Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"Bike commuter" busted for doping by UCI
Quote | Reply
Looks like UCI caught another one.

Quote:
Boulder -

Sarah is what she calls, "a competitive bike commuter". "I own like 3 popular commuter routes in Boulder". A quick check in Strava proves it, Sarah is the leader of the Boulder - Lafayette (via Baseline), South Boulder HC into Louisville, and Boulder - Gunbarrel. When asked about why she likes competitive commuting she says, "it's way better than racing, you don't have anyone yelling at you to hold your line, there's a race 5 days a week, 1 category, no timing chips, registration, license and all that BS that comes with racing."

Yesterday UCI announced they are banning a 28 year female rider Sarah Tream-Thompson. Even though Sarah has never had any doping test performed on her she has admitted to usage of EPO, testosterone, and excessive caffeine. Her ban will prevent her from participating in any sanctioned cycling event for the next 2 years, but there is one small catch here, Sarah doesn't race.

Most other commuters on these routes have no idea what Sarah is talking about, "I've seen her a few times flying past me going up Baseline Hill, I just assumed she was some pro getting some training in around Boulder. The worst is she blows through the stoplight like it's not even there regardless of cars." One commuter though was glad to see her she got busted, "she came out of no where this year with Strava times off the charts, first I thought she was hacking the GPX files but one day I used my moped to stalk her and saw that she was indeed producing those times on her own. I knew something was up because years prior she was just a normal commuter with average times but something changed this year".

The situation is as odd as the bust, since Sarah never races she has never been tested and never made USADA radar until last month Sarah was arrested in Longmont because she was soliciting sex outside of Amgen where EPO is made. Sarah was exchanging sex for EPO. That led them to confronting Sarah who from day 1 has been very open with investigators about her drug use.

But nothing will change says Sarah, she never races and has no plans to so she will continue to do what she can to get the EPO. Sarah has tried to contact a coach for advice on nutrition and training but he will not return her emails. Smart guy.

http://303cycling.com/...-receives-2-year-ban
Quote Reply
Re: "Bike commuter" busted for doping by UCI [53x12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WTF! that reads like an april fools joke.
Last edited by: odin99: Jul 24, 12 15:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hahaha, good laugh. Thanks. Only time until people start complaining about cheaters on Strava.
Quote Reply
Re: "Bike commuter" busted for doping by UCI [odin99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
odin99 wrote:
WTF! that reads like an april fools joke.

Other than the April part, it is.
Quote Reply
Re: "Bike commuter" busted for doping by UCI [Ahillock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha, dam Strava segment hunters!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Major news source, or a link to UCI ruling, or it didn't happen.

This is too crazy.
Quote Reply
Re: "Bike commuter" busted for doping by UCI [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Onion?
Quote Reply
Re: "Bike commuter" busted for doping by UCI [SpencerDC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Submitted by Kris Thompson on Fri, 07/20/2012 - 12:41.
"This story is made up. Happy Friday.... Notice the category we assigned this too.. it's Friday Fun."
Quote Reply
Re: "Bike commuter" busted for doping by UCI [gregn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is great! Pretty sad that something that far fetched could actually enter the realm of possibility in the wild wild world of sport.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL... Sex for EPO...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was always suspicious about those Boulder commuters. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not quite sure I believe this, but then again, it wouldn't surprise me if it was true.

Quote | Reply
Just FYI for all, the article is not true and was meant as a humorous "news story".
Quote Reply