Raleigh NC Folks
Quote | Reply
Are you ready for an Ironman 70.3?
Quote Reply
Re: Raleigh NC Folks [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
Are you ready for an Ironman 70.3?

I live up near Wake Forest. I haven't done a triathlon in 10 years, but that would be pretty cool.
Quote Reply
Re: Raleigh NC Folks [TashaSkippy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
June of next year. Registration goes up August 8th. If my source is accurate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone from m-dot been to NC in june? It will be 90+ and high humidity... Thats about as good an idea as a 70.3 DC in august... wtf?
Quote Reply
Re: Raleigh NC Folks [Josh_Dixon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Josh_Dixon wrote:
Has anyone from m-dot been to NC in june? It will be 90+ and high humidity... Thats about as good an idea as a 70.3 DC in august... wtf?

Isn't that what makes it an "Iron"man? :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you mean "half" ironman... and yes I most likely will register. Hooray for renal failure!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Josh_Dixon wrote:

Or Muncie in July or Louisville in August or NYC in August, etc etc etc

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Last edited by: japarker24: Aug 2, 12 10:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Josh_Dixon wrote:
You may be right and it could be miserable, but it could also be nice.
If they do it early in June they might be ok. This year was a little cooler - Avg high for the 1st 10 days was 82, low 58, avg 70. Over the past three years though the Avg high for the 1st 10 days was 88, low 65, avg 76
Quote Reply
Re: Raleigh NC Folks [Twotter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i would put my money on the norm and not hope for an exception. but like I said I'll probably sign up, its hard to resit a 70.3 in your back yard!
Quote Reply
Re: Raleigh NC Folks [Twotter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, early June.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The WTC race organizers must live up North as well and I have nothing but love for Canada...If I pay $400 dollars to race a 70.3, I want the opportunity to reap the rewards of busting my ass for the past 5-9 months and have the chance to achieve times that I once never thought possible. Instead, I'm going to be running about 12-20 mins slower, be in a complete state of survival mode for the entire 13 miles of the run, and wake up the next morning feeling somewhat refreshed because I didn't "race" but only survived it. It's like a surfer going out for a session with 1-2 footers...What's the point?

This overwhelming frustration is not directed towards M, its just that one of the highest states of USAT memberships has been waiting for this race for a very long time and they put the S.O.B in the middle of summer.

Let me HTFU real quick though!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Raleigh NC Folks [mdgreene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dude you only need one kidney. think of the weight you'll save!
Last edited by: Josh_Dixon: Aug 2, 12 11:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Josh_Dixon wrote:

I agree. WTC directors should be required to race White Lake the first week of May before committing to a HIM in RDU a month later.
Last edited by: godaddygo: Aug 2, 12 11:40
Quote Reply
Re: Raleigh NC Folks [godaddygo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
godaddygo wrote:
Josh_Dixon wrote:

I agree. WTC directors should be required to race White Lake the first week of May before committing to a HIM in RDU a month later.

Geez, I never realized you folks in NC are such delicate flowers! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
says the dude from canada...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Josh_Dixon wrote:

Come on up and endure some Canadian winter and let me know what kind of delicate flowers we are. :)
I look forward to whatever heat/humidity there is. And I have raced White Lake as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
godaddygo wrote:
Josh_Dixon wrote:

You ever do a HIM in 90 degrees and high humdity? I am not talking what northerners consider high humidity, I am talking dew points in the mid 70's, as in oppressive humidity. I have, twice, and it blows.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess it being an "IM" event will draw initially. Being a coach in the area, I'll be curious how big this does get.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
godaddygo wrote:
M~ wrote:
godaddygo wrote:
Josh_Dixon wrote:

You ever do a HIM in 90 degrees and high humdity? I am not talking what northerners consider high humidity, I am talking dew points in the mid 70's, as in oppressive humidity. I have, twice, and it blows.

i have at White Lake. And I visit my brother in late July early August every year. You guys should likely get this for the run. ;)

Quote Reply
Re: Raleigh NC Folks [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i say bring it on! Training for Louisville this year was tough but not too hellish.

This will be badass to have a WTC half in my back yard!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a reason why having 2 halfs in back to back weekends didn't last to long. That race weekend had to get scaled back to 1 single race weekend now.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
Josh_Dixon wrote:

Come on up and endure some Canadian winter and let me know what kind of delicate flowers we are. :)
I look forward to whatever heat/humidity there is. And I have raced White Lake as well.

Are there any triathlons in Canada during the winter?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
Josh_Dixon wrote:

really? what year? I will look up the results.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Josh_Dixon wrote:
M~ wrote:
Josh_Dixon wrote:

Are there any triathlons in Canada during the winter?

Actually there are. :) http://www.winterludetriathlon.ca/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
now along with the car full of tri gear, you telling me I have to buy skates and skis!!!!! I stand corrected....
Quote Reply

Prev Next