will start at 9am.
Quote Reply
Re: IMC rumor [Pentictonite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pentictonite wrote:
Old_Rambler wrote:
If the "argument" with WTC is not resolved by Monday, will they still proceed with registration? They probably don't want to get into a situation where they have to cancel registration halfway and refund money to those already registered ...

Yes, the registration at the SOEC will begin at 9 am Monday morning. There will also be a special line for the volunteers.

Has anyone seen info about online registration? The CP page has an inactive link. When does it go live?
Quote Reply
Re: IMC rumor [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:

Has anyone seen info about online registration? The CP page has an inactive link. When does it go live?

The online registration will go live on Tuesday.
Quote Reply
Re: IMC rumor [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if Messick drove up the road to Kelowna to see if they wanted to host the IMC race next year. I don't doubt they will try to launch a race within a week or 2 of the Challenge race date. Same thing they did to try and kill The Great Floridian and moving IM Germany down the road from Roth

I also wonder if Rev3 tried to get in on the action
Last edited by: Jackb: Aug 23, 12 17:57
Quote Reply
Re: IMC rumor [Jackb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about Vancouver Island? Great destination spot, decent airport, triathlete hotspot.

AJ

-------------------------------------------------------
IM WC Hawaii 2024
Quote Reply
Re: IMC rumor [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think they would likely look at Whistler. It has comparable infrastructure as IMMT being a big ski hill resort area
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I also wonder if Challenge will hire Fraser the day after the race on Monday to be the race director.....

That would be interesting as WTC forced NA sports to sell all the events to them, that would be good payback
Quote Reply
Re: IMC rumor [Jackb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironman Calgary? Full distance? Discuss.... ;-) Good to have a western regional race - international airport - loads of room??? Some great roads to ride?....Just don't know about the swim?....

Quote | Reply
Jackb wrote:
So I also wonder if Challenge will hire Fraser the day after the race on Monday to be the race director.....

That would be interesting as WTC forced NA sports to sell all the events to them, that would be good payback

I suspect Graham will be focusing his energies on the latest venture, Centurion Cycling ...

http://centurioncycling.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a remote chance for WTC to prevent Challenge from taken over and for the race to go on next year under the challenge label?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the link for online sign up?
Quote Reply
Re: IMC rumor [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Is there a remote chance for WTC to prevent Challenge from taken over and for the race to go on next year under the challenge label?

That would depend on what lawyer you ask and I am happy to discuss this further however based on the legal advice I am aware of, from my perspective the Challenge Penticton Race will occur and I suspect it will be a best ever.

There is a lot of excitement locally to put on a race that focuses more on the athletes and the overall race experience. It is also important that we not forget about this year’s race, and given that it is the 30th anniversary race I am hopeful that is also a great one for all involved.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sure hope it does. Roth in Penticton sounds like a perfect way to spend a few days in Canada at the end of August :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
I sure hope it does. Roth in Penticton sounds like a perfect way to spend a few days in Canada at the end of August :-)

We would love to have you and hope you can make it to the first ever Challenge Penticton Race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a thought. Chrissie book signing in Toronto on 22nd. Book signing in Oregon on 28th. What's in the middle?

She's a big fan of Challenge events. Vocal supporter of Challenge Roth. Peter Reid namedropping Chrissie a few times in his article on ST homepage.

Will Chrissie be in Penticton this weekend? As PR?

One things for sure ... the atmosphere in Penticton will be dialled to eleven this weekend. I am heading down there tomorrow. Can not wait.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Last edited by: Jaymz: Aug 23, 12 20:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wish that they would have included a half iron as well but that might be asking a lot. Ironman days are over but half days could be in the future. That being said, I would come up to volunteer just to check out the owners and how they are doing things.
Quote Reply
Re: IMC rumor [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
I wish that they would have included a half iron as well but that might be asking a lot. Ironman days are over but half days could be in the future. That being said, I would come up to volunteer just to check out the owners and how they are doing things.

Please do come up next year to volunteer – as a fellow volunteer it is an awesome experience. There will also be a volunteer sign up specifically for volunteers should you choose to race afterwards (there will be this year as well).

Thanks for the feedback on a half distance course offering, I will ensure that it is passed on to Challenge Penticton. Feedback is very important for this race to all involved and any other suggestions are very much welcome
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have volunteered 6 times and raced 2 at Ironman Canada. Always loved wetsuit stripping and transition. Will not make it up this year but I would love to see how things pan out next year with new organization. What I would love to see is more than just a half iron or even an olympic distance race go on but running races, kids running race and a way to invite more to enjoy the experience.

Please, please tell me that Steve King has been contacted to do the announcing for next year. This would be a huge step forward in the right direction as he is the true voice of triathlon in Penticton, in BC and in Canada as far as I am concerned. His knowledge is second to none.
Quote Reply
Re: IMC rumor [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback Bmanx! - much appreciated and keep it coming....
Quote Reply
Re: IMC rumor [jar70] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM Calgary

Swim in Ghost Lake ... Ride from there to Bragg, out and back on hwy 60, then down the back way to Millarville across 549 and up the hills to 37th or Road to Nepal and to South Glenmore. Run down to Fish Creek by Canyon Meadows, across the park to 37th, up to the reservoir and around. Finish on 90th in Oakridge. Voila!
Last edited by: spirogeek: Aug 23, 12 20:47
Quote Reply
Re: IMC rumor [vguy2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I'll be hovering over the keyboard Tuesday
Quote Reply
Re: IMC rumor [spirogeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spirogeek wrote:
IM Calgary

Swim in Ghost Lake ... Ride from there to Bragg, out and back on hwy 60, then down the back way to Millarville across 549 and up the hills to 37th or Road to Nepal and to South Glenmore. Run down to Fish Creek by Canyon Meadows, across the park to 37th, up to the reservoir and around. Finish on 90th in Oakridge. Voila!

Oh friggin lovely, Road to Nepal after cycling 150 Km or so. THAT would be something to look forward to. Plus, that 10% climb heading out to Forget me not would space out folks more.

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply
Re: IMC rumor [BCDon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it was easy it would be called football
Quote Reply

Prev Next