Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
USDA has a deal with Levi Leipheimer, George Hincapie, David Zabriskie and Christian Vande Velde according to a paper
Quote | Reply
Here you have some news Europe

http://translate.google.nl/...Armstrong___.html%0A
AMSTERDAM - EXCLUSIVE Telesport got last night of well-established information sources that passed the Anti-Doping Agency USADA a bizarre deal would have closed with five former teammates of Lance Armstrong that are running in the Tour de France. That appointment would mean that these riders use dope acquaintances, would give incriminating information about Armstrong and in late September for just six months suspended.

http://www.telegraaf.nl/...ak-Armstrong___.html
Last edited by: Halvard: Jul 4, 12 22:16
Quote Reply
Re: USDA has a deal with Levi Leipheimer, George Hincapie, David Zabriskie and Christian Vande Velde according to a paper [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think your giving the Telegraaf too much credit by calling it a paper. It is more like a gossip magazine (with some news at page 12).
Quote Reply
Re: USDA has a deal with Levi Leipheimer, George Hincapie, David Zabriskie and Christian Vande Velde according to a paper [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's now on the dutch radio....... An interview with Michael Boogerd (former dutch pro cyclist).
He didn't know the story. And he thinks it's very difficult to prove LA is a PED cyclist.

Let's start the trash talking...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
Here you have some news Europe

http://translate.google.nl/...Armstrong___.html%0A
AMSTERDAM - EXCLUSIVE Telesport got last night of well-established information sources that passed the Anti-Doping Agency USADA a bizarre deal would have closed with five former teammates of Lance Armstrong that are running in the Tour de France. That appointment would mean that these riders use dope acquaintances, would give incriminating information about Armstrong and in late September for just six months suspended.

http://www.telegraaf.nl/...ak-Armstrong___.html

Cyclingnews has an article too.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...ce-against-armstrong

So... they get a whopping six months suspension, after the season, not really disrupting that much, and they might get to do TdF next year since that's after six months? And they don't apparently vacate any placements or victories

I do think lance was doping and there was institutional doping in cycling, but this is outright bribery to get testimony.
Quote Reply
Re: USDA has a deal with Levi Leipheimer, George Hincapie, David Zabriskie and Christian Vande Velde according to a paper [cowardlydragon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the majority of the riders at that time doped.

Let's move on.

Vaughters is doing a great job with his team and working for a cleaner and better cycling - look what he did with Millar and Dekker

----------
Miguel Andrade
http://mitano.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: USDA has a deal with Levi Leipheimer, George Hincapie, David Zabriskie and Christian Vande Velde according to a paper [cowardlydragon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happens thousands of times per day in most justice systems. Not quite bribery at all - do you think any of these guys WANT to be doing this? The talking publicly and risk to current reputations is huge.
Quote Reply
Re: USDA has a deal with Levi Leipheimer, George Hincapie, David Zabriskie and Christian Vande Velde according to a paper [Il Falco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but seriously, how do you have a deal with a organisation of individuals ? Is it just with one person .. for example the person that interprets the blinded results into unblinded ?

where is USDAs suspension ?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by AlexG [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Assuming that this report turns out to be true, what have we learned? Well we have learned what we already knew... Everyone in that era was doping.

Zzzzz..... wake me up when this is over and they have awarded those 7 tours to nobody because everyone was guilty.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: USDA has a deal with Levi Leipheimer, George Hincapie, David Zabriskie and Christian Vande Velde according to a paper [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:

I can't understand why the dairy producers of America are even concerned.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: USDA has a deal with Levi Leipheimer, George Hincapie, David Zabriskie and Christian Vande Velde according to a paper [Il Falco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's called a plea deal, we regularly convict, imprison, probably have executed numerous people here in the U.S. based on testimony acquired by these sort of "bribes" (which I seem to recall reading somewhere actually aren't part of many European countries' legal systems?). All we're talking about here is stopping some folks from participating in a sport where they appear to have routinely broke the rules.

Armstrong was invited to come and talk to them as well, maybe he should have come clean and he would have gotten such a sweet deal and only his 4 co-conspirators would be facing long suspensions?
Quote Reply
Re: USDA has a deal with Levi Leipheimer, George Hincapie, David Zabriskie and Christian Vande Velde according to a paper [sirkilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sirkilio wrote:
the majority of the riders at that time doped.

Let's move on.

