Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

drug testing at IMNA?
Quote | Reply
I had a discussion with a german friend...when mentioning prize money in european IM, they always say that prize money will be distributed after the results of drug testing.

I haven't seen it in IMNA races. I know that IMH has tests, but is this also the case for other IMNA races??? do they actually use any money at all for testing (or does it go straight in their pockets instead?)
Quote Reply
Re: drug testing at IMNA? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm quit interested in that question too.
So let me move this up to the top again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the past year or so, I've seen testing at 2 different triathlons (one an IMNA event); and that was a coincidence because I just happened to be volunteering at a spot when the people came through. They looked to be very discrete during the process, so that little if any onlookers even realized that it was happening.

I found a press release out on USADA's website (usantidoping.org), which has 2nd quarter 2003 results - it lists the number of out-of and in-competition tests for triathlon and 42 other sports.

In addition, if you look at the USAT race sanction agreement, although it's the race management who have to cover the costs of testing, it's USAT who makes the choice on which events to test at.
Quote Reply
Re: drug testing at IMNA? [bob-b] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but does this mean that not all IMNA will have drug testing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]
but does this mean that not all IMNA will have drug testing? [/reply]

I have absolutely no clue whatsoever. I was just a volunteer who walked up and said "do you need any help?".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]but does this mean that not all IMNA will have drug testing?[/reply]

let's take Tim DeBoom and I choose him for no particular reason, no acusation, speculation nothing of that kind. He just wins races so it's easy to find information about him.

In 2002 he won California Half and Hawaii but according to the USADA web site, he only got tested once, so the answer to your question has to be yes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
> they always say that prize money will be distributed after the results of drug testing.

some, but not all, IMNA events have drug testing. of course, there is no notice beforehand which events those are. prize money is distributed immediately in the case of no testing, and after test results are in in the other case.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At IMFLA last year, they graciously announced right at the pro meeting that there would be no drug testing.

(Thank goodness, I was so jammed with plCBO...)

"What's good for me ain't necessarily good for the weak-minded."
Quote Reply
Re: drug testing at IMNA? [bobo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
actually, yes I remember...
someone in the meeting asked: are there any tests?
and they said no...
I thought that was odd? I was talking to Shortis who was like "huh? what?"
Quote Reply