Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

sram rival cassette wont fit...
Quote | Reply
Hi guys,

I'm changing out my wife's bike's cassette.. She has some shimano 10 speed.. probably a 105 or ultegra.. I tried to swap it for a sram rival 1070 cassette which I thought would work.. but when I took out the old cassette and put in the new one, the cogs do not fit in tightly. They are loose and move around in the wheel hub. I could add an extra spacer at the bottom of the 28T cog but its still a lil loose.. and the shifting goes all weird..

What am I doing wrong?
Quote Reply
Re: sram rival cassette wont fit... [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Forgot to mention its a mavic wheel if that matters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You need the Shimano/SRAM spacer. Costs $5 new at your Mavic dealer. Mavic M10 freehubs are designed for Mavic cassettes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You need to put a thin washer style spacer behind the cassette if its loose. Usually you don't need to with sram but with mavic wheels you do. Usually just shimano cassettes require the spacer but some mavics require 2 for shimano (& 1 for sram)

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: sram rival cassette wont fit... [realAlbertan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realAlbertan wrote:
You need to put a thin washer style spacer behind the cassette if its loose. Usually you don't need to with sram but with mavic wheels you do. Usually just shimano cassettes require the spacer but some mavics require 2 for shimano (& 1 for sram)

I am already using the washer that was installed with the shins no cassette. I think it's 1mm. So I need another washer OT ditch this one and use the mavic washer that I get from the store ?
Quote Reply
Re: sram rival cassette wont fit... [nublar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nublar wrote:
You need the Shimano/SRAM spacer. Costs $5 new at your Mavic dealer. Mavic M10 freehubs are designed for Mavic cassettes.

If it fits tight with the spacer I will have to mess with the rear derailed too right? I tested it with a home made spacer and the rear dérailleur wants to jump off the 28T cog when I shift up one more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the spacer that is needed for mavic freehubs is FAT. probably closer to 5mm thick. it usually comes stock with mavic wheels.
you will need much more than the paper thin shimano spacer you have there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, adjust your limit screws and tension. Use a dork disk if you're paranoid.
Quote Reply