Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMC rumor [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Understood. I'll try to be patient. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alright, can't see why we can't have both, it is an Internet forum after all with most of these threads being rumor but right now I am just bitter that we are losing one of the originals.

It's like the Boston Marathon ending and a new Massachusetts marathon replacing it. The same, but not the same.

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: IMC rumor [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm just asking that we not have any press release up right now. you can talk about whatever you want. but, just, not the press release. any posts that got pulled were fruit of the press release that was posted. that's the only reason they were pulled. you can feel free to talk about this on this thread starting now. no need to wait.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: IMC rumor [dcameron999] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See this ad on Triathlete magazine web page, though the link does not work yet.

Last edited by: Enduralete: Aug 23, 12 8:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got it, that makes sense.

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
to dcameron999 and those who commented to it:

that arm of this thread has been hidden from view. you did nothing wrong. just do me a favor and play along here. in a couple of hours all will be made known.

Oh sure, hide my inflammatory pro Steve King comments...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: IMC rumor [dcameron999] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just google 'challenge penticton'
Quote Reply
Re: IMC rumor [Enduralete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It still has a crappy date. If they want to bring in big name Pros it will be a tough sell with a late August date.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: IMC rumor [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, the problem is Roth is in July, so they can't compete with that. The only option would be mid June to get a stacked Pro field.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by dukyle [ In reply to ]
Re: IMC rumor [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Well, the problem is Roth is in July, so they can't compete with that. The only option would be mid June to get a stacked Pro field.

That's fine, but it doesn't change the fact that the date still sucks. Most big name pros will be getting ready for Kona. If (maybe they don't care all that much) they want a bigger pro field, the date needs to change.

Quote Reply
Post deleted by Sandbagging [ In reply to ]
Re: IMC rumor [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:
C'mon guys I thought that there would be some awesome,over-the-top rumours abounding here by now.You guys are letting me down...;-)

--

You mean like WTC being sold to Lifetime Fitness? ;)

-

B.Oliver -My Blog...triguywithavx.wordpress.com
Powered by:
-accelerate3.com coaching-
-**TriSports.com Save 20% Message me for one time use code {restrictions apply...see site)
Quote Reply
Re: IMC rumor [Sandbagging] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sandbagging wrote:
http://www.trimes.org/...tting-back-his-race/

It's official...

That press release has been posted twice already and Dan has asked people to hold off until 1PM when the official announcement happens...
Quote Reply
Re: IMC rumor [Writerguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still plan on volunteering, but I'm not sure what race I'll be signing up for??? I'm guessing Challenge won't have an early sign up for IMC volunteers.
Quote Reply
Re: IMC rumor [FatteLatte] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FatteLatte wrote:
Sandbagging wrote:

It's official...

That press release has been posted twice already and Dan has asked people to hold off until 1PM when the official announcement happens...

Opps... sorry! I will try to delete it...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan when should I check back to read your story?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FatteLatte wrote:
Sandbagging wrote:
http://www.trimes.org/...tting-back-his-race/

It's official...

It is 1 PM somewhere. . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan's last post also says that it's ok to start talking about this. Am I the only one that is confused?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

That's fine, but it doesn't change the fact that the date still sucks. Most big name pros will be getting ready for Kona. If (maybe they don't care all that much) they want a bigger pro field, the date needs to change.

----

Changing dates is pretty much out of the question as there is just too much other shit going on in Penticton during the summer..Contrary to popular opinion triathlon isn't everything in this town.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Challenge people made a mistake and posted their press release online before making the official 10am PT announcement. That's all.

Graham Barron Design: Custom west coast house design http://www.grahambarron.com/
Quote Reply
Re: IMC rumor [Trick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like the http://www.challenge-penticton.com thread is up, including registration link, but you need a code to register. Hopefully this saves me ~15 hours of driving this weekend. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: IMC rumor [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:

Changing dates is pretty much out of the question as there is just too much other shit going on in Penticton during the summer..Contrary to popular opinion triathlon isn't everything in this town.

--

That is also fine. But any further talk of trying to get a better pro field should be squashed then. It isn't going to happen with a late August date. That's all I am saying.

Quote Reply
Re: IMC rumor [rhet0ric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhet0ric wrote:
The Challenge people made a mistake and posted their press release online before making the official 10am PT announcement. That's all.

Macca just retweeted a link. This horse is definitely out of the barn now...

Quote Reply
Re: IMC rumor [RyanDay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will be interesting to see how you get a coupon code to register. I wonder if this year's volunteers will get a code? I hope so as I am volunteering this year.
Quote Reply

Prev Next