Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? August 20 Edition
Quote | Reply
Tell us...

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 20 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M - 1.5 mi walk + 6 mi bike + 1800 yd lake swim
T - 18 mi bike + 1800 yd lake swim
W - 50 mi bike
T - 1.2 mi walk + 30 min elliptical + 1800 yd lake swim
F - 16 mi bike + 4000 yd lake swim
S - 26 mi bike + 6000 yd lake swim
S - 48 mi bike

Totals: 164 mi bike, 15600 yd swim, some other stuff. On Saturday I did a little indoor rock climbing and on Sunday I tried stand up paddleboarding and sailing (the latter of which was not so successful due to a lack of wind). Check for the "adventure" component this week.

Dinner at my professor's house Wed. night was awesome.

Food was ok... 5/7 ... one bad night was because I got dragged to a social thing I didn't want to do and was up late and ate sugar.
goals for this week: (1) no bingeing (2) 4-5 rides (3) 3-4 swims ... running as foot allows...

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- swim x 4: FAIL. canoed on saturday instead.
- bike x 3: WIN with 3 trail rides on my new bike!
- run x 6: WIN, quite happy here.
- core/strength x 4: WIN.

this week's goals:
- swim x 3
- bike x 2
- run x 4
- mobility/core x 4

racing an off-road tri on sunday, so this is taper week for me. think the new mtb will help me smoke last year's time, as long as i don't do this again!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Odd week last week. P's foot ended up back in the ER and so he was out of commission much of the week, which meant I had doggie detail every morning. I took advantage of that to run almost every day this past week :-). Also it was my birthday last week so I booked that day (Wed) off work to run & swim & relax a bit... I got some good stuff for b-day too: a new Road Holland jersey in orange and a pair of Rapha bibshorts. Yay!

Original goals: Not much planned.
Run 5x -> DONE, felt good.
Swim OW 1x -> DONE
WCP 2x -> DONE
Ride - maybe 1 or 2 - we'll see how things go....-> Did 1 commute ride.

This week:
Run 4x
Swim 1x
WCP 2X
Ride every day dammit including 2x Commute+ rides.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 20 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nicely done! It's the Red Badge of Honour! :-) Good luck in the race!

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week I was on vacation with a LOT of my family. So not much other than various runs each day, the longest only an hour. Much more important to spend the time with the loved ones I don't see much after my "A" race was out of the way.
This week - going kind of by the seat of my pants since there's some life stuff in the way and my last race of the season on Sunday - mostly for fun, but I'd like to see how close to my time at the "A" race I might get - but we'll see, it's a different type of course (rolling as opposed to flatter than flat).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 20 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knock 'em dead on your off road tri!!!
:)
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 20 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A belated happy birthday, AP!
Is P back to ok now?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks Chica, yep he ran this morning. he's too stubborn to NOT :-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 20 Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks guys, it should be a hoot! i just hope my right shoulder loosens up beforehand; don't know whether it was the trip over the bars or the canoeing, but it's been pretty sore. just a little bruised & lacerated otherwise; no big deal :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Raced my last planned tri of the season on Sunday. Pr at the oly distance by 10 minutes and 1st in the athena division by over 20 minutes. Great way to cap off my best season since starting any type of distance / multisport events.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi all
TC - good luck w/ the foot. Don't try to rush it. I know it's frustrating
MistressK - good luck in your tri. No falling :)
AP - Happy belated Birthday.

My week was ok
Bike - wanted 2-3 , I got 2 rides in, one was 2 hours.
Run - Wanted > 50 miles, got 53 with my first 20 miler of the season.
Swim - wanted 1-2 , got ZERO. Sad
Core - only one.

Goals
Bike 2-3
Run 55 miles, w another 20 miler.
Swim at least once
and 2-3 core workouts

Happy training (and racing) every one.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 20 Edition [21trigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
21trigirl wrote:
Raced my last planned tri of the season on Sunday. Pr at the oly distance by 10 minutes and 1st in the athena division by over 20 minutes. Great way to cap off my best season since starting any type of distance / multisport events.

Well done !!! Super impressive.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 20 Edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You ladies are inspiring!!!!

Have been lurking here for about a month and now realize that this thread is very motivational and a great way to keep spirits up when training plans or life goes awry! I am a teacher and summer is officially over for us tommorow as we start planning for the fall. This is my first year of triathlon. Been sticking to sprint distance and am in awe of you ladies who go the ironman distance. Come from a cycling background (track racing) - no swimming or running whatsoever and its been fun learning about these two sports!

Had a pretty good training week this week
3 swims - only got 2 in but both were quality swims in local quarry
5 runs - only did 4 but they were 4 runs I can feel good about.
3 bikes - HIT!!!! Need to do some bricks though to get used to running off the bike.

This week:
3 swims
5 runs
4 bikes (will probably run after most of the bikes)

Next week --> taper for my last tri of the season on 9/1 and am pumped to see how much I've improved in swim and run from my first few attempts at this awesome sport.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend! I hope you all have fair weather, calm seas and a tail wind the whole way!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks and nice work everyone. I look forward to post-Leadman so I can get back to running 6-8 times a week - Your 20milers sound like heaven right now! (yeah I'm odd I get it).

Already trying to decide on a late fall/early spring marathon and/or do I pull the trigger on Comrades. Really tempting.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jumping back in to say I've been pretty lame lately.

I've been having problems with my heel caused by running up the hill to my apartment. I'm really bummed because it was a great challenge at the end of the run.

I am getting in about 3 runs a week and 1 swim. I've been finding if I try and play it by ear for workouts they don't get done so I need to plan out my week. I haven't done that the last two weeks.

I've started the Weight Watcher's Points tracking online. Still working through the kinks as I try and figure out what is how many points. Things will surprise me sometimes. I'm hoping this will stop my obsession with tracking calories and shift me towards making generally healthy choices. As far as I can tell it focuses more on the quality of what you eat than the quantity. We'll see.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AndyPants wrote:
Thanks and nice work everyone. I look forward to post-Leadman so I can get back to running 6-8 times a week - Your 20milers sound like heaven right now! (yeah I'm odd I get it).

Already trying to decide on a late fall/early spring marathon and/or do I pull the trigger on Comrades. Really tempting.

AP

Not so odd to me. I'm all about 20 milers :)

Let me know what marathon you sign up for. Right now I have Dallas (dec), Houston (jan), waffling on Austin in Feb- I may just do the 1/2, but it's my home town marathon, Napa Valley (in March), and Boston ( in April).
I REALLY want to do Comrades! I hope you can find a way to do it. I did Peace Corps in Lesotho (a country inside South Africa) and I'd love to go back. I have to get my last kid in college before I can afford to go, but it's on my bucket list.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? August 20 Edition [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JenSw wrote:

I've been having problems with my heel caused by running up the hill to my apartment. I'm really bummed because it was a great challenge at the end of the run.

quote]

Heel pain is a warning sign. It could mean big trouble (I'm not saying that it does). But it can be telling you that you're going into either plantar fascitis, or achilles tendonitis. Either way, they're both hard to recovery from. I suggest you google / youtube info about them, and start doing some stretching and rolling out exercises for you calves. Maybe just walk the hill at the end of your run for a little while. Ice as needed after running.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the 1/2 at Austin, loved it. Comrades has been on my list for a long time - I was training for 2007 when I got sidelined for ~4yrs dealing with hypothryoidism.

Also very interested in Berlin. Finishing under the Brandenburg gate would be awesome!

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply