Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
$1,200 for IMNYC 2013
Quote | Reply
Sorry if this was already mentioned, but it's 1200 for next years IM. At the registration site waitin to sign up. Amazing, I thought there would 2000 people waiting, but only about 30 people so far.
Last edited by: gleeclub: Aug 12, 12 4:20
Quote Reply
Re: $1,200 for IMNYC 2013 [gleeclub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is just fucking stupid....Hahahahahahaha!!!!

---
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that for real?

That is unbelievable to me. I can't wrap my head around spending over $1000 for a race fee.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
glee this is not directed at you, but I know people will line up to bitch about the $1,200 at some point. You seem more than happy to do so and good for you....everyone has their limits.

WTC is pure genius. I think it's great....they know there are thousands of people dying to get a medal and IM logo finishers t-shirt and are capitalizing on it. Anyone who bitches about the entry fee has made a choice to bypass the laundry list of non M-dot races throughout the year around the globe.

Racers vote with their wallet and every time a race sells out that sends a message to WTC that their pricing structure has yet to reach it's threshold.
Last edited by: tigerpaws: Aug 12, 12 4:33
Quote Reply
Re: $1,200 for IMNYC 2013 [martind28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
martind28 wrote:
Is that for real?

That is unbelievable to me. I can't wrap my head around spending over $1000 for a race fee.

Online registration for 2013 IRONMAN U.S. Championship will open at 5 p.m. EST on Sunday, August 12, 2012.
2013 Entry Fees:
General Entry: $1,200.00 USD
Premium Entry: $1,700.00 USD

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I coudnt believe the price from what the OP stated, so I checked it out myself. IT IS TRUE!

I do believe in capitalism, but this is just down right greed.

------------------------------------------------------------
Never forget those that sacrificed for your freedom.
Quote Reply
Re: $1,200 for IMNYC 2013 [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's a premium entry get you?

------------------------------
"Unless you have a ... GF who might put out that night and that night only ... skip it and race." - AndyPants 3-15-2007
Quote Reply
Re: $1,200 for IMNYC 2013 [datemple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which will just push the price of all the others up as well....Too funny!!

My next triathlon entry is "only" $485...Twice as long..Twice as fun,,;-)

--
Quote Reply
Re: $1,200 for IMNYC 2013 [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I may be wrong, but isn't that the charity slot price?

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:

----

Special hot dogs at the finish line...

---
Quote Reply
Re: $1,200 for IMNYC 2013 [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BDoughtie wrote:
I may be wrong, but isn't that the charity slot price?

But isn't that normally labeled as a Community Entry/Ironman Foundation slot? with wording about the tax deduction portion
Last edited by: SayHey Kid: Aug 12, 12 4:47
Quote Reply
Re: $1,200 for IMNYC 2013 [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
will it sell out in 8 minutes? And some said IMLT was too expensive. Oh well, supply and demand. If it fills up, $1500 2014.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Last edited by: h2ofun: Aug 12, 12 4:54
Quote Reply
Re: $1,200 for IMNYC 2013 [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
So, did it sell out in 8 minutes? And some said IMLT was too expensive. Oh well, supply and demand. If it fills up, $1500 2014.

--

Haven't heard any news of a sellout yet....The sensible man in me says it will take a bit longer this year but then again all sense seems to have been thrown out the window as far as this race goes.

---
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ultra-tri-guy wrote:
Which will just push the price of all the others up as well....Too funny!!

My next triathlon entry is "only" $485...Twice as long..Twice as fun,,;-)

--

My first IM Brasil was about $200US. Glad to switched to bike racing where I pay $15/race here!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guess it took more to pay off the police this year than they thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:

Special "clean water" swim lane.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not that I'm gonna sign up but still would be the cheapest IM I could do given that I live 20 miles away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The main reasoning behind the higher price is that it ends up being cheaper for people in the NYC area. Once you figure plane tickets, shipping a bike, hotel for 2+ nights, and miscellaneous crap, it is the same or cheaper. This is reasoning from the RD last year.
Quote Reply
Re: $1,200 for IMNYC 2013 [kimosobbi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kimosobbi wrote:
The main reasoning behind the higher price is that it ends up being cheaper for people in the NYC area. Once you figure plane tickets, shipping a bike, hotel for 2+ nights, and miscellaneous crap, it is the same or cheaper. This is reasoning from the RD last year.
---

That is an awesomely bullshit spin on raising prices...."Since you guys don't have to spend so much we can charge more"......Nice!!

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What was the 'standard' entry fee for this years (so 2012) race?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: $1,200 for IMNYC 2013 [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SayHey Kid wrote:
martind28 wrote:
Is that for real?

Online registration for 2013 IRONMAN U.S. Championship will open at 5 p.m. EST on Sunday, August 12, 2012.
2013 Entry Fees:
General Entry: $1,200.00 USD
Premium Entry: $1,700.00 USD

At T1 yesterday, there were rumors the price will go up to $950 (which is the original price they asked before they backed down due to the public outcry).
Is it going to go up each year like the Bridges tolls??? I offered my wristband to some friends who competed yesterday (and did well) but all said they are not going to resign.
As a local I had no desire to do the race to beginwith but this is ridicules.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Part of the price is, because they can. But a lot of it is, it's a LOT more expensive to put on an event like that in and around NYC, than say LP or KY or MOO or wherever.

EVERYTHING is more expensive in NYC.

And I agree, IF I were to do an IM, the entry price is almost a non-starter, in the decision tree. You have to figger ALL of the other expenses in.
LP is (potentially) WAAAAY more expensive, with the whole 5 nite minimum at $300+ / nite lodging nonsense.
Penticton and CdA are in the middle of freaking nowhere - travel expenses add up.

If you think it's too expensive - don't sign up. Vote with your wallet.
There are LOTS of much less expensive events out there. Support them!!!

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: $1,200 for IMNYC 2013 [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh sure,they can charge what they like and it wasn't going to affect me anyway as I'd never do that race but doesn't mean I can't have my usual whine about WTC....

I now worry for others that all their races will start to skyrocket in price.....People can say "Vote with you wallet" all they like but in my opinion,in the long run,this kind of price gouging will hurt the events left behind once WTC is sold off..

....and for those who are sharpening thier knives to have a go at me,don't bother.
--
Last edited by: Ultra-tri-guy: Aug 12, 12 5:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But at least if something happens and you arent able to race you can get a $150 refund....assuming it's before June 26th.

gleeclub wrote:
Sorry if this was already mentioned, but it's 1200 for next years IM. At the registration site waitin to sign up. Amazing, I thought there would 2000 people waiting, but only about 30 people so far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The other changes so far are 630am start with a 15.5 hr cutoff or 10pm - noise ordinance
Quote Reply

Prev Next