Vaughters is doing a great job with his team and working for a cleaner and better cycling - look what he did with Millar and Dekker

Didn't Vaughters admit to doping himself......not sure why he isn't a witness? Or perhaps he is? Or is he protected because of his stance?

http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: USDA has a deal with Levi Leipheimer, George Hincapie, David Zabriskie and Christian Vande Velde according to a paper [ShoMyOFace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see the general slowtwitch hive mind has moved from "landis is a liar" and "he never failed a test" to the Mark McGuire "lets move on" defense.

that is great progress!

good job you guys.

this dutch paper of course is only repeating the names of those who testified that were already plainly obvious from the olympic selection news. so they may not have had a real source. so far it doesn't seem like their report of a 6 month suspension is true.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: USDA has a deal with Levi Leipheimer, George Hincapie, David Zabriskie and Christian Vande Velde according to a paper [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope somehow the tour comes out and takes hincapie's start/partipation record away if it's on record he admits to doping. We all assume they all doped but if it's taken this type of agreement to bust lance, well I want all those dopers to suffer for those who snitched as well.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: USDA has a deal with Levi Leipheimer, George Hincapie, David Zabriskie and Christian Vande Velde according to a paper [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
honestly I'm happy to grant every rider who speaks out about the past honestly complete immunity (in the, I will still be a fan of them sense, not legal sense)

now, people who have spoken honestly to the authorities but not publicly, maybe, 60% immunity =)

I still 60% love you Zabriske!

BDoughtie wrote:
I hope somehow the tour comes out and takes hincapie's start/partipation record away if it's on record he admits to doping. We all assume they all doped but if it's taken this type of agreement to bust lance, well I want all those dopers to suffer for those who snitched as well.

Quote Reply
Re: USDA has a deal with Levi Leipheimer, George Hincapie, David Zabriskie and Christian Vande Velde according to a paper [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
this dutch paper of course is only repeating the names of those who testified that were already plainly obvious from the olympic selection news. so they may not have had a real source. so far it doesn't seem like their report of a 6 month suspension is true.

Bruyneel writes a regular column for this paper. So, it takes almost no conjecture to figure out the likely source of this information.

For his part, Vaughters released a statement this morning that no one on Garmin has a received any current or future suspension in relation to the Armstrong case
Quote Reply
Re: USDA has a deal with Levi Leipheimer, George Hincapie, David Zabriskie and Christian Vande Velde according to a paper [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
honestly I'm happy to grant every rider who speaks out about the past honestly complete immunity (in the, I will still be a fan of them sense, not legal sense)

now, people who have spoken honestly to the authorities but not publicly, maybe, 60% immunity =)

I still 60% love you Zabriske!

The public comments are coming, as soon as the witness list comes out in September or October
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
I see the general slowtwitch hive mind has moved from "landis is a liar" and "he never failed a test" to the Mark McGuire "lets move on" defense.

Landis is a liar; that fact won't change. However, if they actually have testimony from Hincape, Levi and DZ then Lance is toast.

I am looking forward to Jan Ulrich and Ivan Basso being awarded a few of the titles because they were definitely clean.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With Hincapie announcing his retirement so close to the time the USADA announced the investigation into Lance, the though of George's confession crossed my mind.

I had hoped I was wrong.

Landis & Hamilton have no credibility, George & the others, do.
Quote Reply
Re: USDA has a deal with Levi Leipheimer, George Hincapie, David Zabriskie and Christian Vande Velde according to a paper [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I am looking forward to Jan Ulrich and Ivan Basso being awarded a few of the titles because they were definitely clean.

Fixed that for you ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: USDA has a deal with Levi Leipheimer, George Hincapie, David Zabriskie and Christian Vande Velde according to a paper [kjtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it turns out that all the riders named in the report did confess, why are they more credible than landis? Just because they were better dopers and better liars?

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: USDA has a deal with Levi Leipheimer, George Hincapie, David Zabriskie and Christian Vande Velde according to a paper [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
jackmott wrote:

Landis is a liar; that fact won't change. However, if they actually have testimony from Hincape, Levi and DZ then Lance is toast.

Maybe after they bust Lance and take away his seven and award half of them to Jan, they will dust off the old Telekom team and arrange them to testify against Jan for those years (he was only officially busted later right), Vino can be one of their witnesses, he is credible and clean.

Then they can take the titles from Jan and award them to . . . hell, someone else who was probably already busted.

I have no doubt lance doped, just like his whole team and (based on later convictions and admissions) basically the entire rest of the peleton.

If they are going through all this trouble, can't they just vacate the damn 7 tours. It will be a complete farce to award them to anyone that finished 2nd in those same races because they have all been implicated in their own doping scandal.

Ironman Certified Coach

Currently accepting limited number of new athletes
Quote Reply
Re: USDA has a deal with Levi Leipheimer, George Hincapie, David Zabriskie and Christian Vande Velde according to a paper [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
styrrell wrote:
If it turns out that all the riders named in the report did confess, why are they more credible than landis? Just because they were better dopers and better liars?

nobody is more credible than Landis. Landis is the jose canseco of cycling. a great and noble and mentally unstable hero!

Quote Reply
Re: USDA has a deal with Levi Leipheimer, George Hincapie, David Zabriskie and Christian Vande Velde according to a paper [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
lacticturkey wrote:

I can't understand why the dairy producers of America are even concerned.
Yeah, I don't enjoy the grammar police, but.......

US Dept of Agriculture (USDA)
US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA)

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply

Prev Next